Game One

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I love today, the dressing room looks awesome the Captain’s run jumpers looked great, Lam presented the jumpers last night and they’re ready.

I honestly believe that last year was this Queensland side’s ’05 Ashes and this year will be the ’06 Ashes. New South Wales have poked the bear and they’re in a world of trouble.
Last year they got the jump on Queensland with their middle third football and being super aggressive and niggly.

They’re going to the do the same thing again- look at their bench. In game one 9 shifts, game two 14 times and 7 times in game three. Queensland had more shifts than all of those just to the left hand side. Queensland doubled the Blues efforts with 58 shifts for the three games.

Queensland will cope better this year, they know it is coming and they won’t get sucked into not playing their football.
New Souths Wales efforts in every area improved last year, they did the simple things right. They kicked for space a lot better than in previous years they found the grass 48% of the time last year which is double 2012. They had 329 efforts without the ball and made 34 try saving tackles.

Points for wasn’t great the lowest ever on 26 for three games, but again I think they will back themselves to scrap wins together and claw through games.

Cronk returning will be great for this side, he is a calmness and the sureness of the side. (Won 10-14 games).

Over the last six games Queensland has led in every stat metres gained on average 1437 v 1284
27 line breaks v 13 and 71 offloads v 42.

Yet the games over those two years are equal- Queensland challenge is to wins games that aren’t going their way and do what they do well despite what is going on.
In game three Queensland had 22 shifts just short of the Blues for the whole series. They smashed them playing their football.

I am predicting a big game for Scott- In fact a big series he will finish on 19 games and will want to get his Tosser medal next year.

Pretty special tonight, Smith equals Alf and Jono equals Wally for games played. A win will give Jono 20 wins only second guy to do it behind Smith.

The greasy surface may bring it closer but I am predicting from what I have seen this week that Queensland are about to make them hurt. They know it’s the last chance for this side.

It’s a great contrast of styles and teams, has this aging Queensland team got one huge effort or have they gone a year too long.

Yahooo !!!! Fire up ***** !!!!

Get in! Working late again but I'll call it off for two hours then head back in. Not missing a second.

Give em hell boys! QUEENSLANDER!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mRmMRNYLJ8w/T0l1alZ_UiI/AAAAAAAAA98/HKRQoVOyAQw/s1600/****-yeah.gif

giphy.gif

yeahhh, have to say the 8 in a row stuff kinda took the wind out of my sails a bit.

go qld and all, but i don't feel the same way about it now as I did in 2006 ...

Other than QLD winning of course, the thing I'm looking forward to the most is hopefully Mitchell Pearnice failing again.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with the #1 choice.

Nothing will ever beat that.

There are a few that come close. Lockyer's try in 2006, Slater's try in 2004 and this one...

Lol at the train ride here, all these NSW *****. Proudly wearing my maroons gear though, can't wait for the ride home.

QUEENSLAND

I hate the pre-Origin fluff almost as much as the NSW side.

Shannon Noll is screaming umm I mean singing.

Who hires the shit entertainment.

Active Now

• cento
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  • mystico
  • Old Mate
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.