COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

What an empty feeling for Aussie ufc fans.

Volk maybe has just got a fraction slower than he was. Second time in a row now he's been caught with shots he never used to get caught by. Sad for him as i still think he's a better fighter than Topuria.

Volk maybe has just got a fraction slower than he was. Second time in a row now he's been caught with shots he never used to get caught by. Sad for him as i still think he's a better fighter than Topuria.

Yeah, you could see he was concerned about the power and was uncharacteristically cautious.
He needed to go in with that first Islam fight mentality. I hope he comes back from this, but I’d also like to see him retire in the next year or two if he gets back on top.

I hope Holloway doesn’t take too much damage from gaethje because him vs topuria is pretty exciting.

Volk needs to be a bit selfish now and take 8-9 months off to recover from the KOs. He has saved Danas ass so many times so needs to be finally rewarded for it.

Maybe the worst nose break ive seen captured in footage.

Big weekend ahead for Australian boxing
Liam Wilson kicks off on Saturday at midday live on foxsports (not paperview) against Oscar Valdez for the WBO title. Was robbed last time in America and I hope he gets his title finally.
Then on Sunday on main event, Tim Tsyzu is up against Sebastian Fundora with Tim looking to add another title to his collection and set up a fight with Crawford.
Oh and Zerafa is finally fighting after stepping aside twice now as the mandatory challenged to Erislandy Lara.

All up im hoping Wilson and Tsyzu get the job done and Zarafa gets KO'd and goes back into his hole

Tszyu is huge trouble. massive cut on his head, getting outboxed and simply has no answers. He's losing this fight unless he can knock him out here. Still dont think Tim is anywhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Tszyu is huge trouble. massive cut on his head, getting outboxed and simply has no answers. He's losing this fight unless he can knock him out here. Still dont think Tim is anywhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Yep, he's going to lose this I think. A knockout is his only option

He's not going to get a decision in a close fight in America.

Defeat for Tim. Even allowing for the cut, he was outboxed and outclassed.

Disagree. I think Tzuyu was in charge early on, once that cut started pissing and effecting his vision, he could only wait for perfect counterpunch opportunities. Eating 5 jabs for one timed counter - never going to win on points when you're doing that.

Tzuyu wins that comfortably without that cut IMO.

He was giving Fundora a touch up before the cut. His percentages were far better. Sure Fundora lands a punch to give that cut fair play but he didn’t it was pure accident and he had the ascendency from there. With a 9 inch reach advantage and the state Tszyu was in it was only going one way. I agree Fundora should have won but I dont put that down to being the classier fighter. They could fight again in a week and he would get towelled up.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Midean
  • porouian
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Johnny92
  • Spooky1013
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Browny
  • Santa
  • Maddy
... and 53 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.