Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours are that Hodgson is currently on 800k p/yr and sounds like he would want a pay rise + extension (assuming 3yrs) to move to Brisbane.
I don't rate him enough to think he is worth 800k and I also believe he only has a good year or two left at NRL level.
I'd be happy if we could snag him for 600-700k, but doesn't sound likely.

I read somewhere it was 650k a year ... but if he want 800k, then pass ... if he wants a pay rise on top of that then:

unnamed.jpg

Finucane is exactly the type of player we should be signing
We need leadership badly in the forwards and someone who could actually teach the younger players both on and off the field how to act accordingly. 800k is over yes but we need to start somewhere and atleast we would know he would give you 110% every week and fully commit to the team first. Players aren’t taking paycuts to join the reigning wooden spooners fellas
Time to live in reality

Don't like the idea of Niko partnering with AR. They're both small in stature, although AR is sound in defence, Niko not so much. Big boppers can just run over the top of Niko. AR works better with a bigger ball running half like a John Sutton type.

Don't like the idea of Niko partnering with AR. They're both small in stature, although AR is sound in defence, Niko not so much. Big boppers can just run over the top of Niko. AR works better with a bigger ball running half like a John Sutton type.
Nah I disagree I love the idea of it. Possibly best option for output for input if you know what I mean. After SJ he’s best half on the market and is way cheaper, younger and less injury prone. Also he actually wants to be here according to reports. To me the size factor means shit all if there on opposite edges, it’s not like there inside/outside of each other

Who says the other options has to be currently playing in the NRL?

Niko is still the same old Niko that we had to endure at the Broncos. I would be giving Blake Austin a call before Niko. He's doing well in England. Good, strong running game, better kicking game, better defensively and with one of the best halfbacks in the game next to him, all he would have to worry about is just playing what's in front of him.

There's a few other players I would go with before Niko. We spent years trying to turn Milford into a halfback and it's ruined him. I would be very interested to see how he goes with Reynolds next to him.

If Niko wants to play fullback, I would consider bringing him back. That's a role that's better suited for him.

Austin has barely played in half the games for Warrington this year and he's been fairly ordinary. He is on the decline in a big way, his form isnt great and the Wolves have told him he is free to leave and have been shopping him around to other clubs. We would be crazy to be looking at him, absolutely crazy.

Niko to impact bench hooker, turpin as tackle bot for first 30? Doubt we are solid for Hodgson.

Niko to impact bench hooker, turpin as tackle bot for first 30? Doubt we are solid for Hodgson.
Or niko as a fucken half in which we need. Just a logical thought that may make sense instead of forcing something unnecessary

I don't think Finucane is one of those guys that just gets carried by the Storm because I thought he was a really quality player at the Dogs too. No way is he worth anywhere near 800K though.

Gagai, Reynolds, Hodgson, Finucane, it would screw the cap again but it would give us the leadership team we desperately need.

I think people are forgetting how often this happened in 2018, especially on the try line.

I don't think Finucane is one of those guys that just gets carried by the Storm because I thought he was a really quality player at the Dogs too. No way is he worth anywhere near 800K though.
He’s priced himself out of the market, not only in money but in the number of years he’s after as well.

Knik will be subsidised and we really are his only option, so he'll be cheap and at worst provides depth at fullback, halves and hooker. I'd happily take him.
I still don't think he will leave the Warriors.

Why would he settle for being a back up option or utility when he's first choice over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.