NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 17 Discussion

Hey Broncos fans. Do you reckon Walsh calling the ref a c*** is better or worse than Montoya's homophobic spray at a diving Feldt that cost him 4 weeks on the sideline?

This will be an interesting test of the judiciary - there will be a lot of kids that are idolising Walsh right now that saw the way he spoke to an official. In my view they will have to come down hard for that fact alone.

A lot of us here think that a bit of a fall down to earth will help Reece with his career longevity. His ability to be a generational player will depend on him keeping his feet on the ground.

We're going with the truth is a complete defence theory.

But seriously, I suppose it depends on if the club can prove it wasn't directed at the ref. Then he should get week or two (that's what Brandon Smith got for calling the ref a cheat last year ... but he got the Storm discount).

IMO, a homophobic slur is worse.

The media of course will ensure he doesn't get a fair hearing.

Honestly as bad as it sounds I don't think a big punishment is a bad thing, he has been getting too lippy lately and the only way he is going to learn is with time off missing the action.

It will be a good lesson for him, lucky Origin was over in game 2..

Hey Broncos fans. Do you reckon Walsh calling the ref a c*** is better or worse than Montoya's homophobic spray at a diving Feldt that cost him 4 weeks on the sideline?

This will be an interesting test of the judiciary - there will be a lot of kids that are idolising Walsh right now that saw the way he spoke to an official. In my view they will have to come down hard for that fact alone.

A lot of us here think that a bit of a fall down to earth will help Reece with his career longevity. His ability to be a generational player will depend on him keeping his feet on the ground.
Hard to say. If he's actually called the Ref a ****, he should have been marched. The fact that he wasn't says to me that there's a bit of doubt as to whether he did or not. That or Butler is just gutless. He'll be sitting on the side line for a week or two regardless imo and it will be good for him. He needs to pull his head in.

Apples and Oranges. It was a bad look, but the homophobic slur is way worse. Walsh should sit out regardless. Dumb to be in that position in the first place that it may be even interpreted to be a slur on the ref.

Anyway, can't help or change your sexuality, you can change being a ****. 😜

Broncos fullback Reece Walsh has entered a not guilty plea ahead of facing the Judiciary on Tuesday night, after being charged with Contrary Conduct towards a match official in Brisbane's loss to the Titans on Sunday.

globaleagle - Silvertails said:
Broncos fullback Reece Walsh has entered a not guilty plea ahead of facing the Judiciary on Tuesday night, after being charged with Contrary Conduct towards a match official in Brisbane's loss to the Titans on Sunday.
Got the popcorn ready...

The past week has been better entertain than a soap opera

globaleagle - Silvertails said:
So like the bunker... he's charged with contrary conduct towards the match official and there's insufficient evidence so no charge and he plays this week? I can see it now....

Should we find someone in Sydney/Brisbane, wherever his hearing's being held, to sneak up behind him and put a Warriors jersey on him just as the judiciary start to take evidence?

That'll guarantee a stand-down...

I personally have great difficulty believing his words were not aimed at the ref, or at best, were 50/50 aimed at Butler and Carrigan.

I personally have great difficulty believing his words were not aimed at the ref, or at best, were 50/50 aimed at Butler and Carrigan.
Cant be Carrigan. His babysitter Adam Reynolds stated that it was aimed at the opposition. Would be nice if they both spoke before trying to spin up a story that it was anyone other than Butler.

Should we find someone in Sydney/Brisbane, wherever his hearing's being held, to sneak up behind him and put a Warriors jersey on him just as the judiciary start to take evidence?

Don't worry ... his Broncos jersey has the same effect

Cant be Carrigan. His babysitter Adam Reynolds stated that it was aimed at the opposition. Would be nice if they both spoke before trying to spin up a story that it was anyone other than Butler.

The talk is it was aimed at Fifita who flicked Walsh's ear.

We should send him in a Knights jersey so he gets 0 weeks like Gagai did.

Got the popcorn ready...

The past week has been better entertain than a soap opera

I mean, personally speaking, I don't find soap operas interesting at all, so that really should be factual even if nothing happened.

I mean, personally speaking, I don't find soap operas interesting at all, so that really should be factual even if nothing happened.
What happened to Jordan Riki, did he pick up an injury at the weekend?

Active Now

• lynx000
  • CHorse
  • Wolfie
  • Griffo
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Ondi
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Thelmus
  • mitch222
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mister Wright
  • Manofoneway
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.