Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Our second half kick off started it all, think it landed 20-30m out which got souths on a roll straight away and marched them down field after they scored we did the same kick off and same scenario happened

It wasn't quite that bad, actually. The kick-off after half-time was taken around the ten metre line, and the chase was fairly good, with the first tackle made about fourteen metres out. The second tackle was still inside the twenty, but it was the line speed and inability to stop momentum on the next three runs that saw them get it over the halfway line and put in a very good kick that Cobbo took just inside the field of play and saw him tackled around the ten.

That's really where it started to go bad. Walsh couldn't find anyone who wanted to take a hit-up and had to capitulate on tackle two. That's pretty unforgiveable immediately following the half-time break, and where we really missed Oates - he'd usually be there to take that first hit-up and grind out ten metres or more. Staggs took a scoot following that and made close to ten but got pushed back. It wasn't until then that forwards got involved, with Jensen and then Carrigan picking up about fifteen metres between them. Reynolds put a kick right down Mitchell's throat and he brought it back to the forty, and they scored off that set.

The kick-off following that try was taken on the ten again, and the first tackle made about two metres short of the twenty. That was a horror set where they just got a roll on immediately, and ended with Herbie's trip. And that was all she wrote.

I don't think the shorter, wider, higher kick-offs are a terribly bad tactic, and it's obviously designed to take the hard-running forward out of play and force the winger take the hit-up, or at best dish it to a forward with the defensive line already on top of them. Both times we had good chase, and should have been able to hold them within their own half, but the line speed and effective tackles just weren't there.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
I knew instantly that club was in trouble when their CEO sacked Hasler because of his own ego.
Yup, I actually feel sorry for Manly, their pain is only just beginning.

DCE is signed through 2025, if they turn to shit I can see him pulling the pin early. Plus, aiming to retire at 36 is pretty keen. Arey is copping shit for being NRL "old" and he's 32 (soon 33).

Turbo is one solid medical issue away from medical retirement. His body is having so many problems.

Siebold, hahaha where to start.

If I was a gambler, I'd be putting $50 on them being spooners in 2024.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Read, Badel, Meyn:

"During his controversial stint at the Broncos, Seibold was attacked by former Brisbane players, became the victim of cyber bullying and social media rumour mongering, and was compared to a “cancer” by a club shareholder."​
Pies:

“It wasn’t working. It wasn’t healthy at all for anybody. At the end of the day it was done. People like Karl Morris and the club were good people. I don’t want to look back too much.”​
Karl Morris, who has remained chums with Pies:
“I’ve never seen anything like it. The pressure he was under by all of those people and the relentlessness of it. When we did the investigation in relation to the social media issues, over 85 per cent of it was taken down within 24 hours. It was the beginning of the change in the way people saw and thought of sports people in terms of social media. It was not only unfair but also unkind. It was full-on and inconceivable to me that people would write certain things that they wrote. “There were a few people that should know better.”​
“I thought his time in Brisbane was very difficult for a number of reasons. There was Covid, his family remained in Sydney and it was post-Wayne. It wasn’t easy for him. History had showed he was a good coach. He was coach of the year in 2018. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and his experience at the Broncos was unbelievably unique in relation to a lot of things. Sometimes people land at a place at the wrong time. I was hoping that was the case when he was here at the Broncos because I know how stressful and awful it was for not only him, but all of us. I thought some time away from the game would help him learn some new skills and he could come back stronger somewhere else. I’m very pleased that he’s got another opportunity. I think he’s a good person.”​

Lockyer
“Well it was chaotic after Wayne left. There was a lot of movement of players and movement of staff. It created a very unstable organisation. I felt more than anyone for Anthony. He went through a hell of a lot in those two years and I am really happy for him to see he got another start at Manly. I hope his season goes well, just not in Magic Round. That just adds to the rivalry between Manly and the Broncos. Obviously there is the history from the first-ever game but now with Seibs coaching Manly he is up against Kevvie.”​

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Who remembers this magic round where the NRL absolutely ruined it by having multiple sin-bins every game?

There were 4 players binned in this one and we got absolutely fucked by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.