CRICKET Australia v India

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Haha not even hiding the fact they won't have any lefties.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Haven't heard of pitches being prepared to play differently to left/right handers before. Maybe it happens but it's the first i've heard of it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Surely it's against the spirit of the game

Yeah but since it is India, it is ok. Remember, they spent the whole of last series mocking Steve Smith. As soon as Australia did it to Kohli, it was almost world war three.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Alright, so given Green, Starc and Hazlewood are out, I reckon the side will be:

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Renshaw
7. Carey (wk)
8. Cummins (c)
9. Lyon
10. Boland
11. Morris

Just a feeling that could be totally wrong. Obviously Morris is the contentious call there.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Disagree. Fully within the spirit of the game. If you’re the home team you should be able to have pitches that favour your team. Nobody has a whinge when Australia constantly produce roads.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Disagree. Fully within the spirit of the game. If you’re the home team you should be able to have pitches that favour your team. Nobody has a whinge when Australia constantly produce roads.
What is the point of having a completely doctored pitch? Australia does not produce roads at all, see Gabba test last year.

It's unethical, and it adds to the dying nature of test cricket.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
What is the point of having a completely doctored pitch? Australia does not produce roads at all, see Gabba test last year.

It's unethical, and it adds to the dying nature of test cricket.
Lol! There should be a challenge when going to different countries. Not unethical at all and players should be challenged in all conditions.
Unlike others I had no issue with the Gabba test, but the Gabba is a poor example to use, because it is really the only true wicket in Australia. Due to the drop in nature of pitches around the country they are all the same.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

100% Agree, It's the challenge of cricket and different conditions is what makes it hard. I love this stuff.

Everyone says we want challneges we want different conditions but then when they get it say take me back to Adelaide.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Alright, so given Green, Starc and Hazlewood are out, I reckon the side will be:

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Renshaw
7. Carey (wk)
8. Cummins (c)
9. Lyon
10. Boland
11. Morris

Just a feeling that could be totally wrong. Obviously Morris is the contentious call there.
The doctoring of pitch for lefties should rule Renshaw out. I'd go with Handscomb if he is fit.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
The doctoring of pitch for lefties should rule Renshaw out. I'd go with Handscomb if he is fit.

I reckon this is part of it, the biggest part- they want to be in your head. They would love those photos being out there.

Start changing your team, jumping at shadows.

Maher and Law loved other teams coming to Brisbane and talking about grass and green.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I reckon this is part of it, the biggest part- they want to be in your head. They would love those photos being out there.

Start changing your team, jumping at shadows.

Maher and Law loved other teams coming to Brisbane and talking about grass and green.
It's not exactly like it's a huge change though. Renshaw/Handscomb aren't worlds apart in talent. If we can add another right hander, that's an advantage.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014

I know we did sandpaper and whatever else but trust me, there's no bigger team in world cricket when it comes to playing outside the spirit of the game than India. They're the reason the "mankad" has been now normalised, every kid playing the game knows you don't do that shit to try and win a game. Not India though, they do whatever it takes

If it's going to be a pitch that turns square, make it turn square for ALL batsman, absurd

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I know we did sandpaper and whatever else but trust me, there's no bigger team in world cricket when it comes to playing outside the spirit of the game than India. They're the reason the "mankad" has been now normalised, every kid playing the game knows you don't do that shit to try and win a game. Not India though, they do whatever it takes

If it's going to be a pitch that turns square, make it turn square for ALL batsman, absurd
Really? How hard is it for the non-striker to stay in their crease. I think the mankad is a legitimate dismissal, particularly with the growth of T20 cricket. As Starc siad, "If I have to keep my foot behind the line, you can keep you bat behind the line."

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.