NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 2 Discussion

How do Dragons go from 28-4 to 0-38 in one round?

*insert meme here*
Probably says more about the Titans, they could be cuddling up to a nice cold spoon come seasons end

You gotta feel for Ben Hunt. With the exception of the 2015 Broncos, he has been a part of some truly horrific sides throughout his career.
I don't. The bloke cost us a premiership with his final 10 minute meltdown in the GF and then walked out, admittedly after having crazy money thrown at him, which cost us a HB we had invested heavily in and condemned us to nearly a decade of pain.

Hughes hit with a one-game suspension for contact with the ref during the Storm vs Warriors game.

This is the incident.

Honestly, what the **** was Hughes supposed to do? Butler was in the way and Berry was charging straight towards him. He could have waited to see if Butler got out of the way but I don't think Butler even knew he was in the way and by then it could have affected his ability to put himself in a good position to make an effective tackle.

Rubbish ruling from the MRC.

Hughes hit with a one-game suspension for contact with the ref during the Storm vs Warriors game.

This is the incident.

Honestly, what the **** was Hughes supposed to do? Butler was in the way and Berry was charging straight towards him. He could have waited to see if Butler got out of the way but I don't think Butler even knew he was in the way and by then it could have affected his ability to put himself in a good position to make an effective tackle.

Idk berry was a fair way out and the ref was moving to his left away from play albeit slowly if it happened to my club id be filthy but seens it was the storm **** em i say 😀

This is the incident.

You can`t push the ref ...
Don`t like the penalty he just gave ? Push him over .

Oh sorry Sir you were getting in the proximity of the play . That is a can of worms you don`t want to open .

Oh sorry Sir you were getting in the proximity of the play . That is a can of worms you don`t want to open .

There have been various incidents over the years of players pushing the ref out of the way when they've made a break that didn't result in a suspension. It's on the ref to not get in the way and in this case he got in the way of a defender who was the last line of defence.

It's a ridiculous call from the MRC.

Idk berry was a fair way out and the ref was moving to his left away from play albeit slowly if it happened to my club id be filthy but seens it was the storm **** em i say 😀
this is exactly right. The storm get away with murder in the ruck every game.. They can cop a shit call from the MRC. Hopefully they lose round 3 because of it.

It’s not like in baseball when they tag the ump after several shit calls.

Didn’t Luia get away with pushing a touchie?

There have been various incidents over the years of players pushing the ref out of the way when they've made a break that didn't result in a suspension. It's on the ref to not get in the way and in this case he got in the way of a defender who was the last line of defence.

It's a ridiculous call from the MRC.

There was a scramble for the ball after a bomb no ?
A lot harder for the ref to predict what is going to happen than a straight up ruck situ .
Unfortunate , but I still hold if you let players touch / push refs it is a slippery slope .

got away with a blatant trip with out getting sent i know that for sure #justiceforherbie
True... I forgot they started binning players for trips again... Herbie and Kiks come to mind as binnings from last year.

Guess that must've been in the fine print of the rule amendments... or maybe just #GameSituation as per everything NRL

There was a scramble for the ball after a bomb no ?
A lot harder for the ref to predict what is going to happen than a straight up ruck situ .
Unfortunate , but I still hold if you let players touch / push refs it is a slippery slope .
I figured it was Hughes contacting the ref to try and line it up for a mutual infringement no try... which had happened in the dogs vs sharks game the previous day.

They didnt score on that play though, so wont know until it happens again in a storm game (I suspect it has been filed away in their collective memory banks though).... surprised Hughes didnt just hit the deck after touching the ref to make it more obvious.

You seriously can't see the difference between pushing an official over the decision they made ... And making contact with a ref (who put themselves in the wrong position) while attempting a legitimate tackle

Rabbits clogging up the Fox Sports home page... pressure going to be building on JD if he doesn't turn them around soon.

Rorters this week then a reprieve against dogs, but Sharks and Wahs after that heading into a round 7 bye... I give them a chance in all those games, but if they go into the bye at under 50% (2 wins) things could get pretty messy down south.

Even after the bye they've got Melbourne in Melb and then Panthers... could be a very rough start to the year in store for Souths

Have Souths ever explained why they left Grahams surgery so late? Wasn't it the same injury that kept him out of Origin?

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Broncs1459
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Spoon
  • HarryAllan7
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.