Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Who has done that?
The warriors have just signed james fisher Harris to replace AFB. Tbf, they had a quiet off season signing a dally m medal winning fullback and origin 2nd rower after their best season in over a decade which would have led to upgrades. Seems right....

The warriors have just signed james fisher Harris to replace AFB. Tbf, they had a quiet off season signing a dally m medal winning fullback and origin 2nd rower after their best season in over a decade which would have led to upgrades. Seems right....

I don't know, seems about right to me. JFH for AFB seems about like for like, and for next year as well.

They did well getting RTS and Capes (questionable looking deal now) this year, but we did the same with Walsh last year and Reynolds the year before. It's just this year we didn't have a big signing, but that's largely because the focus was on upgrades, and rightly so.

Unfortunately we had a bunch of generational talent, and had to cut our losses. If you look at our final against them last year it's pretty obvious we were a class above, so it's not exactly like comparing apples to apples, is it? Maybe in a year or two, with continued improvement, they'll be in the same boat as us. Which, by the way, isn't exactly sinking...

Probably lucky we locked Payne up early with JFH at the Warriors next year but you couldn't imagine Penrith would be able to fit Payne in the cap.
Willison is someone I think they might go for even Jensen.

I don't know, seems about right to me. JFH for AFB seems about like for like, and for next year as well.

They did well getting RTS and Capes (questionable looking deal now) this year, but we did the same with Walsh last year and Reynolds the year before. It's just this year we didn't have a big signing, but that's largely because the focus was on upgrades, and rightly so.

Unfortunately we had a bunch of generational talent, and had to cut our losses. If you look at our final against them last year it's pretty obvious we were a class above, so it's not exactly like comparing apples to apples, is it? Maybe in a year or two, with continued improvement, they'll be in the same boat as us. Which, by the way, isn't exactly sinking...
Wait a sec... you're telling me they signed RTS and capewell for $400,000 combined this year? Because that was Walsh's contract. Since we got Reynolds we have let go of:
Paliasia, flegler, herbie and capewell last year, we lost Milford, Coates, isaako and literally DOZENS of overpaid players since then. They've lost nikorima for shaun Johnson, Sean osullivan for te maire Martin, chad townsend for metcalfe, the list goes on and on and on. They didn't just replace them with like for like, they IMPROVED each one, players who would have multiple offers from other clubs at the time. We got baker and jaiyden hunt ffs. On top of that they made the preliminary last year, so your argument that we needed to upgrade players is mute when you think, um, they didn't?

Fat load of good Natalie Gruzlewski is going to do for us.. when are signing a male back rower FFS 😤
IMG 8916

Wait a sec... you're telling me they signed RTS and capewell for $400,000 combined this year? Because that was Walsh's contract.

I didn't say that Walsh's contact was equivalent to what they paid RTS and Capewell; I suspect you are being purposely obtuse, because I'm confident that you are more than capable of comprehending what I wrote.

My point is that we are in different points of the recruitment cycle. We recruited Reece last year through opportunity, and Reynolds and Capewell the year before through need, paying well for both of them - and, by your argument, they were an upgrade on what we had.

This year we clearly still have a chunk of change spare, given the TPJ links, but we choose not to make a splash because management obviously thought we had no glaring holes.

Since we got Reynolds we have let go of:
Paliasia, flegler, herbie and capewell last year, we lost Milford, Coates, isaako and literally DOZENS of overpaid players since then.

Dozens? Were Coates, Isaako, Niu and Turpin on big money? Lodge and TPJ would have been better examples here. Granted Milford freed up a good amount of cap. Still, with our subsequent signings and the upgrades - based on their improvement - of players like Staggs, Carrigan, Haas, Cobbo, Mam, Walsh, Piakura, Riki, it's not really a surprise we're not hitting the free agent market hard. And honestly I think that's a good thing.

They've lost nikorima for shaun Johnson, Sean osullivan for te maire Martin, chad townsend for metcalfe, the list goes on and on and on. They didn't just replace them with like for like, they IMPROVED each one, players who would have multiple offers from other clubs at the time. We got baker and jaiyden hunt ffs.

Baker and Hunt are depth, which is all we wanted. If we'd wanted to improve on any of our players - which we didn't really need to - it would have cost us more than it did for the Warriors to improve on the likes of Sean O'Sullivan. Plus I imagine they got good deals on the likes of Johnson and Martin, and possibly even RTS - similar to how we ultimately made out well in the Walsh signing.

On top of that they made the preliminary last year, so your argument that we needed to upgrade players is mute when you think, um, they didn't?

Of course they would have had to, everybody does. And I'll admit that I'm not across the Warriors list in detail, but do they really have the situation of having a collection of exceptional young star players that they are trying to tie down? Did they have a Staggs-Cobbo-Farnworth situation? A Haas-Carrigan-Flegler situation? If so, I'm happy to be educated. But this was my point here - the gap in talent seemed evident in that final.

Anyway, I just think if you want to accuse a team of rorting the salary cap, there are probably better places to start than the Wahs.

Souths Va’a Semu extended until 27. NRL contract next year.

Been coming off the bench and trying hard but bench for Souths is a tough gig at the moment.

Big tall boy, which seems Broncos type now.

Burton is a bad example. The Panthers wanted to keep him, but the Bulldogs offered him big money to play 5/8. Burton was stuck behind Luai.

In fact the Bulldogs offered him the big money before he had his breakout season in the centres
I'm not saying we shouldn't want to keep Cobbo and Staggs. We should absolutely try. But if other clubs offer huge dollars we should wave goodbye, because if we start competing with cashed up clubs throwing "fullback money" at them, we will ruin our cap.
Dunno ?
They just signed Isaak Tago for 3 years on 3 million dollars . They must think he has some value ?

Burton signed on to the Dogs as a #6 and Crichton as a #1 . They are reasons to leave for more opportunities . Not the Panthers didn`t rate them .

When I see Selwyn Set up the winger, run the length or pick a ball up off his toes I see a strike player .
We saw what happened when Piakura played centre .
Tago was signed on around 750k/yr, not 1m/yr, IIRC. And that's about as high as I'd go for Cobbo, as he covers fullback and is very young. Staggs I'd be capping at about 550-600k. If other clubs offer them much higher, unfortunately they gotta go.

550 to 600k for Staggs is basically telling him to **** off in the current market.

It depends entirely on how your team plays on how your players are valued, for Penrith I would say it makes alot of sense for that side to spend big on their outside backs because that is the key area they kill every team in when it comes to workrate, which allows them to keep their forwards fresh and dominate the field position.

Just seen an ad for "TPJ fight promotions", looks like he is fighting 11th may, but not fully clear. He also didn't play for souths-logan so I'm assuming he's made his choice? Thank **** for that!

I'm guessing he will have a sudden "desire" to come back every time his fights are not popular, eg every fight

Just seen an ad for "TPJ fight promotions", looks like he is fighting 11th may, but not fully clear. He also didn't play for souths-logan so I'm assuming he's made his choice? Thank **** for that!

I'm guessing he will have a sudden "desire" to come back every time his fights are not popular, eg every fight

Donuts ;
Come train and trial this November and we`ll see what`s up in February Tevvy .
Other than that , have a nice life bruh .

Looks like Gosiewski will be on his way to us, the Cows have signed the Dogs player as the first part of the deal that was reported last week to make it happen.

Looks like Gosiewski will be on his way to us, the Cows have signed the Dogs player as the first part of the deal that was reported last week to make it happen.

Cowboys have already paid him for April, they won't let him go until next week.

I'm going to put this here, given it is the subject matter that inspired the below rant.

but it is a real shame to see how far down the clickbait and sensationalism rabbit hole Brent Read has fallen.

His article today talks about a player who still has 18 months to run on his contract, not to mention a player who there has been no suggestion that we are even chasing has driven "a stake through the heart of Brisbane Broncos fans" by "rejecting" us and not becoming Reynolds replacement.

then he gets quotes from Walker saying it is his intention to remain at the Roosters long term and that the Roosters are his home.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Fatboy
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Rowdy124
  • broncotville
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.