OFFICIAL James Segeyaro signs with Broncos - Effective Immediately

Gold Coast
The Broncos find their new utility. Been in works all week. Finally cleared today. His speed will suit Seibold’s game plan.
Quote Tweet

David Riccio

@DaveRic1
· 9m
BREAKING: James Segeyaro released from @Cronulla_Sharks feeder-club @newtownrlfc to join @brisbanebroncos immediately. Full story @telegraph_sport (link: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-snare-former-sharks-hooker-james-segeyaro/news-story/a7486d8604b0dad0f1709c51c6919268) dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bron…

Alec

International Rep
He's nowhere near as good as Cook, who is far more rounded, so it's not quite the same thing for Seibold... but if Segs can rediscover his old form, he'd be a weapon off the bench.

Last edited:

Dee

QCup Player
Sydney
OMG, no. This guy has speed, sure but isn't he a cancer to every club he's gone to? I don't want to judge him and I can understand the signing but seems like a rash decision to sign him. Hope he works out and kills it for us though.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I think the conditions of his contract would be very interesting, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. How long is the contract for? The bomb has definitely been placed under Macca now.

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Pros: Has been playing 80 minutes most weeks for Newtown (7 games)
Cons: Only has 2 tries, 1 try assists, 3 line-break assists & 3 forced drop outs this season, is also only average 30 running metres per game.

The attacking stats are an obvious improvement on Macca, but the running metres are a concern, for reference Macca is running close to 40 metres per game this year, I'm hoping that's due to the system Segeyaro is playing in more so than him losing his speed and footwork..

Footy Fanatic

NYC Player
Cons: Only has 2 tries, 1 try assists, 3 line-break assists & 3 forced drop outs this season, is also only average 30 running metres per game.

The attacking stats are an obvious improvement on Macca, but the running metres are a concern, for reference Macca is running close to 40 metres per game this year, I'm hoping that's due to the system Segeyaro is playing in more so than him losing his speed and footwork..
Hopefully Seibold tells him to get out and run from behind our forward pack when it is rolling.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep

Yeah, fingers crossed. I imagine Seibold will just give him the Cook treatment. Similar players etc etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legend01

Highlights