Norman signs with the Eels!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
lmao, 500k per year for Norman? I guess we can have some faith that the club weren't stupid enough to match that offer.

I doubt Griffin will have the balls to drop him from first grade.

In any case, if we're going to use that signing as a baseline, anyone think Dugan isn't worth 650? lol.

Seriously, if we don't sign Dugan now then Andrew Gee and Griffin are complete dicks.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I wonder if Hook will drop him?

I think it's a good idea to drop him - not out of spite, but purely because we need to look after our future and develop the team

It's time to start to developing the youngsters, and of course some aggression in the player market

But i have my doubts............

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
I wonder if Hook will drop him?

honestly i doubt he will. hook said two weeks ago if norman is being offered that money then he has no issues with him taking it and there would be no ill feeling about it.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Time for Norman to be dropped to Q-Cup. I can only hope this is a sign that we are going after Dugan now, otherwise we are going to have to go back to Hoffman, who whilst good on the wing, still isn't a top class fullback.

Also curious, Sandow, Norman, Hayne and Hopoate all on big money. Either Hopoate is going to be forced to be wasted at centre or wing, or one of Hayne or Hopoate will potentially leave?
id heard hopoate hasnt signed and was actually shopping around for a different club now. dont have anything whatsoever to back it up, but its what id seen on some forums.

one thing that worries me is that Dugan and Norman have the same manager. he gets $500k/season for norman, youd think hes going to want more for Dugan.....

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It would honestly be better for everyone if he was playing QLD Cup. He'd be playing in his preferred position, which suits him and Parra, and we'd be with one less shitty player.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Hopoate to the Broncos has been on the cards for a couple years now

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
honestly i doubt he will. hook said two weeks ago if norman is being offered that money then he has no issues with him taking it and there would be no ill feeling about it.

You're right noise, no ill feeling

But I think he should be dropped in order to develop our team for the future

No point leaving him at fullback when next year's fullback should be there now gaining experience (whomever that may be)

Exception to that would be if Norman was a superstar capable of carrying us to the grand final on the back of his creative attack :loool:

But I still doubt Hook will do it - perhaps in Hook's world Norman does have creative attack :scared:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Time for Norman to be dropped to Q-Cup. I can only hope this is a sign that we are going after Dugan now, otherwise we are going to have to go back to Hoffman, who whilst good on the wing, still isn't a top class fullback.

Also curious, Sandow, Norman, Hayne and Hopoate all on big money. Either Hopoate is going to be forced to be wasted at centre or wing, or one of Hayne or Hopoate will potentially leave?

Griffin won't drop him. Corey's poor old mum would be upset.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Griffin won't drop him. Corey's poor old mum would be upset.

If Griffin doesn't have the balls to drop Norman, then maybe he should get Dale Copely to do it for him. He's proven he's adept when it comes to dropping things.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
If Griffin doesn't have the balls to drop Norman, then maybe he should get Sam Thaiday to do it for him. He's proven he's adept when it comes to dropping things.
fixed that for you.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Kempy to FB !!!

Who needs Slater ....

Last edited:
Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'd prefer Norman at fullback ahead of Hoffman this year if they are the only two choices. I feel Norman provides a bit more creativity back there and has a bit more playmaking ability than Hoffman, who I think has been doing a fine job on the wing too by the way as he's quite safe under the high ball.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, Hoffman is doing quite well on the wing. I just wish he got more ball. I'd like to see him hunting in field a bit more in attack.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Thank the lord for Parra. They saved us from ourselves.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • Foordy
  • lakers133334
  • Fozz
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.