NSW Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
This is very old but Timana boohoo declared himself avaible for Origin. WTF If NSW pick that sook i'm going to cheer for QLD. I don't problem with Bedsy though, I think he's the favourite for hooker.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
On rugby league unlimited there is a poll for the NSW 5/8 for this year. Todd Carney is the most popular with 39% of the vote in his favour, Soward is 2nd behind. Soward and Carney is who I think the halves should be.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
On rugby league unlimited there is a poll for the NSW 5/8 for this year. Todd Carney is the most popular with 39% of the vote in his favour, Soward is 2nd behind. Soward and Carney is who I think the halves should be.

I haven't seen Carney play this year, so I can't comment on his form; but overall, as a player, I rate him ahead of Soward. If Carney's to be in the team, it should be at the expense of Soward, not at his side.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
When it comes down to it, we're spoilt for choice in the halves and backs. Our biggest concern is the front row, I think. There's Gallen... and who else?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
When it comes down to it, we're spoilt for choice in the halves and backs. Our biggest concern is the front row, I think. There's Gallen... and who else?

I agree! NSW have plenty of halves and backs that are equally ****.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
How come Mitchell Pearce is selected all the time. Yeah he can be well organised and can spark something from nothing, from time to time. But in the 5 or 6 origins his played NSW have only won 1. I think it's his relationship with Stuart. Ricky is a huge fan of him. Thoughts ?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
How come Mitchell Pearce is selected all the time. Yeah he can be well organised and can spark something from nothing, from time to time. But in the 5 or 6 origins his played NSW have only won 1. I think it's his relationship with Stuart. Ricky is a huge fan of him. Thoughts ?

For some reason people rate him highly. I still think he's a long way off. Like I said in another thread, he is NSW's golden boy.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Wallace should be in the NSW team, doubt he will be though which is great news for us.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
For some reason people rate him highly. I still think he's a long way off. Like I said in another thread, he is NSW's golden boy.

I asked this question based on that post. I don't mind him but there are better players to pick.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Thing is if you pick Wallace you can't pick Soward. You'd basically have 2 organisers who require lots of structure without any natural playmaking instinct. They won't produce that spark that will make something happen - even less so with Hayne's poor form/lack of confidence.

If you pick Wallace you need someone like Carney alongside him.

That's not to say Pearce is better than Wallace, but I do think he is capable of that game breaking play more than Wallace is.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
On form I would pick Mullen at 6 and Wallace at 7, left/right kicking combo both defending great. Mullen is a great ballrunner and is the more creative type, plus they are both in tremendous form!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
1. Dugan (Stewart if he isn't fit)
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. J.Morris (far better form than Lawrence)
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Wallace
8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Tamou
11. Lewis
12. Gallen
13. Stewart

14. Leroyd-Lahrs
15. Scott
16. T.Sims/T.Williams
17. Hinchcliffe (as hooker backup, spare halve and a very solid backrow option)

Gallen to play prop as the game wears on, I think that pack could.match ours very easily and with form halves that backline gets a chance.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
On form I would pick Mullen at 6 and Wallace at 7, left/right kicking combo both defending great. Mullen is a great ballrunner and is the more creative type, plus they are both in tremendous form!

So on form you think Mullen is playing better than Carney?? Wallace should be first half picked but odds of that happening are slim IMO.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think Carney looks more creative than Mullen not even close, Carney and Wallace wouldn't scare QLD also it is a right right kicking pairing. Carney is playing well but isnt opening sides up or winning his team matches himself, Mullen right now has been dominant and especially in Gidleys absense is showing he can be the go to man for a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • mrslong
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  • maddo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.