CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Also that indian bowler who bowled the last over is terrible, he has been carted all 3 games

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I tell you what, the Australian test team looks like bowling and middle order wise, it is ready for when the current test older players go but openers are the real concern. I think they are going to have to manufacture something.

Maybe something like:

1. Head
2. Pucovski
3. Labushagne
4. Green/Davies
5. McSweeney/Hardie
6. Davies/Hardie
7. Inglis/Harper (I mean I'll be honest I haven't rated him and probably still don't but yesterday's century was something else)
8. Richardson
9. O'Neill/Paris (shame he isn't younger)
10. Sutherland/Salzmann (he's a gun but absolutely nowhere near ready)/Agar
11. Murphy/Roccioilli

Basically, I reckon there are a few locks moving forward in Richardson, Green, Davies and Murphy. I then feel pretty confident that Hardie, Inglis, O'Neill will play for Aus at some point.

Then you have Kellaway and Salzmann plus Sangha, Fraser-McGurk and Wylie who will all likely get there but are by no means certainties and not any time soon.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Fraser-McGurk gets his first FC ton...albeit after not being given out to a ball that could not have been more plumb on 98.

And why is Manenti batting at 8? Currently, he is one of the most consistent bats in Shield.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
You just cannot go with Harris in the test team. As soon as the pressure is on and he is in the spotlight, he just goes to water.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
I tell you what, the Australian test team looks like bowling and middle order wise, it is ready for when the current test older players go but openers are the real concern. I think they are going to have to manufacture something.

Maybe something like:

1. Head
2. Pucovski
3. Labushagne
4. Green/Davies
5. McSweeney/Hardie
6. Davies/Hardie
7. Inglis/Harper (I mean I'll be honest I haven't rated him and probably still don't but yesterday's century was something else)
8. Richardson
9. O'Neill/Paris (shame he isn't younger)
10. Sutherland/Salzmann (he's a gun but absolutely nowhere near ready)/Agar
11. Murphy/Roccioilli

Basically, I reckon there are a few locks moving forward in Richardson, Green, Davies and Murphy. I then feel pretty confident that Hardie, Inglis, O'Neill will play for Aus at some point.

Then you have Kellaway and Salzmann plus Sangha, Fraser-McGurk and Wylie who will all likely get there but are by no means certainties and not any time soon.
I hate the idea of Head opening in test cricket.

One of Bancroft/Renshaw should be there. Keep Head at 5.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Heat in the WBBL final starting now

Double GF weekend with the AFLW Lions tomorrow:

Mrw GIF

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Heat in the WBBL final starting now

Double GF weekend with the AFLW Lions tomorrow:

Mrw GIF
Heat should win with the way they restricted them but some really dumb shots for both wickets so far. It’s run a ball you fucking idiots.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Heat should win with the way they restricted them but some really dumb shots for both wickets so far. It’s run a ball you fucking idiots.
how do all QLD teams have the same mentality.

Just knuckle down and get the runs... you dont get anything extra if you win inside 15 overs

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
And another one falls to yet another horrendous shot

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
And another.

Full and straight... better swipe across the line... nope that didnt work

... that's because you didnt swipe hard enough!!!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
They should still get it from here, I expect them to follow the recent tradition of Brisbane teams and blow it.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
No one in the heat seems to be able to clear the boundary

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'm waiting for all these 'power hitters' to come out... it seems like it's Grace, Jonassen and that's it.

Everyone else looks like a grafter just trying to grind out runs

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.