NRL 2024 Pre-Season Challenge Week 1

Sexton has been dogs best half on the night.

Has been against reserves, but he's been far better at straightening up the attack
You can't unsee it.

Remote
Screen1oz Butthead COin REV  95487 2

The dogs kids looked really good last night in the second half. They keep that core group together and they might start to turn it around big time in 2-3 years time. Their attack in the first half was pedestrian. Just side to side with no real speed to take advantage of any overlaps. And the papenhauzen try at the end of the first half, I mean what the **** was the fullback doing. As if you wouldn't drop back from the scrum knowing that play was going to happen.

what the **** was the fullback doing. As if you wouldn't drop back from the scrum knowing that play was going to happen.

They fooled him by passing to one side then kicking back the other side .
It was a well executed move .

One of the actual good rule 'changes' they brought in was actually enforcing the downtown rule.

It was getting ridiculous last year where the kicker was basically the only player behind the ptb and the defensive line getting a 20-30m head start.

Forcing the players to stay behind the ptb should create a bit more space for fullbacks on kick returns.

Id like to know why David Armstrong isnt starting the trial for the Knights. Lit up NSW Cup last year

I've got a challenge for BHQ (mostly @Sproj)

If you had to pick a team based purely on the decade they were born, what would those teams look like and who would come out on top?

To give you a few names in the 80s you have players like JT, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, GI, Cronk & Hayne.

90s you have Teddy, Turbo, Latrell, Cleary, Taumalolo & Munster

anyone know if there will be a stream for the Broncos vs Cowboys game tomorrow?

Id like to know why David Armstrong isnt starting the trial for the Knights. Lit up NSW Cup last year

He just scored, he played for Dolphins in Meninga and Colts and went to Toowoomba Grammar.

Strange career time line.

If you had to pick a team based purely on the decade they were born, what would those teams look like and who would come out on top?

To give you a few names in the 80s you have players like JT, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, GI, Cronk & Hayne.

I'll give an 1980's team a go

1. Billy Slater
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Greg Inglis
4. Hodgo
5. Israel Folau
6. JT
7. Cooper Cronk
8. James Graham
9. Cam Smith
10. Paul Gallen
11. SBW
12. Willie Mason
13. Corey Parker

14. Luke Lewis
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Sam Burgess
17. Sam Thaiday

Other players of note
Backs: Jamie Lyon, Tate, Tahu, Gasnier, Brett Morris, Yow Yeh, Darius, Matty Bowen, Brett Stewart, Mini, Eric Grothe, Inu, Rooney, Ben Barba, Khunt, Pat Richards, Matt King

Halves: Benji, DCE, Scott Prince

Forwards: Carl Webb, Frank Pritchard, Jesse Bromwich, Watmough, Greg Bird, Glenn Stewart, Dave Taylor, Asotasi, Mark O'Meley, Waterhouse, Gareth Ellis

Hookers: Ennis, Ballin, etc. (no one beating CS9 though)

Will Pryce is having a day out as well, we won't hear the end of it from @Wolfie.

That looks like a try saver but unfortunately the bunker is dumb and have called it a try. Hetherington should have been rewarded for that fantastic effort.

I would like to see another angle on that knock on call.

I didn't see a knock on. Badger doing Badger things making shit calls.

1970's team pretty stacked as well

1. Lockyer
2. Lote
3. Renouf
4. Girdler
5. Wendell
6. Fittler
7. Johns
8. Webke
9. Priddis
10. Petero
11. Tallis
12. Hindmarsh
13. Brad Clyde

14. Craig Wing
15. Brad Thorn
16. Reuben Wiki
17. Menzies

Probably a heavy broncos bias from me, but they were a dominant team of the 90's when they were coming through. Bunch of toss ups across the second row and bench.

Others
Backs: Peachey, Presto, Matt Cooper, Matt Sing, Kenny Nagas, Vagana, El Masri, Minto, Hauff, Phil Lee, Robbie O, Wesser, Julian O'Neill, Matt Gidley, Matt Rogers, Berro, Adam MacDougall,

Halves/Hookers: Kimmorley, Jason Taylor, Stacey Jones, Danny Buderus, Barrett, Gower, Jason Smith, Mundine

Forwards: Ben Kennedy, Steve Price, Steve Kearney, Andrew Ryan, Robbie Kearns, Fitzgibbon, Tonie Carroll, Andrew Gee, Tony Puletua, Joe Galuvao, Fuifui, Fletcher

Well if that's a penalty then they're basically saying no one can stand next to the ruck anymore... could be very interesting moving forward.

Cleary, Moses, etc. won't have so much time to get their kicks off anymore.

If the interpretation stays then I think it could work... teams with the best kickers are basically dominating the comp at the moment, this might help with levelling the field a little more

What has happened to Woods? It is like he peaked at 21 and it has been all downhill since.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • cento
  • Bish
  • Waynesaurus
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • azza.79
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • the_next
  • Matheos
  • Harry Sack
  • mitch222
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.