Discussion about Wayne Bennett

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
i have no problems with bennett coming back if its in a position other than coach.

but he should never be our coach again. he proved that over his last few years with us. i dont give a $hit if he won a premiership with St George - the broncos are not st george, nor do they have the immense talent in their lineup like st george do. we have the potential talent, which is starting to come through, and someone like bennett could help bring it to the stage - but when its on the stage, i dont want bennetts stifling lack of creativity anywhere near it.

Re: Official - Ivan Henjak Sacked

Anonymous person said:
the broncos are not st george, nor do they have the immense talent in their lineup like st george do.

[icon_shru

vertigo said:
Anonymous person said:
the broncos are not st george, nor do they have the immense talent in their lineup like st george do.

[icon_shru
[icon_lol1.

Don't bother trying to explain the meaning of the word "talent" to AP. He will come back with some sort of reasoning why he's right and you're wrong! :roll:

Porthoz said:
[icon_lol1.

Don't bother trying to explain the meaning of the word "talent" to AP. He will come back with some sort of reasoning why he's right and you're wrong! :roll:
we've been over this before. St George, despite what you all want to think, have the most 'star studded' lineup in the competition. they have more origin and test players than any other team, and did so before Bennett took the reigns.

like i said, the broncos team that henjak inherited was all POTENTIAL talent, and over the hill talent. the youngest regular first grade team the NRL has ever seen in fact. bit of a difference between the 2 teams.

i wouldnt expect you to understand this though, youve proven to be an idiot many times.

Gasnier & Cooper = Over the hill, hope NSW pick them again.
Michael Weyman = only became a rep player under WB
Ben Hornby = Former Australian Halfback (lolz)
Darius Boyd = Only ever been coached by WB
Ben Creagh = A talented player, reached his full potential under....WB, but I'll give this one to AP
Jamie Soward = still hasn't repped for Aus or NSW. Before WB could barely crack first grade.
Wendell Sailor = Ummm
Brett Morris = Debuted as a rep player under WB, but yes was always going to be a star.
Dean Young = Average forward until WB came along and taught them discipline.
Jeremy Smith = A wonderful player, WB purchased from CB. AP can have this one.
Beau Scott = Rep for NSW. Ha ha. Should never have been picked imo. The only reason he was...WB.

So what exactly is your point AP?
WB brought these guys to their full potential it seems to me.

Imagine what he'll do with the young guns at the Broncos *IF* he comes back. 8-)

I rest my case! [icon_lol1.

Dictionary definition for the word talent:
tal-ent [tal-uhnt]
- noun
a special natural ability or aptitude: a talent for drawing.

Note the natural part of the definition, meaning talent is inate, it's either there or it's not. There is no such thing as a POTENTIAL for talent!

remiq.net_16724.jpg

Porthoz said:
I rest my case! [icon_lol1.

Dictionary definition for the word talent:
tal-ent [tal-uhnt]
- noun
a special natural ability or aptitude: a talent for drawing.

Note the natural part of the definition, meaning talent is inate, it's either there or it's not. There is no such thing as a POTENTIAL for talent!
there is potential for talent to be used or not, thats the thing you dolt [icon_lol1.

i might be the best ice hockey player in the world, but i wouldnt know cause ive never tried ice hockey. i might be able to kick a mean sideline shot at goal from 75m out, but i wouldnt know cause ive never tried.

the broncos team are all inexperienced, young, and full of natural ability and the potential is there for them to harness that talent and be great players. the dragons team was full of players who had already shown that talent and half of them had already played/been selected for rep footy.

and yes, there is a potential for talent. youre a complete idiot if you think you cant become talented at something through practice. hell, youve become very talented at posting idiotic things through practice.

mrslong said:
So what exactly is your point AP?
WB brought these guys to their full potential it seems to me.
my point is that WB got given a team that was, on paper, in the top 2-3 teams in the league. on paper, Henjack got given a team that was in the bottom half of the league. if the dragons didnt do well it wouldve been a gigantic failure. if the broncos didnt do well, it wouldve been fairly expected. what a coach can do with a team of nobodies is more telling than what they can do with a team of great players. taking the best team on paper with the most rep players to a premiership isnt a big effort.

At the risk of having this thread locked, AP clearly has no idea who is and who isn't "over the hill". He demonstrated that perfectly last year when he said that Darren Lockyer was "done, past it. Forever confined to the list of players that played one year too long".

So basically, he's an idiot, ignore him. (admittedly I have failed to do that here but I do take pleasure in reminding everyone of his stupidity).

The Rock said:
I've already beaten AP in this argument last year, so can we all move on. You can't negotiate with a crippled animal.
tide goes in, tide goes out, never a miscommunication.

right rocky?

the fact that you think you won that argument speaks volumes. someone mustve closed a tunnel in your brain somewhere.

Anonymous person said:
the broncos team are all inexperienced, young, and full of natural ability and the potential is there for them to harness that talent and be great players. the dragons team was full of players who had already shown that talent and half of them had already played/been selected for rep footy.

Have you ever heard the saying "a champion team beats a team of champions"? By your reckoning, the Dragons' talent and rep experience made them a team of champions. Yet, not surprisingly, they were unable to convert that into a premiership.

What was the ingredient added to the mix that produced the premiership? Wayne Bennett.

It's the only conversation going on in this bleeding forum and you want us to shut up?
No wonder the place is dead these days. [icon_shru

mrslong said:
It's the only conversation going on in this bleeding forum and you want us to shut up?
some people would rather have no conversation at all than someone say something that they dont agree with.

Anonymous person said:
mrslong said:
some people would rather have no conversation at all than someone say something that they dont agree with.
I truly love a debate, but with you it's not unlike flogging a dead horse... :roll:

Porthoz said:
Anonymous person said:
mrslong said:
I truly love a debate, but with you it's not unlike flogging a dead horse... :roll:
I know. But sometimes it's fun to have a win. [icon_shady

The Rock said:
It's an absolute disgrace that this thread is even opened. This has been debated THOUSANDS of times and it gets nowhere. What's the point? It's not going to bring new members to BHQ, it's going to get rid of them.

Bit dramatic.

The Rock said:
It's an absolute disgrace that this thread is even opened. This has been debated THOUSANDS of times and it gets nowhere. What's the point? It's not going to bring new members to BHQ, it's going to get rid of them.
It's been re-opened because there is a good chance Wayne Bennett could be coming back to coach us next year.

I for one think it will be a good idea. This thread is a place where we can come and talk about what Wayne's going to do if he gets here.

I think he'd like to bring us back to our former arrogant glory and get rid of the dead wood that has ruined our club over the last 5 or so years. As long as he comes back with a succession plan in place, and the best interests of the club and not just an excuse to make good coin and be near his family.

I for one think it's perfectly legitimate thread.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.