Qld second team could beat nsw

I

isaiah

BRL Player
Feb 21, 2016
With ofahengaue and Oates leading the way. So much depth in our qld eligible players right now. Bateman from the raiders, etc

I reckon you’d be hard pressed to find enough players for a second team with injuries at present.

Yeah no way buddy.

They have a far superior forward pack, and arguably better backs in form.

Heard the reporters talking before the WB presser and one commented there are only 57 qlders in the nrl so everyones a good chance of playing origin !

Yeah, I don't see it.

Ball is squarely in Freddy's court this year. NSW have QLD covered pretty much everywhere other than at FB and centre (Chambers).

If Smith was still playing, the disparity between him and any of the Blues' options is vast, but he's decided to sulk off into the sunset.

If Fittler picks the team he should, QLD is going to be well up against it. The old guard is virtually gone. Only GI and Slater remain of the core side that built the dynasty. There'll be fight in them but huge ask for them to pull it off.

Imagine how the Blues would get eaten alive if they couldn’t beat this injury hit and legendless team

Yeah, I don't see it.

Ball is squarely in Freddy's court this year. NSW have QLD covered pretty much everywhere other than at FB and centre (Chambers).

If Smith was still playing, the disparity between him and any of the Blues' options is vast, but he's decided to sulk off into the sunset.

If Fittler picks the team he should, QLD is going to be well up against it. The old guard is virtually gone. Only GI and Slater remain of the core side that built the dynasty. There'll be fight in them but huge ask for them to pull it off.

I'd say our halves are considerably better too.

You could certainly argue that but it is Munster + ?. Cleary is a gun and if NSW pick him (which they should), they have a far better halfback than Q;d have available.

Qld have a gun backline and more than serviceable forwards though. NSW have better forwards on paper but Qld's are not as far behind as some may think. This is certainly a far more uncertain series.

Still four legends left - Slater, GI, Scott and Boyd.

1st team / 2nd team:

1. Slater / Ponga
2. Oates / MacDonald
3. Inglis / Opacic
4. Chambers / Boyd
5. Gagai / Holmes
6. Munster / Milford
7. Morgan / Cherry-Evans
8. Scott / Ofahengaue
9. McCullough / Friend
10. Napa / Glasby
11. Kaufusi / Cooper
12. Gillett / Su'A
13. McGuire / Arrow

14. Hunt / Granville
15. Wallace / Thaiday
16. Papalii / Sims
17. Hess / Guerra

You could certainly argue that but it is Munster + ?. Cleary is a gun and if NSW pick him (which they should), they have a far better halfback than Q;d have available.

Qld have a gun backline and more than serviceable forwards though. NSW have better forwards on paper but Qld's are not as far behind as some may think. This is certainly a far more uncertain series.

Still four legends left - Slater, GI, Scott and Boyd.
Well, neither combination is set in stone, but if it's Maloney/Cleary against Munster/Hunt, I'd give the edge to the Blues.

Re: Boyd and Scott, I expect Boyd will miss the cut, and thought Scott was going to be sidelined with MCL. Aside from that, I think it's a huge issue to lose Smith for both his on field performance and leadership. As we saw against Manly, he makes such a difference to the composure of a side. No disrespect to Slater of GI but they can't hold a candle to him in that respect.

Just for shits and giggles, what would the 2nd QLD team be this year? Assuming the first team is -

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis (c)
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Scott
9. McCullough
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Hess
16. Wallace
17. Arrow

Second team would have to be -

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Leutele
5. Feldt
6. Milford
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Glasby
9. Friend (c)
10. Ofahengaue
11. Cooper
12. Guerra
13. Bukuya

14. Granville
15. Welch
16. Bateman
17. Bolton

Just for shits and giggles, what would the 2nd QLD team be this year? Assuming the first team is -

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis (c)
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Scott
9. McCullough
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Hess
16. Wallace
17. Arrow

Second team would have to be -

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Leutele
5. Feldt
6. Milford
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Glasby
9. Friend (c)
10. Ofahengaue
11. Cooper
12. Guerra
13. Bukuya

14. Granville
15. Welch
16. Bateman
17. Bolton

And for the sadists amongst you, here's the potential third team, avert your eyes.

1. Mbye
2. Sami
3. Copley
4. O'Neill
5. MacDonald
6. Norman
7. Taylor
8. Lillyman
9. Segeyaro
10. Thaiday
11. Martin
12. Su'A
13. Lowe

14. Mann
15. Capewell
16. Sims
17. Felise

And for the sadists amongst you, here's the potential third team, avert your eyes.

1. Mbye
2. Sami
3. Copley
4. O'Neill
5. MacDonald
6. Norman
7. Taylor
8. Lillyman
9. Segeyaro
10. Thaiday
11. Martin
12. Su'A
13. Lowe

14. Mann
15. Capewell
16. Sims
17. Felise
That side would have trouble beating the titans... our depth is a bit depressing...

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • theshed
  • mrslong
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Footy Fanatic
  • davidp
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • sooticus
  • bazza
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.