PRE-GAME Round 1 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

This isn't round 1 related but where would be the best place to park around suncor for Cowboys game in Round 2
Hey mate, I'm a bit of a veteran when it comes to this. I find it easier to park on nearby streets of Auchenflower station (there's always plenty) then it's only one stop to Milton (2 mins).

I will be most keen to see if Seibold has addressed 2 basic weaknesses in our game which Bennett failed to do, that Bellamy so expertly, and consistently exploited: slow and lazy marker defence allowing the Storm to dominate the middle, and a failure to mark up closely on Ado-Carr and Vunivalu. For mine, those 2 areas will be where this game will be won or lost.

I will be most keen to see if Seibold has addressed 2 basic weaknesses in our game which Bennett failed to do, that Bellamy so expertly, and consistently exploited: slow and lazy marker defence allowing the Storm to dominate the middle, and a failure to mark up closely on Ado-Carr and Vunivalu. For mine, those 2 areas will be where this game will be won or lost.
I was at last years game at suncorp and saw the Storm wingers carve us up.
But I think Bellamy will do something different this time because he is too smart to go to the same well more than once.
Agree we definitely need to improve our marker defence though.

I was at last years game at suncorp and saw the Storm wingers carve us up.
But I think Bellamy will do something different this time because he is too smart to go to the same well more than once.
Agree we definitely need to improve our marker defence though.

Well, watching our defence in the Titans trial did not particularly instill me with confidence, especially the 3 tries they scored in the vacant lots we called our wings, and up the middle we were just slow to form and re-form our defensive structures.

I reckon Bellamy's game plan will be pretty much the same as always against us, well ... or any team for that matter, just that we seem more vulnerable to it than a lot of other sides: get the ball to the fastest man in the league ASAP, and give the other winger who is one of the very best under the high ball lots of kicks, and with Smith testing the markers.

For mine, if Oates or Isaako leave their opposites unmarked, they get dropped.

This will be interesting to see if Seibold will have the guys fixing the ruck. Storm always made us look like weaker 12yr olds in this area.

This isn't round 1 related but where would be the best place to park around suncor for Cowboys game in Round 2
Auchenflower, Taringa, Toowong, any suburb going towards Ipswich. Plenty of tv monitored, well lit railway carparks, jump on a train, straight out the door at Milton. Best advice you'll get I reckon.

Last edited:
I've got a bit of faith we are going to turn them over. Watched their game against the Cows last week and i know it was only a trial, but something doesnt look right with them. They lacked cohesion, looked very ponderous and just not their usual methodical, clinical selves. Could be reading too much into it, but i dont think even having Cam Smith there is going to help them finish top 4 this year.
Same happened last year in their preseason slash game with them. They got done but they always start the real competition as professionals

Depends on which direction you are coming from.

If the Northside, Office Car Park on Little Cribb St. $20 parking. It's easier to avoid a lot of the traffic and crowd after the game parking there.

Alternatively, you could park at Brisbane Transit Centre for $12.50. About a 5 min walk to the stadium. It's a **** to get out of after the game, though.

Same happened last year in their preseason slash game with them. They got done but they always start the real competition as professionals

I do agree with you on how they usually do that, but i've got this feeling something isnt right this year with them. Still a good side, but i'm actually leaning towards them not even making the top 4 this year.

Hate to spoil everyone's dream, but just to let everyone know, it will be Milford's 1st hit-out this year since last years exit of the final series so he will probably be very rusty and his defence will show this, also coming back from surgery will also play on his confidence. Will need at least 3-4 matches under his belt to build his confidence. Hopefully Niko can run the team.

Hate to spoil everyone's dream, but just to let everyone know, it will be Milford's 1st hit-out this year since last years exit of the final series so he will probably be very rusty and his defence will show this, also coming back from surgery will also play on his confidence. Will need at least 3-4 matches under his belt to build his confidence. Hopefully Niko can run the team.

Have to agree
I’m also worried about Flegler as he is being thrown in the deep end. The same thing happened with Haas last year and he came to grief. Not saying Flegler shouldn’t get a run as he has to start sometime but I will be keeping my fingers crossed he comes through unscathed.

Have to agree
I’m also worried about Flegler as he is being thrown in the deep end. The same thing happened with Haas last year and he came to grief. Not saying Flegler shouldn’t get a run as he has to start sometime but I will be keeping my fingers crossed he comes through unscathed.

Fleger has that lunatic element to his game that Payne doesnt. I wouldnt worry about him at all. Plus he doesnt quite have the hype around him Payne does either so he doesnt have that same high profile up and coming youngster target on his head either.

Time for the fear of the Storm to be over. 24-16.

If we win by 50 I’m hoping to see the head line, the seibold and the beautiful. With a picture of all the boys celebrating in jubilation, and a blurred cam Smith with head down in the background

Should we win, I want every second of Bellyache’s Blowup Cam™ to play on a loop

Haas came to grief? he got injured because he wasn’t ready to play against men? That’s like saying sonny bill had lots of early injuries because he did too many weights while his teenage body was still growing

Active Now

• Inknition
  • Bucking Beads
  • Griffo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Maddy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Stix
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.