Official - Jordan Kahu signs new deal

You can be a negative fan and I'll call it as I see it. Copley has shown me that he could develop into a pretty good player. He could develop into a turd as well but so could every player in our squad. Be pretty boring if we all thought our young players were going to be shit.

I didn't necessarily say that my honest perspective was the only accurate one, just that I didn't feel the need to be cryptic or poker-faced about rating our youngsters. If you feel different, cool, you're entitled to do so. I just would like some substance behind why people feel the way they do, not "just because" or a similarly vacuous response - not aimed at anyone in particular, but I find it frustrating when users will simply bleat a mantra but are unwilling or unable to deconstruct their reasoning behind it.

it's not so much that I think all of our juniors are shit, I just don't think the world of them because they're coming through the Broncos system. FWIW, I think Oates is the best junior we've had in a couple of years. Looks the part at 18 in a foreign position - that's the sorta player I'll give wraps to.

Last edited:
LOL how convenient that you give a wrap to a young player who is playing well.

You don't rate Kahu or Copley cool. Sounds like you'll just pick and choose when you are going to be a negative fan.

Last edited:
LOL how convenient that you give a wrap to a young player who is playing well.
yes I know how very strange, give a wrap to someone playing well - kinda ties in with my first post about giving youngsters a wrap after they played well, not prior, don't you think?

how outrageous!! EL OH EL ZED

You don't rate Kahu or Copley cool. Sounds like you'll just pick and choose when you are going to be a negative fan.
I don't rate them yet, no. If they improved over a consistent, sustained period, then I would.

As far as your last sentence is concerned, uh.. well yeah, what's the difference between myself and any other fan, yourself included? We all pick and choose when we're negative, it's called having an opinion, I'm sure you'd consider yourself well-versed in this particular instance.

Last edited:
yes I know how very strange, give a wrap to someone playing well - kinda ties in with my first post about giving youngsters a wrap after they played well, not prior, don't you think?

how outrageous!! EL OH EL ZED

I've seen Copley play and I was impressed with how he was playing towards the end of the season. Yes he was hopeless to begin with but he was playing out of position. It isn't a matter of being positive or negative it is a matter of opinion. I guess that about sums you up. I'd like to give Darren Lockyer a wrap for playing really well for all those years. Now I can be a hindsight hero as well.

I guess being dense is one of your strong points, hence your belated platitudes? In any case, if you're unable to differentiate what I'm saying, that's too bad for you, others seemed to get it just fine. Oh well!

I guess being dense is one of your strong points, hence your belated platitudes? In any case, if you're unable to differentiate what I'm saying, that's too bad for you, others seemed to get it just fine. Oh well!

Theres no need for the insults

I'd say being called dense ranks alongside being called a hindsight hero, innocuous at worst and besides, I didn't start it. ;)

What is it with you guys today? I don't recall any mod giving a licence to get personal on Mondays...

Cut it out please!

28119240_zps4444e84a.jpg

Active Now

• Spoon
  • kman
  • Lozza
  • Sproj
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rowdy124
  • LittleDavey
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • vertigo
  • The Don
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Strapper
  • Rookie Alan
  • Emanon
  • Robboi_321
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.