Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't he coming back from an anckl injury?
And not in good form

Last edited:
If we're chasing a destructive edge forward for I'd be tempted to have a crack at Talakai from the Sharks.

Probably pick him up for much cheaper than Su'A and given he's stuck behind Nikora/Graham I think we could tempt him with a starting spot and get him a year early.

Sharks are desperately trying to free up cap room by offering Moylan around and have other priorities with SJ injury. Only issue is they may be promising him Dugan's centre spot long term but even still I doubt they'd be able to offer more than we could.

Last edited:
Wasn't he coming back from an anckl injury?
And not in good form
I think everyone knew he would get better the longer he had to get over the injury but it wasn't a good sign how badly he came back from injury. Seibold actually kept him in the 17 long after the vast majority of people ok here were calling for him to be dropped.
It also looked like that ankle injury was potentially career defining, his lateral movement in defence was shocking and he put on a tonne of weight...

From memory a lot of members were happy to see him go at the time.

I was.

All credit to Allen for the resurgence but I still don't know how much cash we'd need to throw at him to lure him back. In my opinion there's definitely a risk that he is being made look far better due to the quality of Reynolds and Walker. In what I've seen of the Rabbits lately Walker seems to be playing a much bigger hand than he was previously this season and many of the plays he's in the FB type role.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him back but I just worry he might not be the right fit for our spine and we'd be paying a premium for it.

Edit: just realised the discussion was about Su'A... it's late, my bad. Carry on.

Last edited:
I think at the time the Broncs still had Fifita and pretty much couldn't be less worried about 2nd row stocks because of that.

Nah I disagree almost totally with this post and that is unusual with you my man.

Kennar is not a gun, no one is saying he is. However, you need depth and he has shown that he is decent depth. Should he be starting? Heck no but these are the times we live in thanks to the previous coach's roster mess.

Kennar put in every game he played, that deserves recognition. I would prefer him over a Joffa any day of the week because while he is very limited, he never took a backward step, not once and he is on peanuts.

He is the kind of background signing you need to make while trying to attract the stars that are very much needed for this side.

This squad has very little plug and play depth and Kennar is exactly that, a kind of break glass in emergency kind of depth signing who costs the club next to nothing but actually provides something in the depth department.

I dont mind the depth signings, and I think Kennar has done fairly well, but a 2 year deal is madness.

Cheap bottom dollar backline

1. Edene Gebbie
2. Jon Reuben
3. BJ Aufauga Toomaga
4. Marion Seve
5. Gideon Mosby
6. Lachlan Lam
7. Tanah Boyd

If we had these players as depth, I'd be stoked
Gebbie has all the talent in the world but is a notoriously lazy trainer. Even Wayne couldn't manage him

I dont mind the depth signings, and I think Kennar has done fairly well, but a 2 year deal is madness.
Exactly. Look, it's not likely to cripple us or anything like that, but it's frankly showing a lack of ambition and it honestly has slim to zero chance of having any reasonable upside for the club.

Last edited:
Gebbie has all the talent in the world but is a notoriously lazy trainer. Even Wayne couldn't manage him

Hmmm some guys are so good they can just go out there and play. Justin Hodges and Jarryd Hayne are two notable ones. Bennett knew Hodges was capable of playing no matter what goes on during the week. It's not like Gebbie has fitness issues. He does come from a different culture too. I'd love to sign him and give him a shot on the wing.

Hmmm some guys are so good they can just go out there and play. Justin Hodges and Jarryd Hayne are two notable ones. Bennett knew Hodges was capable of playing no matter what goes on during the week. It's not like Gebbie has fitness issues. He does come from a different culture too. I'd love to sign him and give him a shot on the wing.
I understand your point, but...

You lost all credibility when you had the audacity to compare Hayne to Hodges.

Compounded by the fact one was a gifted athlete with a poor attitude that would notoriously float in and out of games, whilst the other was a tenacious prick who fought for every inch when he crossed the white line.

Not a great comparison to make, particularly on a Broncos forum 🤣

I understand your point, but...

You lost all credibility when you had the audacity to compare Hayne to Hodges.

Compounded by the fact one was a gifted athlete with a poor attitude that would notoriously float in and out of games, whilst the other was a tenacious prick who fought for every inch when he crossed the white line.

Not a great comparison to make, particularly on a Broncos forum 🤣

Lol.. Or you could just understand the point I was making and forget the semantics. All 3 players named are completely different, they just may have something in common when it comes to training. They don't really like it. They prefer to play.

Last edited:
Jarryd Hayne?

raw

I think we tried this approach with Roberts and it didn't play out too well.

I think players like Langer, Hodges etc are exceptions rather than norms. Not every loose cannon who shows some ability is going to be become a superstar if they're just handled a bit differently to everyone else. They're just not professional enough and it would be hard to count on those players when your arse is to the fire in a tight game.

Lol.. Or you could just understand the point I was making and forget the semantics. All 3 players named are completely different, they just may have something in common when it comes to training. They don't really like it. They prefer to play.
I wouldn’t call it semantics, but regardless, it’s clear you didn’t understand the point I was making.

I can’t imagine there would be too many Broncos supporters in favour of likening Hayne to Hodges in any way, being that Hayne is an absolute germ and Hodges is a fan-favourite.

I think we tried this approach with Roberts and it didn't play out too well.

I think players like Langer, Hodges etc are exceptions rather than norms. Not every loose cannon who shows some ability is going to be become a superstar if they're just handled a bit differently to everyone else. They're just not professional enough and it would be hard to count on those players when your arse is to the fire in a tight game.

Well, I think Gebbie is worth persisting with or at least testing in NRL. At least give him a shot. I won't be surprised to see him in a Storm jersey some day soon. He'd be a great replacement for Addo Carr. Gebbie and Olam would be a mean combo.

I wouldn’t call it semantics, but regardless, it’s clear you didn’t understand the point I was making.

I can’t imagine there would be too many Broncos supporters in favour of likening Hayne to Hodges in any way, being that Hayne is an absolute germ and Hodges is a fan-favourite.

Yeah it's okay. I don't post on here to please everyone. I was only referring to one aspect of them. Hayne could be shit at training all year and still win Dally M

Well, I think Gebbie is worth persisting with or at least testing in NRL. At least give him a shot. I won't be surprised to see him in a Storm jersey some day soon. He'd be a great replacement for Addo Carr. Gebbie and Olam would be a mean combo.
From what I've seen of Gebbie in QRL he looks very good, but if his will can't be corralled then it's a moot point. It's upto Gebbie on whether he wants to make it, he certainly has the ability.

Last edited:
From what I've seen of Gebbie in QRL he looks very good, but if his will can't be corralled then it's a moot point. It's upto Gebbie on whether he wants to make it, he certainly has the ability.

Lets see how motivated Gebbie gets if he gets given an NRL jersey and some belief. I think he went back to PNG to be with his family when COVID broke out.. So that's probably why he hasn't played this year.. I'm not 100% on that though. You don't need your wingers to be the most switched on in the team anyway. He just needs to want to play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.