NRL Players and family members in hot water

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Have to feel for Payne. He really is a credit to himself. Sure he’s not perfect but his path could have easily been so different

And also why he didn't take unders to stay. Not that you need $1 million + a year to support a family but sounds like he'll be the head of the family indefinitely and his career won't last forever.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
And also why he didn't take unders to stay. Not that you need $1 million + a year to support a family but sounds like he'll be the head of the family indefinitely and his career won't last forever.
Anyone with a brain would have cut them off. His mother seems to be playing games with her trial as well.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Absolutely gutted for Payne & his siblings.

Agree with one of the prior posts. The media deciding to dump this article right before Payne plays .. they really are down and dirty in the gutter this time.

Still tho .. they just don't get it.

Broncs will be running out there tonight with one intention in mind .. playing for Payne.

Broncs to smash Manly.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Anyone with a brain would have cut them off. His mother seems to be playing games with her trial as well.

Cut off his parents? Maybe, but I'm more talking about his siblings. Even if he does distance himself from his parents, he wouldn't cut off his siblings and some of them are young enough to still need parental guidance and support (which, I assume, the parents aren't providing, and soon may not be capable of doing so).

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Cut off his parents? Maybe, but I'm more talking about his siblings. Even if he does distance himself from his parents, he wouldn't cut off his siblings and some of them are young enough to still need parental guidance and support (which, I assume, the parents aren't providing, and soon may not be capable of doing so).

Yep, his parents and any of his siblings who are of the same mentality. Best get as many of them away from his parents as possible. Utter scum.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Like I said before, to have a family such as his, Payne is a miracle to end up how he has.

It's a fucked situation for all involved.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Easy to say when you look at it on paper, but at the end of the day you can't trade your parents.
If i had parents like that i'd do it and wouldnt make excuses about it either. Family doesnt give you a free pass to be vile human beings.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It’s very much in the culture of Caucasians to drop their parents if they’re shit bags . Not so much in other cultures.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah but you grew up with different parents and different expectations surrounding that, it's not soo simple.

Your perspective comes with your upbringing.

Makes no difference. If Paynes turned himself around from the woman threatening man he was then he knows right from wrong and he knows what a scumbag looks like. If he wants to protect his siblings, he simply has to do it. It would be incredibly irresponsible not to.

B

Bronx48

QCup Player
Jul 24, 2023
No wonder why Payne is taking care of his brothers. His parents are terrible. When do they start to grow up and realise they’re adults?! Atrocious. That’s terrible for Payne, another incident in the family.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.