If the Broncos did a Storm, what would you do....

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
rissi_gurl said:
How many of you are getting "Broncos will be next" comments?
It's pissing me of hardcore right now!!!!!!!
I may be naive but I just don't think our club would do this sort of thing

It's everywhere "Broncos next" and "How has Locky stayed so long" blah blah blah.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Mate, I've been getting "Broncos are rorting the salary cap" since, well, since I was old enough to understand what a salary cap was.

I used to get upset by it. Now I just say "meh, if they are, they'll get busted eventually" and move on. That shits them the most, like you don't care. And ultimately I don't. I follow whatever team the Broncos put on the field. I'll be disgusted if they're ever found to have badly cheated, but as I said, as long as all involved are brought to justice and the club is then cleaned up, then it's business as usual for me.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I love the Broncos and would never turn my back. Id hate on whoever fucked up. If players knew, get rid of them. No player is bigger than the club.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Honestly.. I don't see how the Broncos would be doing it right now, especially with our losses... but I wouldn't be suprised if it has happened in the past.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
mal said:
Honestly.. I don't see how the Broncos would be doing it right now, especially with our losses... but I wouldn't be suprised if it has happened in the past.

I think we're at the point where I don't think any supporter can be surprised if their club did it in the past

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
on more than one occasion didnt the broncos have up to 11 players from their team in the state of origin teams? certainly makes you wonder doesnt it?

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Don't forget though you're talking about a time when the broncos were THE club to be at. It wasn't that long ago, but it was a different era as far as rugby league goes. Players stayed at teams because they wanted to, even if they could get more money elsewhere.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
ethos said:
Your hypotheticals are starting to scare me Aeetee..

+1 ....

Yeah, there's always that little bit of paranoia that keeps you wondering.

Like some others are saying, there's an outside chance that Melbourne aren't going be the lone culprits by the time all this is over (even though they'll probably be by far the most severe case) and that's understandable.

Waldron - whose words should probably be taken with a grain of salt - reckons it's widespread, and even made an allegation yesterday towards another player (who left the Storm) and club whose identities were withheld.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

Looking at it from the simplistic viewpoint of the playing roster, you'd think we're certainly in the clear. After what's gone on though, you just never know.

But, all that pesky paranoia aside, I think we should be sweet, lol icon_thumbs_u

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Broncos for life, I support the team and always will regardless. I'd be fuming at those reponsinble and go hunting myself.!!

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Had this discussion with Mr BB last night.

I would be absolutely gutted - and it would be so painful hearing about it from every single person I know (or don't) with their opinion on it.

But I've been a strong Broncos fan since 88 - I'm not going anywhere else. I would still support. Besides, I'm not going to go changing my licence plates again.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
bronco_babe77 said:
Had this discussion with Mr BB last night.

I would be absolutely gutted - and it would be so painful hearing about it from every single person I know (or don't) with their opinion on it.

But I've been a strong Broncos fan since 88 - I'm not going anywhere else. I would still support. Besides, I'm not going to go changing my licence plates again.

There's the best reason I've seen to stick solid! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I would probably be quiet for like an hour...then cry a little...then be numb for a bit. And hate on whoever screwed us over.

But I will still turn up to all the home games and support the team.

J

Jip

NYC Player
Jul 14, 2008
I don't know what I would do. I know it's not the players fault (assuming that it's not), but I'd just hate being deceived. I'd be shattered, and would still back the boys but my heart would need time to mend.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I would wonder why we weren't half the football side Melbourne was despite the fact we cheated like they did ....

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
I was pretty shocked when it happened to Melbourne, so it would be crazy bad to happen to Brisbane.

But atleast we would have to win 2 premierships for that to happen..

M

Mattycat

U18 Player
Sep 14, 2008
I would support the team wholeheartedly, but would be disgusted at the people responsible. And we all know that when these things come out that the CEO and Coach are part of the people responsible. Anyone who thinks Bellamy didn't know is living with the fairies.
Waldron's excuse that everybody does it has a semblance of truth to it. Most teams, Brisbane included, have breached the salary cap at some time. Brisbane has on a few occasions been fined for breaching, because of third party deals, however, MOST teams do not concoct a scheme to ensure that the rorting is hidden. Everybody on this forum would have had thoughts about the Storm, I know I did. How in this day and age of the salary cap have they been able to maintain the strength of side that they have when other teams have had to let go of big players to other teams, other codes and overseas.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
I'd stick by my team 100%. Sack whatever staff and players involved and forget about it.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrMoore
  • Broncs1459
  • Browny
  • teampjta
  • Totally Unr3al
  • MrRobot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Swordfish
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.