Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

We have Hunt, Baker and Gosiewski now as experiencedish depth

Ok so takes this what ever grain of salt you like. I don’t believe it but my mate has no reason to lie as he is a Broncos fan.
Apparently Mariner is going to the Dolphins next year? Can’t imagine as he’s under contract but the source is a family member to Mariner.

Ok so takes this what ever grain of salt you like. I don’t believe it but my mate has no reason to lie as he is a Broncos fan.
Apparently Mariner is going to the Dolphins next year? Can’t imagine as he’s under contract but the source is a family member to Mariner.

Not sure what your mate is smoking but he’s signed to 2027 and did so last year after The got in trouble for trying to poach him.

Obviously the "family member" is trying to stir your mate up with that one. So many holes to pick at.

They got in trouble for trying this a couple months before he was off contract last time. This is a couple YEARS. It would be the stupidest move I've ever seen in nrl history to go for it again given he's just signed a long contract with us. He's good but he ain't worth the extra 100,000s fine they'd get EXTRA just for the possibility of signing him. And you would envision the broncos would push to have the extra punishment put onto their cap for the blatant disregard the dolphins have for the nrl too. Also, WHY would he have re-signed. I know that gets said a lot when similar situations happen, but their wouldn't be the most short sighted re-signing by any player given its the exact same situation that is supposedly tempting him again haha...

Not sure what your mate is smoking but he’s signed to 2027 and did so last year after The got in trouble for trying to poach him.
That’s exactly what I thought but the mate who told me is an executive who works with a family member of Mariner. Just sharing the rumour.

Just checking— any chance this source whispered it 2 years ago?

Throwing this out there if nothing else but to fuel some discussion: I wonder the sort of unders a suddenly scorned player like Angus Crichton would take to stay with a premiership window team.

That`s one way to tell the incumbents we don`t rate you .
Yes the team is winning and we got to the GF last year but ,,,
We are going shopping for a rep 2nd rower . If I was Riki or Piakura I wouldn`t be stoked with the idea .

Sonny bill turning up to training on his last Roosters stint with a Rolls Royce Phantom with rego plates linked to a Politis owned Sydney dealership surely is enough evidence but lets please look the other way for no reason.

**** these ***** seriously.

Not in the salary cap .
3rd party sponsorship . The Broncos can do the same . Walshy could be driving a Lambo , but it doesn`t automatically mean the Broncos are cheating the cap .

I think your tin foil hat might need adjustment ?

His manager already got a slap on the wrist from the NRL for proposing a move last year .
You reckon he`s gonna double down now ?

Apart from the fact that Mariner is contracted to the Broncos for a while yet, I don't think that signing makes sense for Mariner or the Dolphins anymore.

not to mention that we refused to release him last time ... now he is first choice, we are even less likely to release him.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Locky24
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.