Bronco Fans - Show You Want Sundays

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I want more day games in general and Sunday works best as the family have no Union games that day. I haven't gone to a single game this year purely because the drunk wankers at Suncorp on a friday night make it an unpleasant experience for the family.

It's not just the Broncos tho, It's the Reds and Roar as well. In general there needs to be more day games across the codes at suncorp.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I want more day games in general and Sunday works best as the family have no Union games that day. I haven't gone to a single game this year purely because the drunk wankers at Suncorp on a friday night make it an unpleasant experience for the family.

It's not just the Broncos tho, It's the Reds and Roar as well. In general there needs to be more day games across the codes at suncorp.
I am lucky my tickets are close to the Broncos dugout and have not seen any drunks around us this year. Can't say i had any bad experiences at the Roar last year either but i do not go to the Reds games

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Apparently the contract between the NRL and Channel 9 had us playing 18 of 26 games on a Friday night. Massive stitch up. In reality the Club can't do a lot about it. The NRL have to stand up to CH 9 and say what they want.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
I am lucky my tickets are close to the Broncos dugout and have not seen any drunks around us this year. Can't say i had any bad experiences at the Roar last year either but i do not go to the Reds games

i honestly havent noticed many if any at all really.

i would say the worst idiots i came across last year was the sunday arvo game verse the knights.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Apparently the contract between the NRL and Channel 9 had us playing 18 of 26 games on a Friday night. Massive stitch up. In reality the Club can't do a lot about it. The NRL have to stand up to CH 9 and say what they want.
The NRL wont stand up to them because it was reported this was part of the conditions when the TV rights were drawn up to get all the dough

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I prefer Fridays.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I would rather watch a quality Sydney game on TV on a Friday night than, say, the quality of the Broncos v Warriors or Tigers games recently.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
yep, i go to every game. Prefer going on fridays. No sun in your eyes, a lot cooler, can have a drink if you like. sunday afternoon....do not like.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
yep, i go to every game. Prefer going on fridays. No sun in your eyes, a lot cooler, can have a drink if you like. sunday afternoon....do not like.

I think most people without children probably would prefer Friday nights. The issue is Friday nights aren't family friendly at all. We know we will play a lot of Friday night games all we ask for is 3-4 Sunday games a year to take the kids to.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think most people without children probably would prefer Friday nights. The issue is Friday nights aren't family friendly at all. We know we will play a lot of Friday night games all we ask for is 3-4 Sunday games a year to take the kids to.

This. It's the main reason I can't see myself getting a full membership again anytime soon, and why even the Awesome Foursome deal doesn't help me.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This. It's the main reason I can't see myself getting a full membership again anytime soon, and why even the Awesome Foursome deal doesn't help me.

Broncos need to push hard for 3 or 4 Sunday games a year which could be turned into a Family membership deal.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Such a crock of **** for White to say: “While we’re never ever going to be seen as a side that plays consistently on Sunday afternoons, at least annually you love to get a Sunday game at Suncorp Stadium because it’s got a bit of tradition to it.”

So 1 game a year at home as a :"treat" for the fans.

Good luck with that champ.

I still can't believe people think clubs have any say on when they play, that just doesn't make sense

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008

I don't have kids, but I much prefer Sundays. Easier to get to and from, I don't drink so I don't care about work the next day, and in my experience the crowds are a lot more tolerable and a lot less full of drunk tossers. I don't want a Sunday game every week because I quite like watching the broncs run around on a Friday night, but is it really asking too much to have three or four Sunday afternoon games?

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
Been waiting for a day game all season so I can take my 4yo young fella to his first game ... Really looking forward to it now .... This game will be a virtual sell out against the food drawing St Merge .... I probly go to 6 or so games a season and Friday nights are getting tired in my view

When they get 50k to this game I wonder if the Broncos will care more - most likely not

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I love going to Friday night games, the crowd is always quieter than a shopping centre on a slow day.

Makes for good light reading.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
When Paul White says we are never ever going to be seen as a team that plays consistently on a Sunday what he is trying to say is we are never going to be seen as a team that plays consistently on a Friday as well.
He is just stating the bleeding obvious and should do something about it.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I used to love the ABC Saturday afternoon broadcast as a kid. Warren Boland commentary, kick in the park at half time. The memories.

A Saturday night twilight game would be a good one for to take casual fans (i.e. wife/out of towners) too as well. Go to the game, dinner and drinks afterwards (not rushed!!).

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Waynesaurus
  • eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.