PRE-GAME [Round 11, 2024] Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
With Cobbo at fullback I hope we don't go too sideways.

I feel like we try to keep our same game plan even when Cobbo is back there, but I don't think ball playing is a strength for him... he has silky quick hands, but whenever he's out the back of shape he doesn't look all that comfortable.

We need to figure out a way to play when Cobbo is back there vs Walsh or Sailor... I'm not sure if we have the smarts to do that just yet though... especially when the entire team is patchwork at the moment.
Yea Cobbo just needs to play to his strengths and run over people. My main concern is how it will affect our defence, and if he can quickly accommodate to all the extra running.

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
With Cobbo at fullback I hope we don't go too sideways.

I feel like we try to keep our same game plan even when Cobbo is back there, but I don't think ball playing is a strength for him... he has silky quick hands, but whenever he's out the back of shape he doesn't look all that comfortable.

We need to figure out a way to play when Cobbo is back there vs Walsh or Sailor... I'm not sure if we have the smarts to do that just yet though... especially when the entire team is patchwork at the moment.
We can't go more sideways that Walsh does, to add to his couple of poor passes over the sideline.

I love watching him, but for every great play, Walsh has a dumb one.

Cobbo doesn't need to try be the same and I don't think he will. I don't think his support play will be as good as Walsh, just due to his size and fatigue factor, but if he can get his positioning right in defence, I think in attack he could be just as effective as Walsh, but for different reasons. He's not as elusive as Walsh is, but he will attract multiple defenders similar to Walsh and he has show that his hands are great this season. He could create a lot of opportunities for those around him.

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023
Let's Go Broncos Jersey on. So everyone should I get A. The away Jersey B. The Diamonds Jersey or C. The Anzac Jersey

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
We can't go more sideways that Walsh does, to add to his couple of poor passes over the sideline.

I love watching him, but for every great play, Walsh has a dumb one.

Cobbo doesn't need to try be the same and I don't think he will. I don't think his support play will be as good as Walsh, just due to his size and fatigue factor, but if he can get his positioning right in defence, I think in attack he could be just as effective as Walsh, but for different reasons. He's not as elusive as Walsh is, but he will attract multiple defenders similar to Walsh and he has show that his hands are great this season. He could create a lot of opportunities for those around him.
I'm not saying that Cobbo is trying to be the same as Walsh more that the team as a whole end up playing the same style regardless of who is back there... which is fine for Walsh and Sailor as they are similar ball playing fullbacks, but that's not Cobbo's strength.

We have to play a completely different style as a team when Cobbo is back there and I hope they have realised it.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Not sure where to put this.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not sure where to put this.
View attachment 27902
And so it should ... weather, location (SEQ), the stadium and Caxton St make it a great location to have that many people at once whilst also keeping them entertained.

If it was at Melbourne it would have to be the MCG or Marvel I'm guessing??

You've got AFL to fight for access over 3 days, plus oval stadiums are shit to watch footy at.

Optus in Perth is a long ass flight and may deter 150k people heading there... because let's face it 95% of the crowd will be from the east coast... and it's an oval stadium.

NZ would be at Wellington im guessing?? Needs to be a big stadium. I think it's an oval as well?? But I think if they were going to send it anywhere that should be the next best preference. Time slots would need to be a consideration in NZ though... 8pm AEST is 10pm in NZ, so Friday and Saturday night games arent finishing until basically midnight local time and Sunday night is finishing 1030 local time... might be a ghost town for those late games

Sydney does not need it... they should be holding mini Magic Rounds multiple times throughout the year with double and triple headers at one of their stadiums. If they start to get traction and interest for them then maybe think about a Sydney Magic Round.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
They should do three magic weekends - one in Brissy of course, one in Sydney and one in Melbourne.

If you don't want to do one in Sydney, do it in Perth in conjunction with the announcement of them being the 18th team.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
They should do three magic weekends - one in Brissy of course, one in Sydney and one in Melbourne.

If you don't want to do one in Sydney, do it in Perth in conjunction with the announcement of them being the 18th team.
I was thinking the same... keep one in Brisbane every year and then have another one that floats around to the highest bidder, but I think the risk for that would be fans choosing to only go to one of the weekends a year... it kind of becomes less of an event if you've got them everywhere.

They could try it over the next 3-4 years (given Brisbane have it over that period) and see how it plays out.

I'd think 2 is the optimum number... then you have the Brisbane Magic Round which is a successful concept already and is basically a destination event on the calendar each year... but then you have another one later in the year that travels around the country.

If two works then you're sorted... if it doesnt work then you scrap it and know that you just stick with 1 moving forward

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Probably not the right thread but why do I have a sinking feeling in my gut about these rape allegations.
This will come out sooner rather than later then we can all move on (except those connected to whichever club is involved)

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I work with a guy that has been saying his son's been signed to the Broncos since 15. All of a sudden saying that he's only one or two injuries away from getting a shot, I'm thinking "sure buddy, every young kids Dad has those high hopes". Turns out it's Trew's dad hahahaha. Now I know why he was away for his kid's footy camp for a week recently. Apparently his daughter is a bit of a gun too, signed with the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • sooticus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • lakers133334
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.