NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 27 Discussion

Where have you been ever since they banned it?! It's absurd but even with the rules we're still seeing guys launching at other guys' heads, so it will never come back unfortunately.
If horsburgh hit him in the head I would class that as a high tackle. Not a shoulder charge. I class a shoulder charge as what Sonny Bill used to do and that big shot Inglis put on Dean Young that time.

I know they aren't going to change it because they are scared out of their mind with concussions but I genuinely don't believe that is a shoulder charge. I see that tackle regularly week to week. Liam Martin and Flegler would never play again if they were consistent. Every big hit that smashes a bloke directly backwards is like that for the most part imo. If Jensen isn't levelled I seriously think it doesn't get a mention. The bunker and ref didn't even penalise it. Says it all when the bunker doesn't get involved. They put blokes on report for breaking a guys nail

You don't need to grab them. Just wrap both arms around, it's not that hard to do. At no point does he do that.

He comes flying in leading in with the right shoulder and makes forceful contact with the upper arm/shoulder. That's a shoulder charge.
You cant wrap both arms when you smash a bloke. I dont get what you mean with this both arms thing. When you hammer a guy they fly backwards there isn't enough time to wrap both arms.

When do you say wrap both arms it reminds me of this lol. You always hit with the shoulder and then wrap if you dont level the bloke. The horsburgh tackle is penalising guys for being too strong imo
Roger Federer Love GIF by Tennis TV

7.50pm - McLeod said Waerea-Hargreaves takes the charge seriously and would have pleaded guilty to a Grade One.

He said there was no evidence of contact to head or neck of Koroisau and none of the camera angles proved otherwise.

“What are we really dealing with, it’s a body check on a kicker who doesn’t get hurt,” he said.

“This was clumsy, it was late you might even think it was very careless, but it was not reckless.”

-------------

I would have thought Uncle Nick could afford a better lawyer than this bloke

JWH has claimed he didn't hit Koroisau high

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey
So why is he only seeking a downgrade??

Pleading guilty to a grade 1 means he's admitting guilt to hitting him in the head... the only decision is then level of force between low and moderate... old mate came in with a swinging arm so I can't see how he can claim it's low force.

But this is the NRL so he's every chance to get off and they might even pay the fine for him for wasting his time.

I didn't hit him in the head bro, but if I did, it was only a little bit and I'd agree with that but I didn't hit him in the head cuz. Simple az.

The judiciary this time of year is when you see the NRL's agenda, unfiltered. The big charges on JWH (that normally go unpunished, or fined) are their way of giving Souths the best chance of making finals.

DVU 290823 NRL HORSBURGH GUILTY 2023 29 08 12 05 05 202308292209 2628

Live I thought it was a good hit but I was waiting for another angle.

Definitely looks worse from this angle and you can see why he was handed such a heavy suspension. It really makes you wonder what Adam Gee and the touchies saw. Shoulder charge with force with head high contact - that's in the realm of a send off these days.

View attachment 23759

Definitely looks worse from this angle and you can see why he was handed such a heavy suspension. It really makes you wonder what Adam Gee and the touchies saw. Shoulder charge with force with head high contact - that's in the realm of a send off these days.

Gee and the touchies saw 79 minutes gone in a game which was already won and just wanted to go home I suspect.

View attachment 23759

Jensen didn't stay down, so the tackle wouldn't have been reviewed

View attachment 23759

The match review committee didn't charge him with head high contact otherwise he would have got more than a grade 1. They viewed it as a straight shoulder charge to the body.

The match review committee didn't charge him with head high contact otherwise he would have got more than a grade 1. They viewed it as a straight shoulder charge to the body.
Judging from the vision he was very fortunate with that grading. Especially when you consider the other examples on the NRL website, it appeared far worse than a Grade 1 which is meant to be when you're on the back foot and just launch yourself.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • mrslong
  • Ondi
  • Socnorb
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • thenry
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.