Bronco Fans - Show You Want Sundays

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Bronco Fans - Show You Want Sundays - Brisbane Broncos

Finally! A decent fixture on a Sunday afternoon.

Here's a theory: The Broncos adopt a no-frills completion rate brand of football because they predominantly play in the dewy/wet conditions on a Friday night.

I also think one of the most important cogs in making the Broncos a better club for the future isn't about player retention: it's about fan retention, especially when the club is performing so poorly. Sure, every rugby league fan in Brisbane has a passing interest in the Broncos, they always will. It's not hard to get 30,000 to Suncorp when you're the only fixture on within 1000km and have a captive audience.

Sunday games means families. Families mean repeat business, long term fans and probably a more entertaining brand of football in the dry.

Such a crock of shit for White to say: “While we’re never ever going to be seen as a side that plays consistently on Sunday afternoons, at least annually you love to get a Sunday game at Suncorp Stadium because it’s got a bit of tradition to it.”

So 1 game a year at home as a :"treat" for the fans.

Good luck with that champ.

I'm not going to show them I want Sunday games, because I don't want them.

Friday nights suit me just fine.

white has nothing to do with this. it is channel 9 who have the broncos playing 18 of 24 rounds on a friday night in the tv rights contract.

"It is understood Channel Nine inserted a clause in the latest TV rights deal demanding 18 of 26 rounds feature Brisbane on Friday night."

That's great. Would love to play 75% of those away in Sydney!

I'm not going to show them I want Sunday games, because I don't want them.

Friday nights suit me just fine.

Why does it suit you?

Do those reasons align with the direction the club should be taking?

Do you think scheduling has any effect at all on the club's performance week to week or over the long term, or in the development of its culture?

Why does it suit you?

Do those reasons align with the direction the club should be taking?

Do you think scheduling has any effect at all on the club's performance week to week or over the long term, or in the development of its culture?

I don't care. I don't run the club, I just want Friday footy.

What about Saturday arvo games as well ?

Daytime footy should be a 50/50 split for all sides.

Thought provoking.

I'm sorry. Why, as a fan, should I care? I like Friday night football. Why do I like it? Because I like to come home after work on a Friday, sit on my ass and watch football.

As for going to that deadshit expensive stadium, don't care.

fridays suit me more both going (work besides suncorp) and watching on tele.

i'd like a few sunday games though.

i think playing the majority games on a friday probably helps the team more than hinders it.

I like Friday Night games the most too. I don't have to wait to watch the Broncs play, and it's a great way to start the weekend.

I like Friday Night games the most too. I don't have to wait to watch the Broncs play, and it's a great way to start the weekend.

Fantastic. If you just want to sit at home and watch it, which is where I am headed over the next few years. Cheap beer, food, I can spend Friday arvo with the missus and bub and my bed is 5 steps rather than 10km away.

If the club has no interest in building membership then maintain the status quo.

While i will be at Suncorp whenever they play, Friday nights do suit me better than the weekend. The downside this season is i kick the fucking dog all weekend after they lose and he is getting sick of it

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.