NEWS Broncos captain Darius Boyd says he’ll quit NRL if hamstring issues continue

I’d hand the captaincy to McCullough and go to market with a heap of coin for a half or a fullback.

I agree with McCullough at captain but I'd rather let Isaako or Bird have a shot at fullback before going to market. We could look at a proper halfback though.

How come they have said his salary is 700k but according to some we have our 3 players on a mil each Bird , Boyd and Milf

If he retires, I wouldn't mind trying Kodi at fullback, with us getting another half.

What about isaako? He seems to be the fullback in waiting.

How come they have said his salary is 700k but according to some we have our 3 players on a mil each Bird , Boyd and Milf

because the media like to claim all our players sign for a million ... makes it easier to justify when they then imply that we cheat the cap ...

I dont think we have a top class fullback anywhere else in the club if boyd calls it quits

No top class fullback in the club... really. No one who could play fullback outside of Bird and Isakko...

If Boyd retires (with medical retirement cap free) then have to buy a genuine halfback if one is available unless Kodi and Milf shine consistently.

If Boyd is on a career prolonging regimen how the hell can he stay at fullback, the most demanding possible role on his hamstring? Any decent half will be targeting him for being out of position or unable to adjust all night. Centre makes a lot more sense once he is actually 100% and if it’s good enough for Inglis to help the team why not Boyd.

And he is really feeling almost normal with Tigers not a good sign for future...

It might sound crazy, but Izzy Folau is apparently sniffing around a return to the NRL.

1. Isaako
2. Kahu
3. Roberts
4. Bird
5. Folau

How about that for a backline

OR

4. Opacic
7. Bird

14. Nikorima

No top class fullback in the club... really. No one who could play fullback outside of Bird and Isakko...

If Boyd retires (with medical retirement cap free) then have to buy a genuine halfback if one is available unless Kodi and Milf shine consistently.

If Boyd is on a career prolonging regimen how the hell can he stay at fullback, the most demanding possible role on his hamstring? Any decent half will be targeting him for being out of position or unable to adjust all night. Centre makes a lot more sense once he is actually 100% and if it’s good enough for Inglis to help the team why not Boyd.

And he is really feeling almost normal with Tigers not a good sign for future...

We really dont have a single top class fullback outside of Boyd. We have players who can play fullback, they arent top class in that position though. Lets be honest, Issako has been a revelation with his kicking, but has only been solid on the wing. Allan, if he is still remaining with us has really got to step up big time. Bird i dont think is going to be dropped back to the number one shirt. Kahu again isnt going to be a long term fullback either with his constant injuries. I'd love to know who we have thats top class outside of Boyd ( if he gets himself full fit ) because i just dont see anyone.

Like his honesty. If he can manage great. If not, there is a good chunk of change there that becomes available.

I’d hand the captaincy to McCullough and go to market with a heap of coin for a half or a fullback.

Yet you were defending Kodi earlier as our halfback??? Short memory? Quick to change the tide?

Hamstrings are deadset nightmare to manage when you get tear on tear. I don't know which segment of hammy group he ripped last year, but if he managed to double up on the same segment in the semis, there's a huge risk in the future.

We really dont have a single top class fullback outside of Boyd. We have players who can play fullback, they arent top class in that position though. Lets be honest, Issako has been a revelation with his kicking, but has only been solid on the wing. Allan, if he is still remaining with us has really got to step up big time. Bird i dont think is going to be dropped back to the number one shirt. Kahu again isnt going to be a long term fullback either with his constant injuries. I'd love to know who we have thats top class outside of Boyd ( if he gets himself full fit ) because i just dont see anyone.

We have a few young blokes. No one NRL ready just yet. But a few coming through.

I think either Bird or Isaako could serve the purpose at fullback and if given the chance develop into a top class fullback. For me, we’d be better served chasing a halfback with the money that would come available if Boyd chooses to retire.

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.