Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milfords not going anywhere.
I presume you're talking about for 2021, in which case you're correct.

I'd say his future beyond 2021 is far from certain though and the ball is now in his court to show he has what it takes to be retained beyond that.

I presume you're talking about for 2021, in which case you're correct.

I'd say his future beyond 2021 is far from certain though and the ball is now in his court to show he has what it takes to be retained beyond that.
And I have the utmost confidence that when he has a decent coach he will revert to being a game winner like he has under his two previous competent coaches.

Big Pete just fucked up on this one. Hard for his fan boys to accept and BP is now a bit stuck. His argument is pure drivel and most of us can see Kennar as very reasonable money spent. BP has painted himself into a corner with his ridiculous initial assertion and now there's no way out without losing some credibility. He could save a little face by simply saying ' I've had a bit of time to think about it and listened to some good arguments and I've reconsidered my view '.

Non-sense, this isn't you on most topics, being rude and condescending. Pete is entitled to his opinion and has expressed it respectfully.

Non-sense, this isn't you on most topics, being rude and condescending. Pete is entitled to his opinion and has expressed it respectfully.
The insecurity dripping from his comments about Pete having “fan boys” because people have stated they appreciate the effort he goes to in his posts. Has Huge always been this narcissistic character or is he really going off the deep end lately? I’m really starting to feel like it’s a carefully orchestrated troll account.

The insecurity dripping from his comments about Pete having “fan boys” because people have stated they appreciate the effort he goes to in his posts. Has Huge always been this narcissistic character or is he really going off the deep end lately? I’m really starting to feel like it’s a carefully orchestrated troll account.
He’s been cultivating a persona for 12.5 years and 9k posts purely to troll people, seems plausible

I have to say, this is a level of cynicism from you that is surprising to see. At full strength, Kennar doesn't make the 17, and we always need depth for every position, including the wing. How is it a bad signing if he's on the cheap? Would your opinion change if and when we hear Oates is either on the outer or a full time second rower? Take him out of the picture entirely and our winger stocks suddenly start to look real thin, and I can't think of any better options off the top of my head that we could pick up on the open market in 2021.
If he does end up in the second row, maybe his Father in Law will give him some pointers

And I have the utmost confidence that when he has a decent coach he will revert to being a game winner like he has under his two previous competent coaches.
Being confident in him playing better footy is one thing, but saying he's going nowhere is another. His likelihood of staying on at the Broncos isn't just a matter of him playing better football. There are a fair few variables which could still affect that outcome one way or another and simply playing better footy won't solve them all.

Last edited:
Being confident in him playing better footy is one thing, but saying he's going nowhere is another. His likelihood of staying on at the Broncos isn't just a matter of him playing better football. There are a fair few variables which could still affect that outcome one way or another and simply playing better footy won't solve them all.
That's fair but if he's playing good enough footy for us to want to keep him I'd have to say odds are in favour of him staying. He chose to be here so he could live with family, turning down a big big offer and intense pressure from the Raiders to come home.

Exactly right. I'm stating the obvious here, but absolutely make or break this year for the much maligned (and justifiably so) Milf. Can Ken unlock the undeniable talent that has lay dormant for so long, or, will he fail in the same way Seibold, and WB to some extent did, to finding that answer to understanding just what it is that makes this mysterious man tick.

I think Milf will be loathe to leave Brisbane due to having a young family and the support network he has here. He may have no choice in the end decision, but he can certainly influence the decision that is to be made by putting in 100% effort, working on getting to peak fitness, and hopefully getting rid of those niggling little injuries he often seems to experience.

I'm sure having Kev by his side each day will have a big impact on his mindset and attitude, and hopefully a LOT more stability next year in terms of position and halves partner will go a long way to providing him with the confidence he so obviously lacks at times.

I think we all want him to succeed, as we have seen what he can bring to the playing field when at his best, as per 2015. You can only give a guy so many chances though, especially when they are being paid elite level salaries. We will all know the answer about a quarter of the way through season 2021 I reckon.

Last edited:
That's fair but if he's playing good enough footy for us to want to keep him I'd have to say odds are in favour of him staying. He chose to be here so he could live with family, turning down a big big offer and intense pressure from the Raiders to come home.

That's why I see him staying, if he does perform next year. I think he would take a pay cut, closer to his actual worth if he was playing consistently well.

Exactly right. I'm stating the obvious here, but absolutely make or break this year for the much maligned (and justifiably so) Milf. Can Ken unlock the undeniable talent that has lay dormant for so long, or, will he fail in the same way Seibold, and WB to some extent did, to finding that answer to understanding just what it is that makes this mysterious man tick.

I think Milf will be loathe to leave Brisbane due to having a young family and the support network he has here. He may have no choice in the end decision, but he can certainly influence the decision that is to be made by putting in 100% effort, working on getting to peak fitness, and hopefully getting rid of those niggling little injuries he often seems to experience.

I'm sure having Kev by his side each day will have a big impact on his mindset and attitude, and hopefully a LOT more stability next year in terms of position and halves partner will go a long way to providing him with the confidence he so obviously lacks at times.

I think we all want him to succeed, as we have seen what he can bring to the playing field when at his best, as per 2015. You can only give a guy so many chances though, especially when they are being paid elite level salaries. We will all know the answer about a quarter of the way through season 2021 I reckon.

One little thing, people talk about him playing like he did in 2015. I want him playing like he did the first half of 2016, he was even better then.

Anyone know if Kev sees Milf and Dearden as the preferred halves pairing? Does he have a high opinion of Dearden?

@Huge i know you say you are having a blast, but it seems to me you are going through something mate. Don’t discount it, please. And to others, something’s changed this year in terms of the extremity of his posts. Better to be concerned than simply slinging mud.
I dunno, as we spend more time online and especially around the same group of people it's somewhat natural to think we'd start to lean harder into our online personas (personae?). The more I think about it the more it makes sense, if we merely play the same character over and over again it loses its edge so we need to resort to ever more outlandish cavorting to still maintain the audience's interest.

We all play a role or caricature our offline selves here at some point to a varying degree. Broncsgoat for example has slowly cast himself (with help from a very supportive cast and crew) as our very own modern-day Galileo, pilloried by all and sundry for daring to speak an unpalatable truth. And although I have always tried to appear more handsome, knowledgeable and interesting on this site than I really am, this year interest was was waning so I had to really dial it up to eleven and just be super good-looking, fiercely intelligent and exceptionally humble just to retain my cherished spot as the forum's best poster and #1 most admired intellectual (sorry Pete, but as Hodgo said to Buderus: "there's no shame in being number two to an all-time great").

Similarly Huge has long established himself as the boring arrogant pedant within the group but now he's dialled it up a notch or ten and boy howdy it's working. Merely jumping on spelling mistakes and bad-grammer-using is old hat, a real yawn, but look at the blockbuster reception "Paul Gallen isn't really a drug cheat and you're all too stupid to understand it" got. No, the old boy is trucking along just fine in my estimation and I can only wonder what he's got up his sleeve for next week.

For reals though Huge, if you're going a bit bananas cooped up in a quarantine hotel out the arse end of nowhere just sing out. I've been looking for a new scrabble partner since my previous friend-cum-sparring-partner grew weary of my perspicacity and tired of my unrivalled grandiloquence.

Hmmm. Okay. I might have to go back 18 months and re read all my posts. I suppose it's possible to be head fucked and not know it.

@Huge i know you say you are having a blast, but it seems to me you are going through something mate. Don’t discount it, please. And to others, something’s changed this year in terms of the extremity of his posts. Better to be concerned than simply slinging mud.
Noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Painin the Haas
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • sooticus
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fitzy
  • The True King
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Dee
  • heartly87
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.