Injury Update

why not ... Vidot is not a signing that demands automatic selection (like Barba). if he performs during the trials fine, but if not then he needs to perform well enough in the QLD cup to demand selection in the top grade. He was clearly bought cheaply as a depth signing.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be given a shot in the top grade, but it is up to him to demand selection through performances and i expect him to get his chance during the trials.

I think he does, our backs were average as **** this year so i don't see them improving.

I think he does, our backs were average as **** this year so i don't see them improving.

Vidot couldn't even make it into a Dragons backline that was no better than ours. apart from Dugan it was very ordinary.

I think he has potential but he is not one of the players that should get automatic selection. if he performs well in the trials and at pre-season training, i'm happy to get selected.

I don't want this to be another player like Kemp was this year, where people were calling for his selection based on highlight reels from 5 years ago, despite performances in the QLD Cup.

in fact, i think the only automatic selections in our team for 2014, should be Barba, Parker and Hodges (when fit), every one else needs to earn their spot.

if we start letting players get automatic selection then i hope you are happy to see more seasons like the one we just had.

Vidot couldn't even make it into a Dragons backline that was no better than ours. apart from Dugan it was very ordinary.

I think he has potential but he is not one of the players that should get automatic selection. if he performs well in the trials and at pre-season training, i'm happy to get selected.

I don't want this to be another player like Kemp was this year, where people were calling for his selection based on highlight reels from 5 years ago, despite performances in the QLD Cup.

in fact, i think the only automatic selections in our team for 2014, should be Barba, Parker and Hodges (when fit), every one else needs to earn their spot.

if we start letting players get automatic selection then i hope you are happy to see more seasons like the one we just had.

yeah you make a fair point. I merely want him selected so i don't have to see maranta, but you are right he needs to prove him self as do the rest of the clowns.

While I don't think he should be an automatic selection comparing Vidot to Kemp is a poor example at best, Kemp barely even featured in first grade playing about 10 games for the Warriors after leaving the Broncos, Vidot racked up 34 games and 18 tries in two seasons for the Dragons after leaving the Raiders and while having a poor season in 2013, still had a good season with them in 2012 and also performed well for the Raiders, something Kemp can't say he did either at the Warriors or has done returning to the Broncos.

Last edited:
Lowrie, Kennedy and Yow Yeh have all had clean up ops last couple of weeks.

He played quite a bit for them this year. In fact he played against us and was probably their best

Didnt Vidot play about 15 games? How is that not making it into the dragons backline?

Apart from Dugan, Morris, Nightingale and Cooper are far from ordinary players.

Didnt Vidot play about 15 games? How is that not making it into the dragons backline?

Apart from Dugan, Morris, Nightingale and Cooper are far from ordinary players.

To be fair the dragons backline is probably there best attribute

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Brisbane Broncos winger Dale Copley's comeback from knee reconstruction gathers speed

For the past nine months, Copley has been the Broncos' hard-luck story, falling victim to the club's left-side curse after a pre-season knee injury wiped out his 2013 season.
But yesterday, in sweltering conditions at Purtell Park, the 22-year-old took his first strides towards atonement as competition for wing berths intensifies at Red Hill.
A member of the 2012 Queensland Emerging Origin squad, Copley was expected to fire on the flank last season, only to be taken off on a stretcher after 18 minutes of pre-season action.

"This the first pre-season I've been excited about. It's not usually an enjoyable time of year, but it feels good to be running again with the team," said Copley, who underwent surgery after damaging his patella tendon in a February trial against the Titans.

"I did the whole pre-season and you do look forward to playing. Unfortunately I did all the work and I didn't get to enjoy the season.
"It was tough, probably as much mentally as physically. Once the pain subsided in my knee it was hard to show up to Suncorp every week and watch the guys run around without you."It was heartbreaking at times, but now the focus switches to 2014."
Copley accepts he won't get an armchair ride into the Broncos' starting side.

In his absence last year, Josh Hoffman was a revelation on the left wing, finishing the club's leading tryscorer with 15 in 24 games.
Throw in new backline recruits Ben Barba, Stewart Mills and Daniel Vidot, and the 95kg flyer knows someone will have to miss out.
"It's never easy to play first grade at the Broncos so if I can crack the starting side I will be happy," said Copley, who has scored 14 tries from 38 career games.
"With Ben Barba on board and Josh Hoffman already here - he can play on the wing, too - so there's a few extra guys to contend with.
"I have been pretty limited with my opportunities in first grade. The last time I got to play numerous games was 2012, and since then I haven't seen much football.
"Hopefully this year is different, and I can string some games together."
Broncos coach Anthony Griffin lauded Copley's work ethic and admits the side sorely missed his finishing prowess last season.
"He''s a real pro Dale, he's looking terrific," Griffin said. "He was pretty much ready to come back late last year, but we decided not to rush him.
"I'm excited he's back, we haven't seen him for 12 months so it's like we've signed a new player."

I was looking forward to seeing how Copley had improved this year, but it never eventuated. Like Griffin said, he's effectively a new signing.

Wasn't he useless before he was injured?

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Brisbane Broncos winger Dale Copley's comeback from knee reconstruction gathers speed

Broncos coach Anthony Griffin lauded Copley's work ethic and admits the side sorely missed his finishing prowess last season.
"He''s a real pro Dale, he's looking terrific," Griffin said. "He was pretty much ready to come back late last year, but we decided not to rush him.
"I'm excited he's back, we haven't seen him for 12 months so it's like we've signed a new player."

That comment says 2 things. Hook's real view about Maranta, and his disregard for Oates try a game performance as a terrific replacement winger

As far as I recall, Copley was a solid first grade outside back. I have absolutely no enthusiasm for Copley until he proves his "finishing prowess".

Busting tackles to score long range tries, and outrunning Uate would be a good start

That comment says 2 things. Hook's real view about Maranta, and his disregard for Oates try a game performance as a terrific replacement winger

As far as I recall, Copley was a solid first grade outside back. I have absolutely no enthusiasm for Copley until he proves his "finishing prowess".

Busting tackles to score long range tries, and outrunning Uate would be a good start

Still on the magic mushrooms I see. Oates did well on the wing but that doesn't mean he should play on the wing all the time.

Still on the magic mushrooms I see. Oates did well on the wing but that doesn't mean he should play on the wing all the time.

Always!

I'm not saying Oates should play on the wing all the time. I am saying that his performances as a rookie finisher on the flank made me cheer.

I have yet to cheer watching Copley

I like Copley but ultimately he is a left centre so he needs to get Reeds spot. I think his is where they missed him last year, he could have played instead of Reed playing injured for the last part of the season

I like Copley but ultimately he is a left centre so he needs to get Reeds spot. I think his is where they missed him last year, he could have played instead of Reed playing injured for the last part of the season[/QUOTE]

There'd be no other reason for Copley to play based on form prior to his injury. If there is Copley love around here, I'm curious as to the reason for the romance

I like Copley but ultimately he is a left centre so he needs to get Reeds spot. I think his is where they missed him last year, he could have played instead of Reed playing injured for the last part of the season[/QUOTE]

There'd be no other reason for Copley to play based on form prior to his injury. If there is Copley love around here, I'm curious as to the reason for the romance

When Copley started I didn't like having him in the team at all. Kinda like Maranta now. But he won me over. I think he scored a couple of longer range tries, made a lot of hard catches as well. He had definitely improved before his injury.

When Copley started I didn't like having him in the team at all. Kinda like Maranta now. But he won me over. I think he scored a couple of longer range tries, made a lot of hard catches as well. He had definitely improved before his injury.

I must get off the magic mushrooms - total memory loss.

Please tell me what I missed, especially the long range tries. I remember him catching fine and running the ball back really strongly, and as I said, I thought he was a solid 1st grade outside back. But, in the present roster, for mine, he would have to be have improved 300% to get into the starting line up.

I don't recall outstanding footwork, sheer strength to break tackles, genuine speed ...

(And anyone who doubts what Reed can do ought to look at the tries he scored).

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • thenry
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.