Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Rabbitohs

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are worse outs we could have than Mam but we will notice the difference without Haas.

We’ll always be a good chance vs the Rabbitohs while we’ve got Reynolds in the squad though.

Will be room through Walker at anytime and when their middle rotation comes on if we can make Murray work himself to death early on.

This game is a good test to my theory that you don't need Payne Haas to win games, thus paying Haas over $1m per season is not good value. Although losing Mam is not ideal we still have Reynolds to hold the fort. Can't wait for this match to start.

This game is a good test to my theory that you don't need Payne Haas to win games, thus paying Haas over $1m per season is not good value. Although losing Mam is not ideal we still have Reynolds to hold the fort. Can't wait for this match to start.
The thing about a guy like Payne is that he stands up. He is a figure people look to, and having him in the team but not playing still has a psychological effect of "next man up". If he is not in the squad at all, that responsibility falls on someone else's shoulders, which may not be as reliable/consistent.
Flegler isn't that guy. Jensen isn't really either. Patty is. Palasia no. Marty maybe but not to the same level. Marty has clearly taken a backseat to Payne and Patty (which is super smart from him).
So, while we might not need Payne on the field every game, having him in the team is still great. He sets the standard, and his replacement simply has to live up to that every so often.
Having Payne and Patty is immense for more than just their stats.

This could be a very high scoring match Haha

Meh just score 19+ points.

This will be a good one to see where we are at mentally. Knowing we have some big names out will everyone else try and step up? Or will they sit back lost waiting for the big Hass/Oates charges which just aren't coming.

I'm hopeful with Mam and Hass out might ease us off trying to score off every play. Just grind the game out and play for possession and field position given we don't quiet have the strike and power we normally do.

It's a big chance for Madden and i hope he takes it. Mam would be at the top of every sides tip sheet for running and throwing a dummy. Madden may however get a free throw at the stumps so i hope he takes the line on quiet a bit in the hope the opposition aren't prepared for his running game.

Kind of like what he did to us last year.

So after reading everyone’s positivity… we’re all in agreement, Broncos will smash these pricks?! Good.
🔥🔥🔥⬆️ Boys, get excited, not long to go now!!!

Yeah, this year all the team's forms have been hard to pick. Basically every game, including the Tigers, is up for grabs. Rabbitohs haven't been world beaters but they can be if Latrell actually tries from kick-off. They love space and we usually give teams plenty of room to run and that gives Latrell free reign. I would have been relatively confident with Haas and Oates playing but think we'll get dominated in the middle.

I'm nervous.

Keenan / Marty / Kobe / Thomas / Corey / Patrick and Billiam are gonna rise to the occasion and smash them Bunnies .

The thing about a guy like Payne is that he stands up. He is a figure people look to, and having him in the team but not playing still has a psychological effect of "next man up". If he is not in the squad at all, that responsibility falls on someone else's shoulders, which may not be as reliable/consistent.
Flegler isn't that guy. Jensen isn't really either. Patty is. Palasia no. Marty maybe but not to the same level. Marty has clearly taken a backseat to Payne and Patty (which is super smart from him).
So, while we might not need Payne on the field every game, having him in the team is still great. He sets the standard, and his replacement simply has to live up to that every so often.
Having Payne and Patty is immense for more than just their stats.

We won without Payne last year and as a team we were worse than this year. Carrigan hit the nail on the head. Whoever comes in doesnt have to be Payne Haas, they just have to do their job. I think the only player we will struggle without is Reynolds. We just dont have another option imo who can do what he does.

Think nein will be the channel of choice tonight

Probably late to this observation, but just saw we have Klein again, and Atkins in the box 🫠

Reynolds will know exactly how to puppeteer Mitchell. No dramas at all
Reynolds said in a interview on triple.m they need to make him run. I'd say it's going to be a big part of the game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • sooticus
  • Aldo
  • The Don
  • Cavalo
  • Maroon4life
  • ettybay
  • Brotherdu
  • marw
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.