Bring back reserve grade

Yes, but the Broncos haven't had a player of Cherry Evans calibre come through the club since Karmichael Hunt left....that's a separate issue.

The Under 20s is a joke of a competition. It's glorified touch football. Ditch it. Bring back reserve grade. No extra cost to clubs. And a far better pathway to the NRL.

Proves that the theory is wrong.

I am not supporting the 20's I don't like it at all. I am certain though it is a myth that if the Broncos had a reseve grade it would produce results the Qld Cup isn't.

No one has produce anything to support that.

I'm sure all fans would, but it'd be the $$$s.

Having Reserves + A grade would cost no more than 20s + A Grade, and would be better quality football.

When 'Woomba played before the Broncos every week there was not a soul there.

When 'Woomba played before the Broncos every week there was not a soul there.

Hence if it's Brisbane Broncos reserves there'd be more appeal. Not that there's more than a few hardy souls there for the Under 20s until towards the end. I certainly never got there with more than 5-10 minutes remaining.

In this weeks RLW the mole says that the ARLC will announce shortly that they will be Bringing back the reserve grade competition. They will still have the u20s in a reduced format (possibly as a mid week comp)

[MENTION=1769]Foordy[/MENTION] Is that next season or season after?

The mole said it could be as early as 2014

Thats fantastic news! It'll be good for the game because guys won't have to make the leap from 20s to 1st grade. Reserver grade is (and always was) the ideal training ground because it allows the 20s guys to play with and against experienced players. It also means that once a guy turns 21 (and isn't in the 1st grade squad) he doesn't get chucked on the scrap heap.

Bravo ARLC! (never thought I'd say that)

Remember the days where a reserve grade player would get called up (due to late injury) and have to play two games consecutively? They were tough buggers!

I do remember that symbolsoup. I remember that they had to have played a full game of reserve grade to be eligible. I'm not advocating a return to that one, but it might sort out a few of the princesses who are products of the modern game (Ben Creagh I'm looking at you).

The rumour isn't right. NRL clubs don't want it if they have to fund it. Although the NYC mid week is close to right.

A national comp involving the ISC and VB Cup is the preferred option.

The rumour isn't right. NRL clubs don't want it if they have to fund it. Although the NYC mid week is close to right.

A national comp involving the ISC and VB Cup is the preferred option.
I can understand why the clubs do not want it but most fans i talk to that used to watch C grade, reserve grade and then A grade want it and it is the fan who pays for the game now. They do not run on chook raffles like the old days

ray hadley said there would be on the footy show, 20's, reggies and 1st grade

Active Now

• Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Pablo
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • Professor47
  • LittleDavey
  • mrslong
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • Maddy
  • eggstar10
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosMan
  • rnabokov
  • Nerd
  • Galco
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.