Bruno Cullen's last hoorah

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe then we will have the team in Darwin that we are oh so desperate for [icon_wink

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
But that's inevitable. It's nothing new. We (and every other club in the competition) have been going through that for years. What's your point?

You mean we and every other club EXCEPT MELBOURNE

Bannermania said:
Just seems like most of the people around here seem convinced they will be able to keep who they want regardless of the Inglis signing.. which won't be the case.

I disagree - most of us around here are pretty realistic and know that we won't be able to keep everyone. Even if we don't sign Inglis we will likely lose some players over the next few years anyway. What Bruno was saying is that any players we do lose won't be as a direct result of signing Inglis - if the players want to stay for what the club believes they are worth then they will be able to be re-signed.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think Bruno deserves a lot of the grief he gets.

Sure he's done some silly things, but he knows business and has helped us continue to be at the forefront of rugby league clubs. (Does that make sense?)

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
Jeba said:
But that's inevitable. It's nothing new. We (and every other club in the competition) have been going through that for years. What's your point?

You mean we and every other club EXCEPT MELBOURNE

Haha well played icon_thumbs_u

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
I really don't get all the Bruno hate. The man has done a pretty decent job IMO, he has overseen one of the biggest upheavals in broncos history (Bennet leaving) and at the end of his tenure he has resigned almost all of our good young prospects, brought Hannant back and maybe even delivered inglis as a parting gift. Credit where credit is due.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Jeba said:
Bannermania said:
Surely as your younger players get a bit wiser and older, they will expect larger contracts..

How can you retain everyone and please everyone with your cap being so tight?

This has been happening since the birth of the salary cap. And signing Inglis, or re-signing Thaiday, or whatever it is that audragon is pissed off about (I still have no idea) will not change that. Players will come and go, it's inevitable, you only have to look at the amount of players we have lost over the last few years as evidence of that.
Uhh??? Did I miss something? [icon_shru

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
simmo77 said:
I really don't get all the Bruno hate. The man has done a pretty decent job IMO, he has overseen one of the biggest upheavals in broncos history (Bennet leaving) and at the end of his tenure he has resigned almost all of our good young prospects, brought Hannant back and maybe even delivered inglis as a parting gift. Credit where credit is due.

I think Gee might deserve the credit for holden that one together.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
audragon said:
Jeba said:
Bannermania said:
Surely as your younger players get a bit wiser and older, they will expect larger contracts..

This has been happening since the birth of the salary cap. And signing Inglis, or re-signing Thaiday, or whatever it is that audragon is pissed off about (I still have no idea) will not change that. Players will come and go, it's inevitable, you only have to look at the amount of players we have lost over the last few years as evidence of that.

Simple mix up, I'd say. You have the same avatar as subsbligh. [icon_wink

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
audragon said:
Jeba said:
Bannermania said:

Correct. My bad.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Jeba said:
ningnangnong said:
audragon said:
Jeba said:
Bannermania said:

Correct. My bad.
Hmmm... Need to change my avatar. Unless subsligh wants to... [icon_razz1

Cheers guys! icon_thumbs_u

F

Ffs...

NYC Player
Jul 10, 2010
Foordy said:
also don't forget there is rumoured to be a decent increase in the cap for the 2013 season when the new tv rights deal comes in

Yea I also read they were considering discounts for long serving players, which would be a few of our guys I think?

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
draggx said:
simmo77 said:

I think Gee might deserve the credit for holden that one together.

So whenever something good happens at the club Bruno has nothing to do with it but if something goes wrong Bruno cops all the blame???????????????????????????

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
No it just looks like Gee is holden the deal together and thus should get the credit.

If you would like to go check out the other 356 Bruno must die threads you will see i normally defend him ;)

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That sums it up simmo! Much like when a team plays shit it's the coach's fault, and when they play well it's the players.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Coxy said:
That sums it up simmo! Much like when a team plays shit it's the coach's fault, and when they play well it's the players.
I'm sure you meant Wallace, right? [icon_shru [icon_razz1

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
On the footy show atm. Said he was offered another extension but didnt take it up.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Robboi_321
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.