"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Excuse my ignorance but who's magic

A guy that told me he'd asked for a release....no flashy embelishment just a straight up "Hoffmans manager asked for a release the other day..."

So all these clueless dogs/raiders fans screaming at us to "release him already" and "broncos are stopping him from leaving" are talking absolute shit. The bloke hasn't even asked to leave yet! **** me dead, that'll do me.

its not just Raiders and Dogs fans claiming that. there have been plenty of people on here saying it for quite a while and using it to attack Hoffman

A guy that told me he'd asked for a release....no flashy embelishment just a straight up "Hoffmans manager asked for a release the other day..."

Magic ......pffft :001_rolleyes:

and I see another of the "experts" is claiming his inside knowledge leads him to believe that Hoffman has already signed with the Dogs.

double Pffft .....

Broncos captain Sam Thaiday says Josh Hoffman remains an important part of the Brisbane side despite Ben Barba's move to the Broncos, and has urged the disgruntled full-back to stay on at Red Hill.

Hoffman has reportedly been put offside by the recruitment of Barba who is likely to take his spot at full-back for the Broncos.

The Kiwi international has been linked with a move to Barba's former club Canterbury but Thaiday says Hoffman, who remains contracted to Brisbane for 2014, is still very much a part of coach Anthony Griffin's plans next year.

"Josh is a player that not just myself but all the Broncos players want in our side. We want him to hang around and hopefully he will," Thaiday said on Tuesday.

"I think what Josh learnt this year is he can play a great role for us on the wing and he can play a great role for us at full-back.

"And when he was playing wing for us, he was our best winger and, when he was playing full-back for us, he was our best full-back."

World Cup-winning forward Thaiday, who will make his boxing debut on Saturday against giant Chiefs Super Rugby forward Ben Tameifuna in the Fight for Life charity event in Auckland, said Barba would bring a vital attacking edge to the Broncos next year.

"What Benny does is that he brings that X-factor to whatever team he plays with," Thaiday said.

"We can't always rely on players like Hodgo (Justin Hodges) and Josh Hoffman to continually show up every week. We have to share that lot around and show we are a great team with a lot of great talent.

Thaiday is hopeful that Barba's arrival, along with some new coaches and a shift in attitude, will prove the catalyst required to improve after a disappointing 2013.

"Last year was a really tough year for us. It was a really disappointing year. It just wasn't good enough. We have changed things around with some new players, some new coaching staff and we are looking forward to a big year next year at the Broncos," he said.

"Hopefully he (Barba) will bring that great form he showed last year when he won the Dally M award because we have set ourselves some big goals this year."

That interview certainly didn't imply Thaiday is a Rhodes scholar.

Very diplomatic from Thaiday.

Certainly a captains knock.

If Hoffman leaves, I'm going to be really, really shitty. It means I have to redo Harry Sack's avatar.

Hoffman at 5/8th instead? HAd a dream about it last night... seemed to work haha

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • Harry Sack
  • phoenix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Financeguy
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Maddy
  • Wolfie
  • john1420
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.