ATTN: Tennis Fans

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm just sussing out US Open tickets right now. Anyway, what's the best spot to watch it? I have never been to a live tennis match, so yeah...

Clearly, I won't be buying courtside tickets. They are US$1000! [icon_ee Most of them are sold but there are still some spots in the nosebleed section (i.e. the top tier).

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I haven't been to a live tennis match either (unless Sunday morning comp counts :mrgreen: ), but I'd say sitting behind the baseline would generally make it much easier to follow the ball.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah I was thinking behind the baseline would be great too. I might buy some tickets tomorrow and hope for the best that we get a match with a big named tennis player.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Corporate boxes are usually the best place to watch from icon_thumbs_u

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't want to spend all my trip money on a corporate box. I'm not loaded. [icon_razz1

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Oh no - I mean suss out a way to wangle you're way into one for free!

Seriously I personally prefer to watch from the sideline rather than the baseline.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Go for baseline, your neck will thank you!

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Any of you people saying baseline ever been to a top line tennis match? I'm just asking cause I have been several times to the Oz Open and have sat in pretty much every spot and seriously I absolutely cannot stand watching from the baseline.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Top line? Does my cousin playing my uncle count?

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Maybe if you are Rafa Nadal and your uncle is Rodger Federer

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
Maybe if you are Rafa Nadal and your uncle is Rodger Federer

Actually, Rafa's great-great-great-great grandfather is my dad's father's grandfather.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, when I was little when I lived in Spain for 3 years. I beat him all the time, but I got bored with it...and Raffy (that's what we call him) got really depressed about me whooping his arse, so he trained like a mofo. And the rest is history.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Well my hat goes off to you for creating the second best player of today.

But I guess that he's still pissed with you - hence why he won't let you sit in his player's box and you have to buy your own tickets to the US Open

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
Any of you people saying baseline ever been to a top line tennis match? I'm just asking cause I have been several times to the Oz Open and have sat in pretty much every spot and seriously I absolutely cannot stand watching from the baseline.

I just like watching from the baseline [icon_shru

Just like I like watching footy from behind the goal posts [icon_shru

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
KrispyKris said:
Yeah, when I was little when I lived in Spain for 3 years. I beat him all the time, but I got bored with it...and Raffy (that's what we call him) got really depressed about me whooping his arse, so he trained like a mofo. And the rest is history.

I remember you telling me the story. He found a single dumbbell and just did bicep curl after bicep curl with his left arm until it looked massive, while his other one was puny.

It's still like that to this day.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.