OFFICIAL Ashley Taylor to Titans

Should Ash Taylor Be Promoted ASAP

• He's A Dud, Stupid Thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Should Ashley Taylor Be Promoted

stop deluding yourself ... as long as Wayne Bennett is coach of the Broncos, Darius Boyd will be the Broncos fullback.

and if we are going to wait 3 years to determine whether Boyd should be fullback and Milford 6 ... then we are effectively wasting 3 years. you can't tell me Bennett needs 3 years to find out if Boyd at fullback and Milford at 5/8 is whats best for the team.

Oh-boy-Here-we-go.jpg

Bennett is off-contract in 2018 as well, he hinted pretty strongly that this will be his last coaching gig when he first signed with us. We also aren't "Waiting 3 years to determine whether Boyd should be Fullback", we are trying to win a premiership in the next 3 years whilst Boyd is still at the peak of his game.

If we win a premiership in the next 3 years and Boyd is still playing good, then he's more than likely going to remain at Fullback, if we don't win a premiership and he's starting to decline, he won't remain Fullback, thus opening up an opportunity for a young halve or fullback.. maybe someone like Ashley Taylor.

After he's actually played some games..? You said earlier that he's played 30 something games for our Under 20 team, and now all of a sudden people are in tears about him potentially leaving because he's unable to get a spot in our NRL squad?.. What a joke rofl, how about the kid gets healthy and has a year or two in the ISC before we are willing to tear apart our team just to try and fit him in.

I'm going to just say it -- I think Taylor is more valuable than Boyd.

He's obviously not a better player, but he's a rarer commodity. I know Boyd has a highly decorated career, but look at how many great fullbacks there are in the game today. And look at how well Kahu has done deputising for him. Whilst what Boyd offers is valuable, he's no Inglis, and I think you can find someone who can do most of what he does much more easily than you can find a genuine young half.

Young halves are always rare and will basically always be in demand, much more so than guys who can do a good job at fullback. I mean, aside from DCE, when was the last time a genuine half moved clubs? It very rarely happens, and if you don't have a half it's a much bigger problem than if you don't have a fullback. So that's why I get very antsy at the thought of him leaving.

Yeah good Fullbacks are super easy to find, just look at how easy it was for us to replace Karmichael Hunt.

Hoffman? Nope
Norman? Nope
Barba? Nope
Boyd? TBD

Not bad, only took us 6 years to find someone who might be a decent Fullback.

Yeah good Fullbacks are super easy to find, just look at how easy it was for us to replace Karmichael Hunt.

Hoffman? Nope
Norman? Nope
Barba? Nope
Boyd? TBD

Norman would have been a good fullback for us ... if he actually put his whole heart into it instead of just whinging that he should have been 5/8.

I also would have liked to have seen how Barba went under Bennett and away from Hooks bulk at all costs policy. I can't imagine that Hasler is the only coach to get the 2011/12 form out of Barba

Norman would have been a good fullback for us ... if he actually put his whole heart into it instead of just whinging that he should have been 5/8.

I also would have liked to have seen how Barba went under Bennett and away from Hooks bulk at all costs policy. I can't imagine that Hasler is the only coach to get the 2011/12 form out of Barba

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

none of that changes the fact that we haven't had a good fullback since Hunt. You can't throw out unbreakables opinion by saying if Norman woulda of done this or Bennett coulda done this. That's all just speculation and assumptions

How is the Milford scenario even mildly similar to the one we're in? Milford wasn't behind anyone at the Raiders, they were literally willing to throw him into any position in the spine and pay him every cent they had to stay, and he still left, because they're junk.

Taylor is good, but not even in the same ballpark as Milford at the same age, and with the amount of injuries and lack of experience Ashley has, if a club is willing to give him more money than us and offer him a guaranteed starting role, good on them, I wish him luck.

It's the same for several reasons when it comes to your loyalty agrument; both signed at 13 both clubs put in a huge amount of work. Yet when it comes to Milford leaving you're ok with it but before he's even done it Taylor is a dirty filthy money hungry grub who can bugger off to Sydney with is disloyalty.

Hoffman? Nope
Norman? Nope
Barba? Nope
Boyd? TBD

Easier to find than good halves IMO. We still haven't replaced Locky

Last edited:

none of that changes the fact that we haven't had a good fullback since Hunt.

Hoffman was actually pretty good for us in 2010 and 2011. He just couldn't keep it up and his play-making flaws stood out when Lockyer retired.

He in no way replaced Hunt, but you can't say we haven't had a good fullback since 2009 when we had the New Zealand fullback pushing Beale out of the team.

Hoffman was actually pretty good for us in 2010 and 2011. He just couldn't keep it up and his play-making flaws stood out when Lockyer retired.

He in no way replaced Hunt, but you can't say we haven't had a good fullback since 2009 when we had the New Zealand fullback pushing Beale out of the team.

How can you say Hoffman was a good fullback when the modern day fullback needs to have playmaking ability and he has/had none? He was made to look good by locky, doesn't mean he was/is

Boyd's contract ends in 2017, if he's not playing to the standard we need at Fullback, Milford to Fullback, Taylor into the Halves.
So you think that after a few years building a halves partnership between Hunt and Milford, Wayne is going to put Milford back at fullback?

So you think that after a few years building a halves partnership between Hunt and Milford, Wayne is going to put Milford back at fullback?

No he's not, but there are so many unknowns and intangibles between now and when Taylor is off contract that this is all just guessing at this stage

No he's not, but there are so many unknowns and intangibles between now and when Taylor is off contract that this is all just guessing at this stage
Maybe he can answer for himself?

We can make all kinds of conjectures of course, but I would like to know what people who are absolutely hell bent on the current combo, think is going to happen with Taylor, if he proves to be that good, and we have an established partnership between Milford and Hunt?

It's the same for several reasons when it comes to your loyalty agrument; both signed at 13 both clubs put in a huge amount of work. Yet when it comes to Milford leaving you're ok with it but before he's even done it Taylor is a dirty filthy money hungry grub who can bugger off to Sydney with is disloyalty.

They're still completely different scenarios, Milford left Canberra to come home and be with family, and took less money to do so, a lot less according to most reports.

Taylor leaving (if it does come to that) will be purely for money and a guaranteed first grade spot.. And I didn't call him any of those things you claim, you're just putting words in my mouth, a common occurrence on this forum when somebody is on the losing end of an argument.

Maybe he can answer for himself?

We can make all kinds of conjectures of course, but I would like to know what people who are absolutely hell bent on the current combo, think is going to happen with Taylor, if he proves to be that good, and we have an established partnership between Milford and Hunt?

Sorry I didn't realise I needed to ask permission to respond to a post. If I'm allowed to continue I'll give an answer to your question, feel free to edit my post of this is unacceptable.

If the hunt/Milford partnership continues to develop and they are both playing as good or better than Taylor is and if boyd is playing well then I expect that Taylor will leave the club for an opportunity elsewhere.

Having said that there are so many variables that could happen that as you say it's all conjecture anyway

As I've said Porthoz, it depends on a lot of variables.. Do we win a premiership with this spine? Do Hunt and Milford form an elite partnership? Does Boyd re-sign? Does Bennett re-sign? Does Taylor stay healthy? Does Taylor carve up the ISC?

We just have to see how things play out man, no two ways about it.

They're still completely different scenarios, Milford left Canberra to come home and be with family, and took less money to do so, a lot less according to most reports.

Taylor leaving (if it does come to that) will be purely for money and a guaranteed first grade spot..

Or maybe just a chance of fighting for a first grade spot.

You get one shot at a career in the NRL. If your path to first grade only opens because of injury or a really established player losing form, why the hell shouldn't you go elsewhere in order to have the career you dream of? Nathan Friend left the Storm because he was stuck behind Cam Smith. Did he leave purely because of money and a guaranteed first grade spot, or did he simply want a chance at having at NRL career?

Sorry I didn't realise I needed to ask permission to respond to a post. If I'm allowed to continue I'll give an answer to your question, feel free to edit my post of this is unacceptable.

If the hunt/Milford partnership continues to develop and they are both playing as good or better than Taylor is and if boyd is playing well then I expect that Taylor will leave the club for an opportunity elsewhere.

Having said that there are so many variables that could happen that as you say it's all conjecture anyway
I asked unbreakable what he thought, and you actually replied for him, by saying "No, he's not". However, you're free to give your own opinion.

You're not answering my question, but I will clarify. This is not an unlikely scenario, although everything is possible, but let's say we're 2 years down the track, and:

- Taylor is absolutely killing it in lower grades, ISC and FG cameos when either Hunt or Milford are unavailable.
- Hunt and Milford have built a solid partnership in FG, Boyd is performing at his normal level.

What do you think will or should happen at that point?

I asked unbreakable what he thought, and you actually replied for him, by saying "No, he's not". However, you're free to give your own opinion.

You're not answering my question, but I will clarify. This is not an unlikely scenario, although everything is possible, but let's say we're 2 years down the track, and:

- Taylor is absolutely killing it in lower grades, ISC and FG cameos when either Hunt or Milford are unavailable.
- Hunt and Milford have built a solid partnership in FG, Boyd is performing at his normal level.

What do you think will or should happen at that point?

Taylor should stay loyal with us to play reserve grade regardless off the offers and opportunities at other clubs, of course

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fitzy
  • Rambstien
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • PETERN
  • Dee
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hurrijo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.