International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
They never seem to learn......

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
They never learn because there's never consequences.

They get bullshit legal decisions to stop them being convicted (Bird springs to mind).
They have idiot hangers on turn a negative story into a positive (Johns drug abuse).
They have idiot commentators laud their playing talents and say "give these guys a fair go, there's so much pressure" blah blah.

It's about time the NRL and all sport in this country started realising its players are elite members of society. Therefore, any **** up they should be banned for life. Piss off overseas if you want.

I don't care what it is. Drug use, sexual assault, assault, robbery, drink driving, whatever.
I don't care what excuse they come up with, bipolar, whatever.

One strike and you're out. Go be a plumber or something else that doesn't have all the privileges and stature that being a professional sportsman in this country gives you. You don't deserve that life.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Why isn't there a big story about all the other professionals like doctors and businessmen or uni students who abuse prescription drugs?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Je$ter said:
Why isn't there a big story about all the other professionals like doctors and businessmen or uni students who abuse prescription drugs?

I have my Doctors autograph on a stethoscope, I hope one day I can sell it on Ebay for some good money. icon_thumbs_u

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
considering i know a handful of people that could get valium for me in 10 minutes i dont think they'd have much trouble.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
noisetheory said:
considering i know a handful of people that could get valium for me in 10 minutes i dont think they'd have much trouble.
How though? Do they rob a chemist? Do they get prescriptions from a dodgy doctor? Do they know dodgy pharmacists? etc.?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Usually you buy it per pill. So it just takes someone to sell a bottle of them to a dealer.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
From the article at the top of the post:
The Sunday Telegraph spoke to a whistleblower who claimed he was hired by the relative of a Rooster's employee in 2009 to purchase prescription drugs for players. The man said he and several others used welfare benefits to purchase drugs like Valium for $5.20 a box.

"I was getting $20 a box after I sold them - it was a guaranteed money earner," he said. "There were five of us doing it last year and I was doctor-shopping for [the team official], stockpiling Valium, Stilnox and Temazepam."

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
It's actually not too hard to get a doctor to prescribe valium. The symptoms of anxiety disorders are pretty common these days.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I agree Jester and still strongly disagree with you Coxy...why the hell do you think you have the right to moralise ?? Why don't you just mind your own business and let other people live as they see fit instead of your Amish style insistence we should all live as you(supposedly) do ???....not that I believe you do not transgress at times in your everyday existence.

When everyone is treated the same and people hold every job up to the same scrutiny the bloody holier than thou wowsers on this forum put mere footballers under then I will support your stance on drugs,alcohol and illicit sex. Till then stop whineing about other people and how they choose to live...it's not your goddammed business. It never will be either. If I were a footballer in the NRL and I'd met you, after what you have said, done and the way you judge me,and your clear belief that your morally superior to me then I'd knock your far. king block off.....bloody christians

Don't bother with your role model crap argument or the clubs owed this that and the other....bullshit weak as piss arguments both. Nobody owns a person no matter how highly paid, private time should be just that.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
They're not "mere footballers". They're elite sportsmen, entertainers, held in ridiculously, undeserved high esteem in this country.

And while that's the case, they need to be "victims of moralising" and held to the highest standards.

If they don't like it, piss off and be a garbo or something.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Swordfish
  • Johnny92
  • Fatboy
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • Kev_Guz
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lurker
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • kat00
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.