Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Kobe is definitely the Lock for us, Carrigan should of always been a prop.
I think Kobe was going to be our lock after his form in the trials, but he got covid before round 1 so I think Kevvie eased him into the season and went with Patty.

I didn't see too much different between Patty tonight versus Patty to start the year... he was running with intent (remember early rounds he was following up Haas' hit ups 1 for 1) and tonight he was involved with some passing through the middle.

With Flegler back and Jensen performing well I think Kevvie will be able to spread the minutes a bit better across Patty and Haas... although hopefully we will start to see more minutes out of Kobe soon, as he's currently averaging about 40mins a game. If we can get Kobe up to 50-60mins a game it would be huge for our middle rotation.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Kobe is definitely the Lock for us, Carrigan should of always been a prop.
Definitely should have been, but wasn't physically there. I think he's really hitting a good playing weight for prop now. Speedy but solid.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I think Kobe was going to be our lock after his form in the trials, but he got covid before round 1 so I think Kevvie eased him into the season and went with Patty.

I didn't see too much different between Patty tonight versus Patty to start the year... he was running with intent (remember early rounds he was following up Haas' hit ups 1 for 1) and tonight he was involved with some passing through the middle.

With Flegler back and Jensen performing well I think Kevvie will be able to spread the minutes a bit better across Patty and Haas... although hopefully we will start to see more minutes out of Kobe soon, as he's currently averaging about 40mins a game. If we can get Kobe up to 50-60mins a game it would be huge for our middle rotation.
I just like Kobe's ball playing, he can play a Pivot better then Carrigan who's strengths are better suited to Prop(though he isn't terrible at it), plus we need Pattys offloading as a prop because we don't get it from Haas and Flegs can be Error prone doing it, but they will still need to find a good rotation with it since Kobe hasn't got the stamina to stay there, the Rotation lock position is still a question mark.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Wasn't he available tonight? I thought it was already done.
Named 24 - might have been a touch and go inclusion depending on how he pulled up from a contact session after the squad was named.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
If Turps comes back watch him replace Paix, I can see it already.

but I'm hoping Kevvie sees the light, if you show him that he is out of favour maybe he takes his contract to Redcliffe.

Though we have 2 hookers in the game squad right now, any injury and we are in trouble if he goes.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
If Turps comes back watch him replace Paix, I can see it already.

but I'm hoping Kevvie sees the light, if you show him that he is out of favour maybe he takes his contract to Redcliffe.

Though we have 2 hookers in the game squad right now, any injury and we are in trouble if he goes.

If Kev makes any changes to a side that has won three in a row for the first time since 2019 he deserves whatever he gets in response.

Thankfully he won't.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Payne might be the most acclaimed prop in the NRL, but we won the wooden spoon with him, and this is how we look when he's unavailable. If you're wondering whether he's worth a billion dollars a season to us, here's your answer:

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
This game will be a big scrap! Des will be aiming for his guys to rattle us. If we can survive that, we win.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
Payne might be the most acclaimed prop in the NRL, but we won the wooden spoon with him, and this is how we look when he's unavailable. If you're wondering whether he's worth a billion dollars a season to us, here's your answer:

Loved his dance & huge smile in the celebration too.
He's starting to really like it here😊

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I feel like once we have our forwards all fit and firing, our starting pack and bench are better than anyone bar Melbourne, Penrith and North Queensland and I think we match them all comfortably.

Alex Wingnut

Alex Wingnut

NYC Player
Jan 7, 2021
I feel like once we have our forwards all fit and firing, our starting pack and bench are better than anyone bar Melbourne, Penrith and North Queensland and I think we match them all comfortably.
I wouldn't be putting the NQ pack in there just yet tbh, they haven't really been tested have only played 2 top 8 teams.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
I'd say potentially this could be reality, but we've got a ways to go yet. Our pack lack a lot of polish but the raw ingredients are there and even in the space of the 9 games this year improving each week.

I fear the difference will come down to coaching and the will to give everything and then some for the jersey.

Some of the high intensity periods we've seen in games recently, even against the panthers. We stuck with them for a good period of time then got the wobbles. They were just as tired, but are so conditioned to digging that bit deeper and finding that extra 3-4%, that extra step, that extra tackle, that extra support runner.

What we saw in the rabbitohs game - for example the ARey try, that was a team backing each other up, there fighting for one another. That needs to be fostered and have a spotlight shone on it in training as a defining moment of what will change the fortunes of this team. Those moments need to be the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • The Don
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.