OPINION Broncos Backrower Bench hole

If we are going to sign an erratic unfulfilled talented back rower, it should be TPJ, not Schuster. Hard pass from me.
IF...that's we're we are at

I agree
Omg GIF by WE tv

Josh Schuster is what I imagine the result would be if someone were to try and create a hybrid of Anthony Milford and David Fifita in a science lab.

Now on paper, that probably seems like it would result in a pretty good player, but unfortunately he has inherited all the worst attributes of Milford and Fifita, i.e. laziness, lack of discipline, lack of work ethic, money-hungry, low stamina, and thinking that they are better than they really are.

Good luck to anyone signing Schuster, but it's a big pass from me.

Makes you wonder though how his manager got that deal from Nanly in the first place, must be one heck of a salesman.

Makes you wonder though how his manager got that deal from Nanly in the first place, must be one heck of a salesman.

Their other 2nd rower got crazy money too !
There have been a few back rowers sign up for big money lately . The Dolphins and the threat of expansion may be coercing clubs to spend more money on edges than they would previously ?

Their other 2nd rower got crazy money too !
There have been a few back rowers sign up for big money lately . The Dolphins and the threat of expansion may be coercing clubs to spend more money on edges than they would previously ?

Could be. At least Oloakuatu is worth a lot of money I guess. Look at Kikau, he is the Dogs' forward pack and does so much for them. But then you get your Fifitas and Schusters who are on bucket loads and just don't anywhere enough to warrant it.

I admit I fell for his potential. He could be such a unique player but it's doubtful he'll ever reach that. Wonder if it's the first time in his career that he's had that adversity - can no longer coast.
To me he just seems like a bigger version of Milford. All the talent without the matching mindset.

The CM claiming we were offered Luke Garner but turned it down because he wanted over 300k.

It hard to believe that not so long ago we had more second rowers than you could poke a stick at and now we are struggling to scrape one up.

It hard to believe that not so long ago we had more second rowers than you could poke a stick at and now we are struggling to scrape one up.
Yeah, not big on Jack Gosiewski tbh, Would rather we got Klese Haas,

I’m not too fussed about who we chuck at second row as long as it isn’t Patty. We just need a depth option. Riki is solid with the occasional poor defensive lapse and not offering much in attack, but he’s a good role player in a team of stars on a favourable contract.

Pikaura is a very good player.

Our options are sorted we just need depth that can fill in for a few games here and there. We don’t ever really even use our second rows in attack. They’re just out there defending and running decoys for our backs. Anyone could do it, as long as they can tackle.

I’m not too fussed about who we chuck at second row as long as it isn’t Patty. We just need a depth option. Riki is solid with the occasional poor defensive lapse and not offering much in attack, but he’s a good role player in a team of stars on a favourable contract.

Pikaura is a very good player.

Our options are sorted we just need depth that can fill in for a few games here and there. We don’t ever really even use our second rows in attack. They’re just out there defending and running decoys for our backs. Anyone could do it, as long as they can tackle.
Riki king of the kick chase daylight second lol

Pretty basic job description .
Reyno kicks from the right side of the field . You will be required to stay behind him while he kicks . Then run flat out for 40 metres and then ball and all tackle the receiver . Other than that you will be required to run on your tippy toes with the ball once every other set and make some tackles on the edge .

We don’t ever really even use our second rows in attack.
That will change in a cpl of weeks when the strike back rower returns .
Even Hunt should have waltzed over last week but fumbled . Riki is a big dissapointment from what I thought he was gonna be when he debuted .
He plays his role , but I cant help thinking he`s holding back and has much more to offer .

That will change in a cpl of weeks when the strike back rower returns .
Even Hunt should have waltzed over last week but fumbled . Riki is a big dissapointment from what I thought he was gonna be when he debuted .
He plays his role , but I cant help thinking he`s holding back and has much more to offer .
Yeah he’s a weird one. He was a great junior and showed glimpses of incredible athleticism early on. Kind of just waited for it all to click but he ended up just channeling it into being a solid all rounder who only stands out in regards to kick chases (which he does beautifully for the record).

After tonight's show, I'd be happy to expect Jack Gosiewski to be back up backrower

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lostboy
  • Culhwch
  • broncotville
  • Ondi
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.