PLAYER Ezra Mam

Locky's Left Boot

Locky's Left Boot

NYC Player
Jul 26, 2017
For those who are more footy-savvy than I am, how long would it take before he hits that sweet spot where "early 2016 Milford" (sign if the cross, throws salt over shoulder) was at?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
For those who are more footy-savvy than I am, how long would it take before he hits that sweet spot where "early 2016 Milford" (sign if the cross, throws salt over shoulder) was at?
Milford was 22, Mam is still only 20 years old.

However, by 2016 Milford had played 40 NRL games in the position, Ezra is approaching that mark with 38. In Ezra's favour, he's only been groomed for that one position and hasn't been pushed as an outside back utility which is the direction the Raiders went in 2013 (played fullback/centre in NYC, before moving to 14 and eventually fullback in NRL).

The Ezra/Milford comparison is something I've had in mind for awhile. There's a lot of similarities between the two, hopefully Brisbane don't make the same mistake and pair him with another running half and hopefully Mam commits to his training.

Even with the price hike, I don't think Mam would be bold enough to ask for a million per season, but I have been surprised before.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 13, 2017
Well we are two weeks from effective free agency and he still hasn’t signed on.
Probably a case of finding a sweet spot for him arey and walsh be my guess

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Well we are two weeks from effective free agency and he still hasn’t signed on.
Ezra and Reece have the potential to sell a helluva lot of Broncos merchandise if they stick around another few years .Not to mention bums on seats and advertising deals . There is a big offset to their player contracts .

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Even with the price hike, I don't think Mam would be bold enough to ask for a million per season, but I have been surprised before.

Depends what kinda people / manager Ezra has around him.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Milford was 22, Mam is still only 20 years old.

However, by 2016 Milford had played 40 NRL games in the position, Ezra is approaching that mark with 38. In Ezra's favour, he's only been groomed for that one position and hasn't been pushed as an outside back utility which is the direction the Raiders went in 2013 (played fullback/centre in NYC, before moving to 14 and eventually fullback in NRL).

The Ezra/Milford comparison is something I've had in mind for awhile. There's a lot of similarities between the two, hopefully Brisbane don't make the same mistake and pair him with another running half and hopefully Mam commits to his training.

I dont think Ezra will ask for a million from the Broncos unless he gets a tip off somebody else is going to stump up that kind of money. Once you take the hypotheticals off the table and there is a firm offer there thats when i think things change.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Ezra and Reece have the potential to sell a helluva lot of Broncos merchandise if they stick around another few years .Not to mention bums on seats and advertising deals . There is a big offset to their player contracts .
The problem is it doesn't offset the salary cap

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Third party deals tho.

tenor.gif

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The fact that the club seem to be actively planning for life after Reyno says to me Ezra isn't going to go down the same path as Milford.

Kevvie isn't going to do what Bennett did with Milford and try to turn him into a player he's not.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
No one stays there that long

My brother went there on GF weekend with his mrs and was only there for a few days, came back violently ill.

A lot of the restaurants had mice problems, there was quite a bit of poverty despite some places looking nice.

The place is a fucking shit hole.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Alec
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • broncsgoat
  • Scorchie
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • broncs30
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Tim K
  • Stix
  • mystico
  • lynx000
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.