Queensland Cup 2022

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
What are your thoughts on Piakura? @1910

Was just looking through his numbers in QCUP last year, can't say they're awe inspiring for someone of his stature. Comparatively to someone like Heilum Luki up at the Cowboys, his QCUP numbers were awesome last season.

Is Piakura a bit further away than we think, or are the numbers not doing him justice?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Piakura didn't set the world on fire but he had a few games where he really stood out. Unfortunately injuries and the disrupted nature of the competition worked against him.

Also worth noting that Luki is a year older so naturally is further along in his development.

But yeah he certainly didn't turn heads like Mam did.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I was pretty impressed with Farr for Wynnum in Q Cup last year, decent fullback option. He's got some brain snaps in him but has a lot to build on.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
What are your thoughts on Piakura? @1910

Was just looking through his numbers in QCUP last year, can't say they're awe inspiring for someone of his stature. Comparatively to someone like Heilum Luki up at the Cowboys, his QCUP numbers were awesome last season.

Is Piakura a bit further away than we think, or are the numbers not doing him justice?

518 minutes-less than six and a half games since October 2019.

I don't think he ever put attack and defence together in 21. His best attacking game was against Souths off Gamble, but his best defence was against the Hunters where he made lots of great last ditch efforts to stop the big boys- He's a classic Clyde tackler and I think if he can string 20 games together you will see that more and more.

I think he needs a good run of 60-70 minutes in ISC.

I would love to see 25 games this season, whatever the make up of that I don't really care but just some football.

Since 2019, sin binned, suspended, knocked out in the finals, misses a Grand Final and Covid- he's just had nothing.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Over in the NSW Cup it might interest fans to know that two former Broncos Myles Taueli (Cronulla) and James Segeyaro (Manly) were in action.

I would not be shocked to see Segs back in the NRL.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Alec McDonald on for Storm. Wynnum Colt last year scored nine tries. Only played three Cup games.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Was intending to watch Souths- Mozer but it's more the Gray report.

Leilua off load- low and at the ankles of Gray, he picks it up doesn't lose speed keeps running past the Wynnum fullback to score running 40m.

Brilliant hands and feet.

Mozer ran to dummy half and I noticed he tapped the big huge forward on the arse as he went past- to indicate get ready I am coming back. The forward took longer than the five seconds to compute and when Mozer came back to him and he wasn't ready he just steadies himself and rolls it into the ingoal for a repeat set- then goes and talks to the prop.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Souths running riot.

Two minutes into second half- Gray first receiver from the scrum throws a lovely ball for Vavela to score.

Five minutes later Mozer goes the short side to Gray, Gray speeds off the mark and straight past everyone to score probably ran 50m.

Mozer try backing up the middle.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Souths running riot.

Two minutes into second half- Gray first receiver from the scrum throws a lovely ball for Vavela to score.

Five minutes later Mozer goes the short side to Gray, Gray speeds off the mark and straight past everyone to score probably ran 50m.

Mozer try backing up the middle.
okay brother keep it in your pants 🤣😆. Nah but they are promising signs from them. Should both get cup debut's this year you think?

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

Leilua off load- low and at the ankles of Gray, he picks it up doesn't lose speed keeps running past the Wynnum fullback to score running 40m.

Mozer ran to dummy half and I noticed he tapped the big huge forward on the arse as he went past- to indicate get ready I am coming back. The forward took longer than the five seconds to compute and when Mozer came back to him and he wasn't ready he just steadies himself and rolls it into the ingoal for a repeat set- then goes and talks to the prop.
That last paragraph put a huge fucking smile on my face. Great to hear, sounds like a footy player down to his absolute bones

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Poor prop. Thought he was getting lucky.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
So who are the ones to watch in the Broncos’ feeder clubs this season? Will Blake Mozer play Qld Cup this yr ?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Great write up on Josh James. I am still interested in his whole situation. I thought he went well last year and certainly showed enough at ISC level for someone to think he's worth a top 30.

Josh James on debut for Souths this week. Very steady minded player. He was impressive last year through lock down and kept training with the Broncos. Great leader and very impressive half.

Was captain of a very strong Queensland U18 side in 2019 with Walker, Coates, Simpkin, Walsh, Piakura and Howarth all on the verge of playing NRL or already done it now.

I read his quotes- honestly could he sound anymore professional and steady?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I know it's a 58-6 win and Souths looked awesome but fullback Tim Sielaff-Burns on second viewing did some great returns with the ball. His try was just backing up the break down the right hand side but he got hit high in running to score, was calm got up and ran the next 10m to put the ball down- didn't lose his mind about the high shot.

Souths spine is just dramatically good at the moment.

Kicked 9 goals too.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I know it's a 58-6 win and Souths looked awesome but fullback Tim Sielaff-Burns on second viewing did some great returns with the ball. His try was just backing up the break down the right hand side but he got hit high in running to score, was calm got up and ran the next 10m to put the ball down- didn't lose his mind about the high shot.

Souths spine is just dramatically good at the moment.

Kicked 9 goals too.

154m
three line breaks
nine goals
1 try

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Norths' 6 Karl Olaopu very good defence against Bears- 24 tackles. A game that Devils won 42-34 you'd expect poor defence from the half.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manlyman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.