RLWC 2021 Week 2 Discussion

Good win from Lebanon.

They started the game slowly with Ireland dominating possession and field position but they weathered the storm and once they got some field position, their high intensity style of play was too much for Ireland to handle. Moses put on a clinic, tearing them to shreds and Lebanon ran away to a 20-4 lead at half time.

It was a very similar start to the second half by Lebanon and Ireland managed to nab a try to close the gap to 10, but it didn’t take long for Lebanon to regain control of the match and when they did Ireland had no answers. Lebanon finishing the game with a 32-14 win.

With Ireland taking on NZ next match and Lebanon taking on Jamaica, they’re very likely going to finish runner up in their group.

Good win from Lebanon.

They started the game slowly with Ireland dominating possession and field position but they weathered the storm and once they got some field position, their high intensity style of play was too much for Ireland to handle. Moses put on a clinic, tearing them to shreds and Lebanon ran away to a 20-4 lead at half time.

It was a very similar start to the second half by Lebanon and Ireland managed to nab a try to close the gap to 10, but it didn’t take long for Lebanon to regain control of the match and when they did Ireland had no answers. Lebanon finishing the game with a 32-14 win.

With Ireland taking on NZ next match and Lebanon taking on Jamaica, they’re very likely going to finish runner up in their group.
Ireland had 2 mega grubs, knew they couldn't win so just tried to injure players instead. Ref should've sent them.

Also lol @ Keary being a salty **** and not shaking hands end of the game

Why though? I didn't watch the game and it doesn't excuse it but surely something happened between them?

One thing i'm getting a bit tired of is the lauding of Cleary for a performance against Scotland. I'll repeat that, SCOTLAND!

He had a good game, but they are talking about it as if it was one of the all time great performances of all time. If i saw Locky, or JT, or Cam Smith play like that i wouldnt be getting carried away because its exactly what i'd expect from a top player playing against Scotland.

One thing i'm getting a bit tired of is the lauding of Cleary for a performance against Scotland. I'll repeat that, SCOTLAND!

He had a good game, but they are talking about it as if it was one of the all time great performances of all time. If i saw Locky, or JT, or Cam Smith play like that i wouldnt be getting carried away because its exactly what i'd expect from a top player playing against Scotland.

couldn't agree more ...

the media were making out like he was Locky, JT and Joey combined.

while he played well, i didn't see anything really spectacular from him ...

couldn't agree more ...

the media were making out like he was Locky, JT and Joey combined.

while he played well, i didn't see anything really spectacular from him ...

I think he had a good game, and you can only play against the opposition in front of you, but it wasnt some world class performance against a good side, Australia were playing a side that wouldnt trouble a Queensland cup side.

Fair enough about the quality of opposition, but Cleary was still really good as he is pretty well every week.

Bit of a throwback, I just realised Ollie Olds is the five-eighth for Wales in the World Cup.

Anyone remember that name? He signed very briefly for the Ipswich Jets and was linked to the Broncos a few times in ~2013 or so.

Why though? I didn't watch the game and it doesn't excuse it but surely something happened between them?

I think he smashed Keary a couple of times when kicking. Nothing really stands out though to say that was the moment Keary was pissed off about.

It was an aggressive game. Ireland forwards, the #11 Bentley especially, were out there to bash Lebanon. Not all of them responded, but there were a couple of Lebanese players that did and gave it right back.

I think he smashed Keary a couple of times when kicking. Nothing really stands out though to say that was the moment Keary was pissed off about.

It was an aggressive game. Ireland forwards, the #11 Bentley especially, were out there to bash Lebanon. Not all of them responded, but there were a couple of Lebanese players that did and gave it right back.
Byrne the #8 that got binned and was cheap-shotting everyone all match too

You’d expect Tesi should have a big game this morning

Tonga vs Wales coming up.

Should be an easy win for Tonga.

Niu almost scores the first try.

Bit of a bad bounce for him. I don't think he was expecting the Wales player to knock it on.

Kasey Badger continuing to show how average of a ref she is.

How she saw a strip there, I do not know.

Why didn't he pass it?

He had a winger unmarked but he goes himself and gets held up.

Bombed try for Wales. Selfish.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • The True King
  • Santa
  • Thelmus
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.