NEWS Broncos need to have tough conversation with Boyd

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Just put him in q cup ffs
Both Macca and Boyd need a spell there. Gillett needs a rest. Three weeks, first two no training. Just relaxing. Ok, some aerobic training too just for fitness during the first two weeks. I think he needs a break.

rotorman

rotorman

BRL Player
Nov 15, 2016
Ok if Boyd is gone who we put there , can’t say Milford , he’s next out the door

A

azza

NYC Player
Jun 30, 2013
On one hand I feel bad for him and hopefully Boyd can cop all this shit hes getting but on the other hand he is embarrassing to watch. A few weeks off and he might find he is happier off field and time to hang it up possibly.

M

Maddy1to9

QCup Player
Sep 13, 2017
With Origin Game-3 around the corner, from QLD perspective I reckon Oates, Gillet, Fifita & Milford(???) would get called into camp and they will not be around the Broncos team until we play Warriors on Jul 13. That being the case, we will be very light on the composition of 1-17.

This is exactly the point Anthony.S was referring to when he said that he would hand out debut's to fresh faces. Guys like Coates, Paix, Farnworth would get picked. And I reckon to their disbelief, they too would get demotivated by playing in a team that's being screwed by Boyd in every aspect of the game. Unless something dramatic happens behind the scenes with the Broncos board/selectors and Boyd is pulled aside, I do not see us winning the next 2 games.

Wonder if Lodge, TPJ and Oates able to mandate something in their contracts that they do not want to sign if Boyd is part of the team starting now.

It is pathetic to watch a Broncos team play like the way they're. Absolute diabolical. No words can describe us fans feelings. Utter disgust and disbelief.

Last edited:
Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
something in the pit of my gut
It’s called hope.
[automerge]1561918997[/automerge]
Kevvie might feel sorry for us and pick DB to replace Ponga. Then again you can’t wipe the smile from his dial watching the side he missed out coaching going down the gurgler.... Sigh!

Last edited:
heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
The club can't sit around and watch the place burn. I love this club with everything I have. But its club not players i love. If they don't play the game with respect for the jersey I am done with them.

Boyd is done and so is Macca. I am fed up with them. Wayne had a chance to improve our side and he didn't do what needed doing. Seibs has his chance and if he can't pull the plug by next season i will start questioning him also.

nathano11

nathano11

NYC Player
Jun 14, 2010
Rothfield on 360 saying Boyd would of been dropped to reserve grade if it wasn’t for Origin this weekend. Needs a blinder to stay in the side the following week he said he has been told

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Rothfield on 360 saying Boyd would of been dropped to reserve grade if it wasn’t for Origin this weekend. Needs a blinder to stay in the side the following week he said he has been told
I would still drop him anyway. He is an embarrassment to the club. When Glenn is fit he should be made captain in the short term. Boyd is cooked time to bite the bullet. Dont care who we put as fullback.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
A poor leader is far worse than no leader. He won't just let the team down, he'll drag it down with him.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The problem is, you only really have Glenn and Bitd who are legitimate captaincy options now (not talking about the future) and both are out injured.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If the rumours are true (I hope they are) we'll need a new captain soon.

I can't see a better option than Glenn. No one in our top 30 has been a better example on and off the field and while I think Macca is a good bloke he's hopefully on the same exit train as Darius.

Give it to Glenn, re-sign him for a year, reassess end of next year.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Glenn can captain for his final year before retirement then one of Lodge and Bird can take over from him if one or both of them are still here.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I just can't see Lodge as a captain. Of the group we have here Glenn, Gill and Milf are the only legitimate options I think

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Glenn for me. He has been captain, plus he appears to be very popular with the playing group and somebody that they would follow.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I could totally see this team turning a corner under Glenn. I always felt he should have succeeded Parker anyway.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Tim K
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • broncotville
  • Midean
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.