Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

If Walters backs up last game with a few more stinkers like that, Mozer might get a chance sooner rather than later. I'm backing Billy to bounce back though.
In about 40 minutes mozer dropped the ball 3 times in cup on the weekend. He's not making the first grade side anytime soon.

I can't believe people are still going down the "blood the rookie or we will lose him" route of thinking. Seriously?

2019-2020 that's EXACTLY what we caved into and did. What was the result? We "won" a wooden spoon and "lost" all the mercenaries anyway (Coates, fifita and to a lesser extent dearden (he needed to leave due to the scarring anyway bcos of being blooded too early)).

It's loser/bottom tier mentality. We lose them bcos our side is doing well and they can't make the side? Who gives a ****! Cya later, next.

Unfortunately Uncle Nick does not give a shit about that... he'd probably see it as taking a top player away from a competitor weakening that team and then knowing he can get rid of that contract if it ever goes tits up... the player lands on the scrap heap, but Uncle Nick doesn't care and just moves onto the next.

Hopefully in this case his player manager is actually looking out for Selwyn.
Manu on his way out With Sualii, Keary under a head knock cloud so could clear up more space in their cap. I can see this being a realistic move sadly.

I can't believe people are still going down the "blood the rookie or we will lose him" route of thinking. Seriously?

2019-2020 that's EXACTLY what we caved into and did. What was the result? We "won" a wooden spoon and "lost" all the mercenaries anyway (Coates, fifita and to a lesser extent dearden (he needed to leave due to the scarring anyway bcos of being blooded too early)).

It's loser/bottom tier mentality. We lose them bcos our side is doing well and they can't make the side? Who gives a ****! Cya later, next.

I dont even get why there is such clamour for a player who hasnt looked remotely ready yet.

I dont even get why there is such clamour for a player who hasnt looked remotely ready yet.
its because there was a media report that called him "SMITH CLONE" just like Dearden was a "LANGER CLONE" and Tesi Niu "The most exciting Queensland Prospect in decades".

Gets all the fanboys excited despite none of them actually achieving anything yet.

Manu on his way out With Sualii, Keary under a head knock cloud so could clear up more space in their cap. I can see this being a realistic move sadly.
Can definitely see it as a realistic move that rorters will try to make happen, but I can see it ending in tears and would hope he gets really good advice before a decision is made... talk to someone like Hodgo who made the move, someone like Renouf who's from the area and very experienced, etc. Maybe even someone like Latrell who was at rorters from Taree and moved on.

In saying that I'd say Selwyn is our primary retention target for the outside backs... he's taking to left centre extremely well and is potentially already showing more promise in the centres than Staggs.

I try to think of who is a stud outside back that suits rorters 'body types' and I can't think of too many.

- Lomax is a definite rorters target I'd say
- Herbie would've been a Manu clone for them, but he's signed up now.
- Crichton would be a rorters special, but he's spoken for
- Maybe someone like Rocco Berry, but he hasn't kicked on to elevate to a higher tier players that rorters vulture from other clubs
- There's others like Kiraz, Taulagi, etc. but not sure if they're only wingers
- Some high potential players that are more a Michael Jennings shape would be Pensini, Timoko, Koula, etc. but that's not really what rorters have been picking recently

I haven't looked at the contract situations for some of the ones above, just more so potential, being in Sydney/NSW and/or potentially seeing rorters as an upgrade on their current team.

I'd say Lomax is a definite target for them as he ticks a number of boxes... he's also someone that could fill in at fullback mid-game i.e. Manu replacement.

They've already signed the wallabies winger, but that leaves another centre being needed.

It's also probably a reflection of the slow start Walters and Smoothy have made this year. Not to say either have been terrible, but they haven't picked up where they've left off and fans are just looking for ways the team can be improved and I think there's a few who would happily have Mozer on the bench to continue his development.

I don't think they'll have to wait too long. It won't be a permanent move, but I expect Mozer will get some more NRL experience before the year is through - now Wolfie and Santa can learn a thing or two about bold predictions.

It's a similar story with Dearden. Brisbane didn't have a halfback when Tom was given an opportunity. The fault lies just as much on recruitment and Nikorima as it does on the decision to blood Tom.

It's also probably a reflection of the slow start Walters and Smoothy have made this year. Not to say either have been terrible, but they haven't picked up where they've left off and fans are just looking for ways the team can be improved and I think there's a few who would happily have Mozer on the bench to continue his development.

I don't think they'll have to wait too long. It won't be a permanent move, but I expect Mozer will get some more NRL experience before the year is through - now Wolfie and Santa can learn a thing or two about bold predictions.

It's a similar story with Dearden. Brisbane didn't have a halfback when Tom was given an opportunity. The fault lies just as much on recruitment and Nikorima as it does on the decision to blood Tom.

Is that really that bold?

Is that really that bold?

Apparently so. I mean this is just my opinion but I would rather carry Mozer on the bench for 20 minute cameos just to develop him than persist with the mediocre crap Smoothy is delivering. And lets not pretend it's a recent development with him either, he was bog average much of last year as well.

Apparently so. I mean this is just my opinion but I would rather carry Mozer on the bench for 20 minute cameos just to develop him than persist with the mediocre crap Smoothy is delivering. And lets not pretend it's a recent development with him either, he was bog average much of last year as well.

I'm sure Mozer will get some gametime, but its only 2 games in and we are still finding out feet a little bit. Blake needs some time in Qcup imo. Its not like Mozer has been kicking the door down to demand selection

Can definitely see it as a realistic move that rorters will try to make happen, but I can see it ending in tears and would hope he gets really good advice before a decision is made... talk to someone like Hodgo who made the move, someone like Renouf who's from the area and very experienced, etc. Maybe even someone like Latrell who was at rorters from Taree and moved on.

In saying that I'd say Selwyn is our primary retention target for the outside backs... he's taking to left centre extremely well and is potentially already showing more promise in the centres than Staggs.

I try to think of who is a stud outside back that suits rorters 'body types' and I can't think of too many.

- Maybe someone like Rocco Berry, but he hasn't kicked on to elevate to a higher tier players that rorters vulture from other clubs
- Some high potential players that are more a Michael Jennings shape would be Pensini, Timoko, Koula, etc. but that's not really what rorters have been picking recently

I haven't looked at the contract situations for some of the ones above, just more so potential, being in Sydney/NSW and/or potentially seeing rorters as an upgrade on their current team.

I'd say Lomax is a definite target for them as he ticks a number of boxes... he's also someone that could fill in at fullback mid-game i.e. Manu replacement.

They've already signed the wallabies winger, but that leaves another centre being needed.
If the Roosters were smart they'd throw their "allegedly" extra coin at their spine. Honestly, imagine our spine with that forward pack and outside backs. Ours are great but their depth is INSANE. The starters are even but to have Terrell may, JWH and/or leinu off the bench with Angus Crichton is fuvking insane. Crichton not even making the top 17 at the moment.
Their spine is putrid despite the media hype. I'm sorry but even in that game against us tedesco is so over rated. Everyone knows he will dance around for 2 mins before wasting a backline movement 9/10. Yes he gets a highlight play once or twice most games but he blows far, far more opportunities for his team. Then Keary is not the player he was, walker is the most over rated junior I've seen in years with his predictable long ball, decent-ish short kicking and SHOCKING defence the only consistent components in his game. Then Brandon "i think im funny but no one else does" smith, is good for 20 mins from dummy half.
Great during the season but won't win a premiership with that spine unless they do an absolute Steven Bradbury on the nrl.

What could work in our favour regarding the fullback spot and them offing it to lure Cobbo is Melbourne have Papenhazen but also have that kid that played against us last year coming through.
Mariner could also be a target for them

11012904_10153500896404453_9207601866486716223_n.jpg

If Walters backs up last game with a few more stinkers like that, Mozer might get a chance sooner rather than later. I'm backing Billy to bounce back though.

WTF did he do wrong ?
Miss tackles that lead to tries ? No
Throw forward passes ? No
Give away multiple penalties ? No

Look stupid when the forwards or Reynolds didn`t call for the ball ? Yes . [Not his fault .]
Run from dummy half without support ? Yes . [But that`s every game .]

They have Billy Smith .
He is a gun left centre .

I swear they were talking about Taylan May on one of the shows I watch or listen to a few weeks back. His brother is already there...could be a decent carrot.

Beyond that, I'm aboard the Lomax train.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.