Paul White Interview

We fans will be rewarded when success comes in the near future.
what the hell is he seeing that we can't. Unless the improbable happens and a play maker lands in our lap then it will take minimum 3 years to develop our own

I'm sick of thaiday being a frf. Chuck him back in the second row rotation and quads cooper to frf.

I knew Paul White was a lazy douchebag and this just proves it.
Proves you know nothing!

What would you expect a CEO to be saying publicly about his organisation, they usually don't make a habit of talking it down.

Amazing how fans can read one fluff piece in the paper and be convinced those at the club are sitting on their hands.

Proves you know nothing!

What would you expect a CEO to be saying publicly about his organisation, they usually don't make a habit of talking it down.

Amazing how fans can read one fluff piece in the paper and be convinced those at the club are sitting on their hands.

Lets hope they prove most of us wrong. For the record Paul White has done a lot of good off field. Setting up the academy in Logan is a huge move by the club and a good one. Plus the alliance with the Jets. He isn't all bad that is for sure. Obviously this interview is most likely just that a PR piece but we aren't to know that are we. The last few years of recruitment and retention suggest it probably isn't a fluff piece in the paper.

Earlier, I told a fellow poster that they could have summed up their argument in two words.

In here, you can basically sum up this article with 3 'We got dis'.

It's a PR puff piece and a waste of time for any of us fans to read. What I'm saying here is, don't take any of his words seriously.

The article did raise an approach I don't agree with and that's our vulture recruitment policy. If that's honestly true, it's one of the laziest recruitment methods I've seen. We're going to wait until some high profile stuffs up or a club fluffs their cheque book? C'marn! I know that nearly nabbed us GI and TheDugan but jiminy christ if Nolan wasn't keen on signing Norman on $450K I'd almost want him back over Gee.

This idea that we can sustain ourselves entirely on our 20s/ISC affiliates is silly on a couple of fronts.

1. They haven't been that good. Ever since Hook stopped coaching them they haven't made the 8 and the only debutants to make first grade for us in that time have been Jordan Kahu, Lachlan Maranta and Aaron Whitchurch.

2. We don't put up that big a fight to keep them.
It's not a 'vulture' recruitment policy, it's a realistic acceptance that there is no one on the current market worth signing and if that happens to change the club will be in a position to capitalise on the right person becoming available. It's a completely sensible approach. Everyone keeps acting like we have missed the boat or been sitting on our hands in failing to recruit a blue chip player that was never actually ever available to recruit, hence the constant fanboy wish lists of players that the broncos should sign that are not even off contract. Don't you think that the club wishes all these blue chip players were off contract too?

Lets hope they prove most of us wrong. For the record Paul White has done a lot of good off field. Setting up the academy in Logan is a huge move by the club and a good one. Plus the alliance with the Jets. He isn't all bad that is for sure. Obviously this interview is most likely just that a PR piece but we aren't to know that are we. The last few years of recruitment and retention suggest it probably isn't a fluff piece in the paper.
If the club was sitting on its hands why would it have even entertained signing dugan? It was an obvious example that club is fully alert to the problems with the roster.

The problem is np, we have all these issues from our Top 17 right through to our depth but it doesn't appear like the situation is going to get any better.

Let's face it, at this stage, 2014 is a rebuilding year.

The problem is np, we have all these issues from our Top 17 right through to our depth but it doesn't appear like the situation is going to get any better.

At this stage it certainly is, but with 3 signings it doesn't have to be.

A prop, a half, a fullback - thaiday in the backrow - corey parker captain - we're a top 8 side, even with Griffin in charge.

A lot can happen between now and the start of next season.

Depth is a fallacy, these days the cap, increased competition and the want-everything-now generation basically makes depth a luxury beyond all clubs and once injuries or rep commitments strike, all clubs fail to cover it.

But clubs always have players coming through - look at the Raiders.

Who's our light at the end of the tunnel for the backline and halves? Ash Taylor?

We're fine when it comes to the forwards, but one twist of the hamstring to Hodges and we're not making the 8.

That's my concern moving forward, there's no cake and we're all starting to get hungry.

A prop, a half, a fullback - thaiday in the backrow - corey parker captain - we're a top 8 side, even with Griffin in charge.
Love how our roster is apparently soo poor but when they play bad it's hooks fault because he can't coach, he's made mistakes both in recruitment and coaching but if he was as clueless as some fans make him out to be Monday wouldn't have been the exception nor would we have been competitive, let alone in a position to win, against Melbourne, manly or easts earlier this season.

But clubs always have players coming through - look at the Raiders.

Who's our light at the end of the tunnel for the backline and halves? Ash Taylor?

We're fine when it comes to the forwards, but one twist of the hamstring to Hodges and we're not making the 8.

That's my concern moving forward, there's no cake and we're all starting to get hungry.
Look at the panthers, moylan came seemingly from no where, a lot can happen in a year, guys improve and have breakout years just like they can have years where their form is down.

Like I said, fans aren't the only ones with wish lists of players, the club would love a list of blue chip players off contract to shore up what we are lacking internally. If only wishing made it so.

I agree that the fan attitude is easier said than done but the club has to be prepared to cop the flak if things continue to get as bad as it looks. The fact it's gotten so bad that we have to hope for a player to fall into our lap is embarrassing.

I understand the point you're making, but Moylan had been in the mix since 2011.

How difficult is it to recruit an NYC talent? Seriously?

Last edited:
Fullback Cameron Munster had a couple of nice touches for the Capras this afternoon. Of course we were beaten to the punch by the Storm.

Broncos made an offer. I commented on Munster over a month ago on here.

Why the **** didn't we sign Cameron Munster?? he even plays for one of our affiliate clubs. Not many 18 year old fullbacks doing well in Q cup.

A prop, a half,

maybe two props....big ones. We need some size.

Halfback........defo-z !!

Hooker too, wouldn't go astray.....although, that's one position I think we could improve on by using the lower grades with Baptiste or Granville.

I kinda agree with White. We don't have to suffer "re-building" years and cop it up the arse for the long term greater good. We've got a good base to build on.

Just need to run off a couple of numpties....add a quality "marquee" signing (half). Plus one established big prop and one younger big prop showing potential. I still argue that we're not that far off the pace.

I'm pleased that White has recognised that we need a quality signing.

I'd have to disagree that we need 2 props, I think Hannant, McGuire and Hala are all showing good form this year, Moose is a bit inconsistent and Hala has no fitness whatsoever, but give it time.

8 - Hannant
10 - TBA / McGuire

14 - McGuire / TBA
15 - Hala

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.