Paul White Interview

Why the **** didn't we sign Cameron Munster?? he even plays for one of our affiliate clubs. Not many 18 year old fullbacks doing well in Q cup.

He was on a scholarship and was offered a contract but chose the Storm.

He's going well and will be a big chance of being the 6 next year for Storm.

I think he's great, smart player.

Indeed you did 1910, I was just reminded of him during yesterday's telecast.

My point is, if we were so enthusiastic about our development and pathways we wouldn't let a talent like him slip right through our fingers.

That stinks. Doesn't make feel confident when a kid we had on a scholarship picks the Storm. Can't blame him though. We just shouldn't be losing these kids.

That stinks. Doesn't make feel confident when a kid we had on a scholarship picks the Storm. Can't blame him though. We just shouldn't be losing these kids.
I don't think it's a worrying sign.

Look at our halves next year, Prince, Wallace, Hunt. Basically no chance of getting in bar injury. He goes to the Storm with Widdop leaving there's a five-eight spot wide open for the taking AND he can play next to Cronk and Smith in the halves which will help his development.

Storm are the best place to be next year if you're a 5/8 looking to make first grade.

I would have thought Ben Hampton was a special to be the 6 for the Storm next year.

I don't think it's a worrying sign.

Look at our halves next year, Prince, Wallace, Hunt. Basically no chance of getting in bar injury. He goes to the Storm with Widdop leaving there's a five-eight spot wide open for the taking AND he can play next to Cronk and Smith in the halves which will help his development.

Storm are the best place to be next year if you're a 5/8 looking to make first grade.

and the re-signing of peter Wallace comes back to slap us in the face again.....

Story of our recent lives.

nice puff piece in sunday mail :001_rolleyes: glad we're not too worried about the on field performance as long as we're rolling in it off the field.

oh well, a few seasons of utterly dire performance should sort out the off the field stuff too, maybe then they'll get their heads out of their arses.

Who was that poster here that was talking about buying the Broncos? Wish he would.

I would have thought Ben Hampton was a special to be the 6 for the Storm next year.

He's been going well, was good again on Sunday but Mann, Munster and Hampton will all come into calculations.

Makes prefect sense, 18 years old, can go down and learn from Slater for three years and then be their fullback or if he turns into a 6 maybe get a gig next year.

It's a smart move from him.

Makes prefect sense, 18 years old, can go down and learn from Slater for three years and then be their fullback or if he turns into a 6 maybe get a gig next year.

It's a smart move from him.

I completely understand his decision. Who would come to a rabble like the Broncos at the moment. Learning from the best in Slater could do wonders for his career. Broncos have none of those types of stars that attract younger players.

I completely understand his decision. Who would come to a rabble like the Broncos at the moment. Learning from the best in Slater could do wonders for his career. Broncos have none of those types of stars that attract younger players.

+ Craig Bellamy ...

It's not a 'vulture' recruitment policy, it's a realistic acceptance that there is no one on the current market worth signing and if that happens to change the club will be in a position to capitalise on the right person becoming available. It's a completely sensible approach. Everyone keeps acting like we have missed the boat or been sitting on our hands in failing to recruit a blue chip player that was never actually ever available to recruit, hence the constant fanboy wish lists of players that the broncos should sign that are not even off contract. Don't you think that the club wishes all these blue chip players were off contract too?

did they do last year when Maloney was of contact. ..

did they do last year when Maloney was of contact. ..
He wasn't off contract, he was signed by easts for 2013 in 2011, just after the broncos had finished the season in the grand final qualifier and everyone was praising hook and our roster of young stars!

He wasn't off contract, he was signed by easts for 2013 in 2011, just after the broncos had finished the season in the grand final qualifier and everyone was praising hook and our roster of young stars!

Didn't Lockyer play in 2011?

Bugger Hook, it's the Lockyer Effect as shown by the Manly loss when he didn't play.

And btw, just out of interest, the try Locky set up for T'eo v St George in the 2nd finals week was exactly what Prince did with Gillett in the 1st game v Titans this year.

We can do it ... we just do it once a blue moon

Last edited:

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.