PRE-GAME PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2023] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
good interview on the CM with madden if @McHunt or someone who is good as summarising wants to take a look
Madden:

“A lot of teams are targeting the halves and I’m on debut for the Broncos. They will be coming at me but I will be ready for the occasion. You can think about it the big-game pressure of facing Souths like that, but I am going out there to do my job for the team. ‘Alf’ has helped me with confidence, going out there to back myself and play good football. He is a really good bloke to talk to. I spoke to ‘Kevvie’ and he kept saying just stay patient. He said, ‘Your time will come’ and here it is now. I get an opportunity, I can’t wait to get out there with the boys and do the Broncos jumper proud.”​
“The support is unreal, the history of this club is unbelievable and to be able to stay here long term is a goal of mine. Reyno has done everything in the game and shows how good he can steer a team around. If he is doing that, it allows me to play eyes-up football and run the ball.”​
“I came up here to learn from Reyno, Kevvie and Alf and those great players who have done everything in the game. I’ve learnt just watching Reyno’s game management, his kicking game and how he speaks to the boys in meetings. I want to be playing first grade week-in, week-out, that’s what I want to do, but I have to stay patient and keep learning.”​
"Reyno has that confidence in me, so learning from him day-in, day-out, watching him go about his business as well is really good."​
Walters:

"Jock Madden has been here for six months, waiting for his opportunity, he gets it tomorrow night. He had a couple of trial games for us and what I've seen him do at training and also in the in the Hostplus Cup [with Norths Devils], he's been stand-out player there, so I just see a lot of skill in him and he's very tough player as well, which he'll need to be all of that tomorrow night. He's got great skills, very tough, good speed, he kicks the ball well and he’ll need to tackle well tomorrow. Tomorrow night's game time for him and I'm really thrilled … the first time he's going to be wearing a Broncos jersey in an NRL fixture, so that's very exciting for him and the club."​
"He’s been very patient. He's been at the club six months now and so that's a long time, but it's great that he's playing, he's really excited. He’s got his family coming up from Sydney, so looking forward to a great performance from him tomorrow night."​
"I feel Adam's best football is still in front of him. We've seen some great signs from him this year, particularly, the last couple of weeks that he just knows how to get the boys around the park, he's enjoying himself and he's tackling well, which is the first time in his career. But he's thankfully for us, he's got a Broncos jersey on, not the other colour."​
“We went after him hard because we needed his leadership, his rugby league brains, his experience, all those things. And it's been so good for so many players in our club, he’s been great for the coaching staff as well, so here's a definite target for us and we're really thrilled that we've got him. Tomorrow night that he is playing against his former club ... (and) I remember way back when I changed clubs, you want to win and you want to play well to show everyone that you are the player that you are. And I'm sure he'll be in our in our top players"​

"I feel Adam's best football is still in front of him. We've seen some great signs from him this year, particularly, the last couple of weeks that he just knows how to get the boys around the park, he's enjoying himself and he's tackling well, which is the first time in his career. But he's thankfully for us, he's got a Broncos jersey on, not the other colour."​

🤣

Briers has the Broncos singling out opposition players who are prone to fatigue . eg ;Mo Fatoaka , Tino , Hodgson . Making them do repeat efforts and then unleash Walsh or Ezra at them . Burgess and Sele will be a targets .

It was amusing to hear the commentators wrapping Mo for his work rate . Nek minute Walsh steps him and runs through the middle of the Titans ruck .
Holbrooks bench use is diabolical. Even the selections of his bench. I'd get so frustrated if I was a titans fan.

Everything will change if we win this. Although we've sat atop the table since the season opener, no one thinks we deserve to be there. Somehow we're the underdogs tomorrow.

But if we win, we will become legitimate premiership favourites. We will be the team to beat. But why, will differ in the eye of the observer:

1. Outsiders see our success riding on the back of Payne Haas, with Reece Walsh something of a flash in the pan none saw coming. They can't see us winning without Haas. Full stop.

2. Fans value Payne, but we don't rate him anywhere near as highly. We've been more focused on the negatives that might explain the way we went out last season. Billy, Kotoni, Riki and more recently Palasia have been our scapegoats. Kotoni and Riki, and to some extent Billy, have risen to the criticism and we're now appreciating the positives of which Payne is only one. But we haven't forgotten the previous seasons. We're still bracing for a fall.

3. No one takes Kevvie seriously. He's not being bashed anymore, but he's not getting much credit either. Will a win change that? I think it might.

4. The spotlight has shifted from last years models Selwyn and Herbie, with Reece and Ezra stealing the thunder. Even Jesse Arthars has a fanbase. We see stars in every position. Outsiders only see Payne, and to a lesser extent, Reece. Some of us have even elevated absent journeyman Kobe Hetherington into a cult figure.

A win without Payne, on the back of a rookie half, will make the competition notice we're not a one man band. They'll turn to the page we're on, but without the nagging feeling it's all about to crumble.

A win without Payne, without Ezra, will confirm to us we do have a team of superstars, with depth in critical positions, and that nagging doubt might start to subside. And it also might ease the stress we're feeling about Payne's predicted defection to rugby.

Let's go Broncos. We need this one.

Everything will change if we win this. Although we've sat atop the table since the season opener, no one thinks we deserve to be there. Somehow we're the underdogs tomorrow.

But if we win, we will become legitimate premiership favourites. We will be the team to beat. But why, will differ in the eye of the observer:

1. Outsiders see our success riding on the back of Payne Haas, with Reece Walsh something of a flash in the pan none saw coming. They can't see us winning without Haas. Full stop.

2. Fans value Payne, but we don't rate him anywhere near as highly. We've been more focused on the negatives that might explain the way we went out last season. Billy, Kotoni, Riki and more recently Palasia have been our scapegoats. Kotoni and Riki, and to some extent Billy, have risen to the criticism and we're now appreciating the positives of which Payne is only one. But we haven't forgotten the previous seasons. We're still bracing for a fall.

3. No one takes Kevvie seriously. He's not being bashed anymore, but he's not getting much credit either. Will a win change that? I think it might.

4. The spotlight has shifted from last years models Selwyn and Herbie, with Reece and Ezra stealing the thunder. Even Jesse Arthars has a fanbase. We see stars in every position. Outsiders only see Payne, and to a lesser extent, Reece. Some of us have even elevated absent journeyman Kobe Hetherington into a cult figure.

A win without Payne, on the back of a rookie half, will make the competition notice we're not a one man band. They'll turn to the page we're on, but without the nagging feeling it's all about to crumble.

A win without Payne, without Ezra, will confirm to us we do have a team of superstars, with depth in critical positions, and that nagging doubt might start to subside. And it also might ease the stress we're feeling about Payne's predicted defection to rugby.

Let's go Broncos. We need this one.
This might just be your best post ever on this forum, mate. Excellent.

I'm excited to see what Madden can do. He's going to be hungry and chomping at the bit to sink his teeth into the meat of the game. Hope he tears it to shreds and goes for the kills.
I know you’re doing one of your weird pun things but fckd if I can tell what the joke is

Piakura and Mariner are the remaining reserves. I wonder if we might see Riki subbed for Piakura late. Riki seems a bit banged up, he might benefit from rest.

Piakura and Mariner are the remaining reserves. I wonder if we might see Riki subbed for Piakura late. Riki seems a bit banged up, he might benefit from rest.
He looked well below his best last game... groin injury must've been hampering him.

I swapped my cream early arvo job tomorrow for a crappy, earlier one just so I can be home in time to watch this live.

Now watch us lose.

Well according to kewwie valters interview on the Broncos website Riki is confirmed to be playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.