Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd say potentially this could be reality, but we've got a ways to go yet. Our pack lack a lot of polish but the raw ingredients are there and even in the space of the 9 games this year improving each week.

I fear the difference will come down to coaching and the will to give everything and then some for the jersey.

Some of the high intensity periods we've seen in games recently, even against the panthers. We stuck with them for a good period of time then got the wobbles. They were just as tired, but are so conditioned to digging that bit deeper and finding that extra 3-4%, that extra step, that extra tackle, that extra support runner.

What we saw in the rabbitohs game - for example the ARey try, that was a team backing each other up, there fighting for one another. That needs to be fostered and have a spotlight shone on it in training as a defining moment of what will change the fortunes of this team. Those moments need to be the norm.

Well said and it feels like this attitude is the new norm. It has been happening since the Roosters game I reckon which means this has been going on now for about 6 weeks. We started the season clunky but what we are seeing now really is a build on the back end of last year. It really does feel like this is the trajectory we've been waiting for. It is exciting.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Well said and it feels like this attitude is the new norm. It has been happening since the Roosters game I reckon which means this has been going on now for about 6 weeks. We started the season clunky but what we are seeing now really is a build on the back end of last year. It really does feel like this is the trajectory we've been waiting for. It is exciting.
Yup, I questioned a few weeks ago whether this was our back-end-of-last-year-improvement coming earlier this year or a flash in the pan. I think we've got our answer.

Reyno fills a massive leadership chasm we've had for years - that cool head is SO important. The boys are realising that there's nothing superhuman about the other teams (bar perhaps Storm/Panthers) and we can be just as good as they are. We're still a long way off being a serious challenger for a title but the signs are really good.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I wouldn't be putting the NQ pack in there just yet tbh, they haven't really been tested have only played 2 top 8 teams.
And one of those were rorters who absolutely smashed them.

The other was parra last week and was basically a home game given it was in about 95% humidity. They played well against eels, but I want to see how they go against a real challenge like Panthers and Storm.

The only other game they've had outside qld was against Canberra and they were well behind heading into the second half before raiders crashed in a spectacular heap.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Schuster won’t play and neither will Saab. Couple of big outs for them. Schuster on the left was really good last week. Hopefully Turbo pulls up sore and doesn’t play either haha

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Schuster won’t play and neither will Saab. Couple of big outs for them. Schuster on the left was really good last week. Hopefully Turbo pulls up sore and doesn’t play either haha
Shuster is a big out and to a lesser degree so too is Saab. If Lang Park is hard and dry I'm thinking it will play heavily on Turbo's mind as he's just coming back from injury and might, just might be a wee bit underdone. i thought the same about our Patty, but he absolutely exploded that myth on Thursday night.

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Team next week🙏
1. Martin
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Gamble ( but want Walters)
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. Paix
10. Hass
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington
14. Mam (He could be absolutely anything)
15. Jensen
16. Flegler
17. Palasia

The only changes will be Haas and Capewell into the starting side with Flegler, Jensen and Paix certainties on the bench. Then it'll be TC Robati, Palisia or Kennedy on the bench. I lean towards TC due to needing balance and not 3 middles on the bench.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
The only changes will be Haas and Capewell into the starting side with Flegler, Jensen and Paix certainties on the bench. Then it'll be TC Robati, Palisia or Kennedy on the bench. I lean towards TC due to needing balance and not 3 middles on the bench.
We have to decide between 3 in form forwards for 1 bench spot.... who would have thought we'd be in that scenario a month ago

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
This is a big game because if we can win it we can set ourselves up for a big run.
We then have knights, titans and raiders so we could go on a six match winning run which would potentially put us in the top 4.
How long since we have won 6 in a row?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
This is a big game because if we can win it we can set ourselves up for a big run.
We then have knights, titans and raiders so we could go on a six match winning run which would potentially put us in the top 4.
How long since we have won 6 in a row?
We still have to get past Turbo and DCE just to get 4 in a row... let's keep an eye on that first.

I think the last time this kind of chatter was going on was before the cows game

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Manly were dominant in their game today but still conceded 22 points to the Tigers. They defend like that against us and they lose.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Can everyone stop getting ahead of themselves with a big winning streak. Means shit all if we lose next week and go back to the shitter. One game at a time thank you. Start talking about big winning streaks when you win more than a couple games in a row.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
How did manly look today? I couldn’t watch the game

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Can everyone stop getting ahead of themselves with a big winning streak. Means shit all if we lose next week and go back to the shitter. One game at a time thank you. Start talking about big winning streaks when you win more than a couple games in a row.
Can't we be happy for just a moment...?

Why won't you let us be happy?

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

TimWhatley

TimWhatley

QCup Player
Dec 1, 2019
How did manly look today? I couldn’t watch the game
They look like a borderline top 8 team atm. Forwards are running hard and DCE is in good form but defence is pretty average. If Turbo plays well we might get beat.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Can't we be happy for just a moment...?

Why won't you let us be happy?

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor
There’s a difference between being happy and arrogant. We have a game next week that we have to show up to pull off another victory and you guys are running round talking about our round 14 fixture against the Raiders capping off a 7 game winning streak. We can be happy but being in the 8 right now doesn’t mean shit if we become complacent and end the season outside of it. What happened last time you geniuses talked about an inevitable winning streak. We lost the next 4 straight which featured the Cows and Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • BooKhaki
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • Jedhead
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.