Pacific Championship Week 4 Discussion

So why wasn't Walsh picked?

And why was Cobbo not selected for the final?

So is Mal saying that Edwards and Val are Australia's best wingers?

Nicho just produced the best attacking play of the game by Australia.

terrible selections and also terrible use of the players.

Hardly used our forwards and Tedesco and Edwards never made any sense. Honestly don't know how Munster was picked either. He has been shit house all year.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the end of Ben Hunt, Tedesco, DCE and possibly Munster in the green and gold.

Will this be the first time ever Australia hasn't scored a point? Pathetic. The spind has been terrible.

Will this be the first time ever Australia hasn't scored a point? Pathetic. The spind has been terrible.

Nah, nein was saying there was a 24-0 loss back in 2005.

And now Aldi Flegler has scored.

That try was Pathetic. Absolutely terrible by Hynes and Tedesco, **** me dead. How did he get picked over Walsh or Ponga?

How much longer will Mal be able to ride on the coattails of the QLD years before people realise he’s a shit coach that came through in a generation of unbelievable players?

Also though, Has Payne Haas ever won a decider? Not blaming this on him at all, but I know he's lost a few with NSW and with us.

Look how many players in Australia team didn't play Finals though.

Holmes, Hammer, DCE, Hunt, Tino, Cotter. Unfortunately they are also all queenslanders.

Well done to the kiwi's but wooooooo.............that kangaroo performance was lifeless.

Spine was pretty well woeful for the whole series.

Harry had some moments in games, but DCE and Munster were invisible the entire series, Bhunt was targetted heavily this game and couldn't make a tackle in the middle... and then Teddy... well he just murders any sort of backline movement that comes his way.

I’m not saying it’s why we lost this match but I strongly believe that Australia’s dominance will continue to deteriorate as long as our SOO selectors continue prioritising the picking of players who choose to represent other countries.

And, unbelievably, there are a lot of NSW media people who want to EXPAND origin eligibility to include NZ and English players etc.

Terrible team selections in terms of positioning; also the Aussies are not as keen on this series compared to the island nations and NZ IMO.

I don't blame them, its a random series that was put on.

I know the saying "any time you put on the green and gold bla bla" but that does just not resonate without meaning and history. (i.e. ashes, anzac, Tri nations, etc.)

Whether this "pacific championships" becomes a thang... not sure... I personally couldn't give two hoots about it at this stage.

You can dig a bit deeper but... it kind of feels like the NSW v QLD passion... IMO it looks like NZ/island nations are REALLY passionate about putting on that jersey and fair enough, there is more history and culture in terms of anthem, dances, religion, haka, war crys, elders, etc.
What does 'Australia' mean in today's world? Anthem hardly resonates with everyone, does the team represent the everyday Aussie? etc.

I think we gathered as a nation more with the matildas...

I think the players played like how 'most' of us felt about this 'pacific series' IMO. It was a reflection of where the team was at.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • broncsfan88
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • RodF
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dash
  • marw
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.