Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
In all seriousness, Lodge would be great for the Dogs.
They can't afford Lodge when they've spent almost $2m on possible fullbacks in JAC, Allan, Cotric, etc. If DWZ was $800k they must be paying $600k for him to be playing elsewhere next year.... They are way more fucked than us I think

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
They can't afford Lodge when they've spent almost $2m on possible fullbacks in JAC, Allan, Cotric, etc. If DWZ was $800k they must be paying $600k for him to be playing elsewhere next year.... They are way more fucked than us I think
No one is more fucked than us

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Name one.

The only way Hodgson & Reynolds work at 7 & 9 is if we have elite runners of the ball at 6 & 1. That's what Nikorima is. He's an elite running half who has also significantly improved other areas of his game as well in the last couple of years.

The other options are what.. Shaun Johnson, Corey Norman & Ash Taylor? None of those guys have the running game of Nikorima. I would've said Johnson a couple of years ago, but coming off the Achilles injury & bad ankle injuries, he's nowhere near the same level of runner, he's more of a game manager now.

Nikorima (27) - 13 games - 3 tries, 7 linebreaks, 24 tackle busts, 78 running metres per game
Norman (30)- 13 games, 1 try, 2 linebreaks, 18 tackle busts, 91 running metres per game
Johnson (30) - 6 games - 1 try, 0 linebreaks, 9 tackle busts, 64 running metres per game
Taylor (26) - 8 games - 0 tries, 1 linebreak, 5 tackle busts, 48 running metres per game

Seems obvious to me who would be the best pairing with Reynolds & Hodgson.

Who says the other options has to be currently playing in the NRL?

Niko is still the same old Niko that we had to endure at the Broncos. I would be giving Blake Austin a call before Niko. He's doing well in England. Good, strong running game, better kicking game, better defensively and with one of the best halfbacks in the game next to him, all he would have to worry about is just playing what's in front of him.

There's a few other players I would go with before Niko. We spent years trying to turn Milford into a halfback and it's ruined him. I would be very interested to see how he goes with Reynolds next to him.

If Niko wants to play fullback, I would consider bringing him back. That's a role that's better suited for him.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
After last nights game I don’t think anyone we might want to offload will be to keen to go to the tigers.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Who says the other options has to be currently playing in the NRL?

Niko is still the same old Niko that we had to endure at the Broncos. I would be giving Blake Austin a call before Niko. He's doing well in England. Good, strong running game, better kicking game, better defensively and with one of the best halfbacks in the game next to him, all he would have to worry about is just playing what's in front of him.

There's a few other players I would go with before Niko. We spent years trying to turn Milford into a halfback and it's ruined him. I would be very interested to see how he goes with Reynolds next to him.

If Niko wants to play fullback, I would consider bringing him back. That's a role that's better suited for him.

If Nikorima played in England he'd win the Man of Steel. I have no interest in bringing back a guy that was declining when he left Australia several years ago. Nikorima is better in every aspect.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If Nikorima played in England he'd win the Man of Steel. I have no interest in bringing back a guy that was declining when he left Australia several years ago. Nikorima is better in every aspect.

Nikorima is quicker. That’s about it.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Niko would be a good option to partner Reynolds.
But, I believe he has taken up his option for 2022 with the Warriors.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I wonder if Michael Maguire would make a good assistant coach. Seems increasingly unlikely he’ll have a job next year.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Nikorima is quicker. That’s about it.

Better personality, more elusive, calmer under pressure and a former player of the club. You are selling him a big short. He’s also much better than when he left, at least he was when I stopped watching league 2 months ago.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I wonder if Michael Maguire would make a good assistant coach. Seems increasingly unlikely he’ll have a job next year.

I get the feeling he’s suited to a Corvo type role these days, that’s it. And I’d prefer Corvo.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Niko would be a good option to partner Reynolds.
But, I believe he has taken up his option for 2022 with the Warriors.
He has but he has since indicated he wants to return to Brisbane. To quote him, “contracts don’t mean much these days”.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Better personality, more elusive, calmer under pressure and a former player of the club. You are selling him a big short. He’s also much better than when he left, at least he was when I stopped watching league 2 months ago.

Don't let the way Austin looks fool you. Personality is not an issue when it comes to him, though personality doesn't mean much.

More elusive? It seems people don't remember much about Austin. But Niko is probably a bit more elusive because he is quicker, though Austin counteracts that by being a stronger runner.

Calmer under pressure? This is why we have Reynolds. That's not going to matter with him and Hodgson in the side.

Better than what he was? Maybe a slight improvement in a couple of areas. But he's not playing in the same side as he was with the Broncos. He's playing in a side that's more suited to his style of play.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Lodge is tired of being dicked around:

“It changes every week or two. I‘m confused by it all."

“I‘m trying to put my head to one side and play through it. I’ve had a few meetings with them now. One minute, I’m staying. Then they tell me I’m going. Then I’m staying again. Then I’m going again. It‘s up to them now, they need to make up their minds.”

“I’m just waiting for a tap on the shoulder to be honest. I find it hard answering questions because I don’t know where I stand with the Broncos."

“It’s on-and-off, on-and-off, so it’s just distracting. I’m trying to compete hard for the club but I have no idea when it’s all over. I can handle the fallout alright, but someone like Tevita, he would know the club doesn’t want him and you can feel it out there on the field."

“It’s a physical game, you have to have your head in the game and unless you are pretty mentally strong, it’s hard to compete out there for a club that doesn’t want you.”

“I do know a bloke at the Warriors. (Warriors recruitment chief Peter O’Sullivan is the father of Lodge’s partner Jessica). I’ve loved playing at the Broncos, Suncorp is the best ground to play in the world to be honest and I’m enjoying it while it lasts. But I want to play for someone who wants me to play for them. Wherever that is, I will give 100 per cent for that club.”

McHunt

That quote and frustration ignores the fact that the deal was done two weeks ago and his management wanted more money from the Knights and Broncos so it all came to a stop again.

Be frustrated with your manager too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • eggstar10
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.