Is this why we cant re-sign our young guys?

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
I didnt consider this angle to be honest.

Per the NRL.com story.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/11/wheels-in-motion-storm-plan-rebuff-to-qld-raids-on-spine-stars/

Do you think that maybe player managers are recommending some of our young guys to hold back from signing with us to see if Brisbane does indeed get another NRL club in as part of expansion?

Apparently this will be announced in July which means they can begin recruiting straight away. So perhaps this might explain some reluctance to get pen to paper with us..?

Thoughts?

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
i mean, if i was the father of one of these young guys at Brisbane and they had 12-18 months left on their contract, id be saying "look, not often you have a choice of Brisabne clubs to sign with; hold off on a contract with Broncos and see what happens in July"....

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Were I a manager and genuinely believed a second team would come into existence I'd certainly tell my clients to hold off. I'd have to act in their best interest and of course, my own. I don't know if a few months left in 21 would be enough time for a start up even with the preparations some would have made.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Money talks all languages but the need to be seen as a winner in a top team not far behind. We talking about resigning Dearden, Staggs and Coates and Storm talking about resigning Munster, Papa and Harry. **** me dead no wonder we chased their CEO and coach. Well done to whoever had enough brains to do that.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I would hope these crooked player managers are actually discussing it with the bid managers to see if they're doing the right thing by giving them advice to sign OR not sign.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • mitch222
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky24
  • Aldo
  • BruiserMk1
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.