NRL 2023 Round 9 Discussion

Dangerous contact fine but not convinced it's a hip drop because Nanai's legs stayed on the ground.

Cronk banging on about Sharks being very smart going to Nanai’s edge. Wouldn’t it be dumb not to?

I'm not disagreeing. But Nanai will now get suspended like Ezra and Haas because the defender reacted. There was shitloads missed over the weekend last weekend, despite the 2 broncos being suspended.

All depends on reaction of attacker.
It's total rubbish. Administration finding tackles to eliminate. Game will be touch soon. It is hard to bring these kind of athletes down. Stop making it harder. Doesn't help when you have clowns like Fittler and Johns in the media saying how it was never around in their day and is a blight in the game. Bullshit. Guys just got on with things. Alfie Langer would like a word. He was the king of dodgy leg locks etc. You got to do what you got to do.

It's total rubbish. Administration finding tackles to eliminate. Game will be touch soon. It is hard to bring these kind of athletes down. Stop making it harder. Doesn't help when you have clowns like Fittler and Johns in the media saying how it was never around in their day and is a blight in the game. Bullshit. Guys just got on with things. Alfie Langer would like a word. He was the king of dodgy leg locks etc. You got to do what you got to do.
They clearly never watched Cam Smith either, master of doing shit like this to slow the PTB

What did you make of the tackle compared to Rapana's on Capewell? Obviously we had better vision of the Walker tackle, but they seemed similar?

Mustafur Mustafur, we know they paid a transfer fee, we don't know if it was the $500,000.
Courier Mail said it was 500k that's all I went with.

The Cows were never in that game but honestly, they were never allowed to be either. That was an atrocious refereeing performance. I hate hate hate the current state of the game. As mentioned by others, if these idiots in charge want touch football, go join that regime and leave this sport alone. No one wants diving or penalties for strong tackles and sin bins because players can’t break the laws of physics. I just wish I didn’t love the Broncos so much and could be done with this stupid competition.

I’m so grateful I’ve got the Super League. It isn’t without its issues but at least it still resembles what league should be, not this soccer rubbish we are now getting.

The Cows were never in that game but honestly, they were never allowed to be either. That was an atrocious refereeing performance. I hate hate hate the current state of the game. As mentioned by others, if these idiots in charge want touch football, go join that regime and leave this sport alone. No one wants diving or penalties for strong tackles and sin bins because players can’t break the laws of physics. I just wish I didn’t love the Broncos so much and could be done with this stupid competition.

I’m so grateful I’ve got the Super League. It isn’t without its issues but at least it still resembles what league should be, not this soccer rubbish we are now getting.
I think a lot of people are at a bit of a tipping point. The problem is that the market is asking for this kind of entertainment, and the players are also enabling it because it is being incentivised.

I also love the Broncos, so I can't let it go either, and I hope it gets better. It sucks, because the Broncos are doing really well, so it's weird to still complain about the code, but I said when the Broncos were losing that it was turning to shit, and I stand by that.

So, now I just hope it rights itself, because it might get pushback from the core fanbase, who really are responsible for the success of the game. The fickle fans will bring money, but it isn't money that stays. It is chasing the dopamine hit that any entertainment product can give them.

The final factor will be whether players actually decide to still play, when they are actually knowingly putting themselves at risk of so much danger healthwise. I think so, but the legal aspect of it all will ultimately come down to money. That means the league will need to chase money. That is the spiral we may currently be in. The super league may soon follow. However, obviously there is a market for full-contact sport.

A professional touch footy product like the NRL might actually be fun to watch, to be fair.
Check out GAA Hurling or Gaelic Football if you want a fast contact sport with lads playing for pride, not money.

Preach.
This is exactly where i am at with the game.
Loved footy all my life, so its hard to break a lifelong addiction.

But these fuckwits overhauling the game have destroyed footy.

Bring back the shoulder charge, bring back the biff, and if the blokes at the top dont like it, find another sport to wreck.

I am quite enjoying the actual footy that’s being played and don’t think the game has gone soft or whatever boomers are crowing about. What I do hate is the diving and the rewarding of the diving. That’s where it’s losing a bit of gloss. The refs making it about them needs to be overhauled.

my main concern with the refs if they aren’t getting paid big money (compared to the players) the entry level guys are on about 150 and it goes up from there. You can’t tell me that’s not leaving them vulnerable to bribes etc. not saying that they are, but the NRL should definitely help those guys out more than they do.

Preach.
This is exactly where i am at with the game.
Loved footy all my life, so its hard to break a lifelong addiction.

But these fuckwits overhauling the game have destroyed footy.

Bring back the shoulder charge, bring back the biff, and if the blokes at the top dont like it, find another sport to wreck.

You do realise .
A shoulder charge killed a player a few years back ?

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
31963.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Brookie Bob - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 15, 2021
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.